PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ford Motor Company IP address posts on Pioli Wikipedia page about Pres/COO talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Scott Pioli to the Lions as GM?

I know a lot of things can change quick in the NFL but he has had opportunities in the past that he turned one would think the last place he would want to go instead of those other opportunities would be the Lions.

I have worried about thihs in the past but I am not worried this time. I just can't picture him going to the Lions.

This has been talked about before. Basically, what everyone who's writing about the issue is saying is, "Scott Pioli would be the guy with the best chance of cleaning up this s***, IF Detroit can pry him free from the Patriots."

Of course, since the Pats don't discuss contract issues for their FO/coaches, we can only speculate on that. But one thing that is certain is this: Pioli does NOT currently have the final say on personnel decisions. If the Lions (or anyone else) were to give him a position that did have that authority, the Patriots could not stop him from leaving.

Then again, he turned down Paul Allen's money to come manage the Seahawks when they were in far better shape than the Kittens are now.

This has been talked about before. Basically, what everyone who's writing about the issue is saying is, "Scott Pioli would be the guy with the best chance of cleaning up this s***, IF Detroit can pry him free from the Patriots."

Of course, since the Pats don't discuss contract issues for their FO/coaches, we can only speculate on that. But one thing that is certain is this: Pioli does NOT currently have the final say on personnel decisions. If the Lions (or anyone else) were to give him a position that did have that authority, the Patriots could not stop him from leaving.

Then again, he turned down Paul Allen's money to come manage the Seahawks when they were in far better shape than the Kittens are now.

I think this is a stupid rumor because IMO there really is only two things that could be the case with Scott. 1) he likes it here and doesnt want another job or 2) He has proven himself and can wait for the best opportunity (and the Seahawks would have been better than the Lions) or even just a good situation and not neccessarily the best.

Last edited:

Peter King said yesterday on The Dale and Holley Show that there is nothing to this story due to the incompetence of The Ford Family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News