PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ford Motor Company IP address posts on Pioli Wikipedia page about Pres/COO talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never knew Ford owned the Lions! No freakin wonder they want a bailout:cool:

The Giants job probably would have been his dream job starting out. After 2004 he turned down billionaire Paul Allen's $15M offer of full control of the Seahawks. I think he likes it here, has unfinished business, and I think he may be in line to replace BB as the COO of the Patriots whenever... I also think Dallas loves the stability here, something she never experienced with her Dad growing up in a football family. For some people it really is about more than money and winning matters. The unique thing here is that starts at the top. Which is one reason they can look a player in the eye here and with a straight face and ask them what matters most to you...

I think that Dallas' views carry a great deal of weight with his decision, and I suspect you are right in their liking the stability here. One might think that turning down the Seattle job would have been a big hint to certain folks.

As far as that goes, I understand what having the same addresses for more than 3 years can do for a family. I flew with the US Navy for many years, and let me tell you those hours and the long stretches away from home are just as bad as what coaches put up with. Family life simply becomes a second tier to work.

Pioli has a great job, and an enviable work environment, and those like Peter King and others who see him jumping at the chance to make more money somewhere else simply don't get it.

That's good news! I'm sure there are many teams who'd love Pioli, or any of our staff really. I remember when Pioli and BB to the Giants was buzz, I mean there was tons of speculation about it to the point it was reading like a done deal :mad:. Thank goodness nothing ever came of it.

I don't remember BBs name being brought up in that.
I thought that was all Pioli.
Yeah, thank goodness nothing did come of it.

I don't remember BBs name being brought up in that.
I thought that was all Pioli.
Yeah, thank goodness nothing did come of it.

BB was kind of an afterthought iirc; like "if Pioli goes so might BB' type thing, then it snowballed as these things have a tendency to do sometimes. At the time I admit I was a little nervous about that one though, mainly because of their past ties.

But all's well that ends well:D

I believe this thread merits a quote from "The Office":

“Wikipedia is the best thing ever. Anyone in the world can write anything they want about any subject. So you know you are getting the best possible information.” - Michael Scott

Last edited:
There's one team in the NFL truly at risk of losing their franchise. Well, besides Buffalo. And we think our genius of a GM Pioli wants to take that job???? Cmon.

I believe this thread merits a quote from "The Office":

“Wikipedia is the best thing ever. Anyone in the world can write anything they want about any subject.

Including someone at the Ford Motor Company regarding Pioli as a candidate for the Lions Team President position - which is I believe the only point that Pats1 is really trying to make here.

Whether its true or false - someone at Ford has an interest in Pioli and believes its in the Lions best interest to leak such a rumor - and whether its true or false, they may find themselves in hot water for tampering.

Last edited:
Including someone at the Ford Motor Company regarding Pioli as a candidate for the Lions Team President position - which is I believe the only point that Pats1 is really trying to make here.

Whether its true or false - someone at Ford has an interest in Pioli and believes its in the Lions best interest to leak such a rumor - and whether its true or false, they may find themselves in hot water for tampering.

Just a little humor, apparently missing the mark. It was not intended to ridicule Pats1, who indicated in his OP only that it was an interesting coincidence.

Now for the reality. Ford Motor Company, from a brief Web search, appears to employ between 300k and 345k employees, or roughly the population of a small city, many if not all of whom I suspect have network accounts. Want to drop some money on the odds that the poster is someone with knowledge from that crop? How many Detroit fans would you expect would love to see Pioli join with their team? How many Ford employees do you expect are Lions fans? A nice thought, but given the consequences for mid-season interference and Pioli's demonstrated loyalty, I'm betting fiction.

Ford is 2nd only to Chrysler in terms of being in the toilet. And you are incorrect that its the ENTIRE Auto industry that is in trouble. Nissan, Toyota, and others haven't asked the US to bail them out. And please don't tell me its because they aren't based here because those companies have wholly owned subsidiaries here in the US.

It also doesn't change the fact that the plane is probably owned by the Ford Corporation and them using money to fly out to talk to Pioli should be considered wasteful.

Now, that being said, companies waste money every day.. Its how industrial engineers still have jobs. But I don't really want to get into the politics of it.

The companies that you listed are not in the tiolet compared to Ford and Chrysler.....but their sales are in the tiolet compared to what they were. I deal with many auto dealers, and they are all scared right now.

For example, up until a few months ago, Washington DC prohibited ownership of handguns, yet had a higher per-capita firearms death rate in 2007 than Baghdad, according to the FBI's statistics.

Your kidding right? This is a laughable - absolutely outlandish - example.

Like it really doesn't matter to you that DC shares a border with the state that can proudly call itself the home of the NRA - a state where a mentally challenged Virginia Tech student was able to buy guns over the counter without a background check......any correlation there?

Parcells has a daughter named "Dallas"? That's interesting.

Your kidding right? This is a laughable - absolutely outlandish - example.

Like it really doesn't matter to you that DC shares a border with the state that can proudly call itself the home of the NRA - a state where a mentally challenged Virginia Tech student was able to buy guns over the counter without a background check......any correlation there?

This thread has nothing to do with politics. I'm not speaking just to you, but please avoid hijacking this thread.

Is that the same Ford Motor Company whose CEO just flew to DC in his Gulfstream IV private jet to ask the taxpayers here to bail out his failed management to the tune of $25,000,000,000?
Hah! The price of a Gulfstream IV is probably chump change compared to $25B. The irony probably never occurred to him... wonder if they could afford Pioli without it. ;)

I doubt Pioli would want to go to the mess. That situation might be the worst in football, even worse than the bills and raiders. Horrible team, horrible management and FO for years, and the ownership might be going under. If Pioli really wants to leave NE, there will be better places to. A few open up every year, and he seems to be at the top of everyones list.

ah, who needs him. I hear the Patriots have this young GM in the making. He has no experience, but hes younger and cheaper. Pioli sucks anyway.

One one hand, I dont think anyone would blame Pioli for accepting a promotion somewhere else. On the other hand, why Lions? Ownership is obviously uncertain, to say the least, and consistently bad. And between Pioli's success here and Dimitroff's initial success in Atlanta, he could probably pick any job he wants over the next few years.

One one hand, I dont think anyone would blame Pioli for accepting a promotion somewhere else. On the other hand, why Lions? Ownership is obviously uncertain, to say the least, and consistently bad. And between Pioli's success here and Dimitroff's initial success in Atlanta, he could probably pick any job he wants over the next few years.

Nobody is saying that Pioli will leave (except this Wikipedia editor). But a lot of people are saying that he might be the best guy to fix the mess, if the Lions can pry him loose.

Nobody is saying that Pioli will leave (except this Wikipedia editor). But a lot of people are saying that he might be the best guy to fix the mess, if the Lions can pry him loose.

Yeah, I didn't say that either. Just saying that if he did leave, nobody would blame him; getting the homerism out of the way right off the bat. As I said before, if he did leave for the Lions, the only question I'd really have is why he'd go there when I'm sure he could take his pick of any of a number of better situations.

Its always interesting to see what coaches and managers walk away from to engage in far more challenging jobs with much less likely outcome for success.

Perfect example would be Spurrier leaving Florida for the Skins or I guess same with Saban going to Miami. I know a big factor in those moves was $$$, tons more at the pro level, but how much more would Pioli make at he Lions than he currently makes...I mean, does Kraft even release this type of info on salaries of his people?

Will Ford even exist long enough to own the Lions in order to hire Pioli?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back