PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Football talk looking forward: Four Wides this week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we can sort of expect 3 basic sub players/roles:

Gronk = Gronk
Amendola = Welker
Edelman = Edelman

To me, the questions come after that, and that's where the issues about going 4/1 would lie, IMO.

Do you move Edelman outside and use Collie in the slot to set up the triple middle?

Do you keep Edelman inside and use the two rookies as Lloyd/Tate types, the way they have so far this season?

There are other ways that I can think for them to use the 6 players and 5 slots, but those would be my first guesses as to how they set it up. Any way I look at it, I see a triple inside combo, with occasional tosses to the outside receivers, as it's been since 2010. I don't see any reason for them to continue to focus on the sidelines if both Gronk and Amendola are healthy and in sync with Brady.

Yep, and maybe when they commit to stopping gronk and Danny, hit a rookie deeper.

This looks like it's going to have to be another of those 'sling it around the yard' type games, as the rushing attack probably won't stand much of a chance against Miami's front. Fortunately, they can be attacked in the passing game. Data has shown they've struggled mightily with TEs, so I expect Gronkowski to be the featured option.

Their defense isn't as good as the Jets. I believe the 3/4 WR sets is probably the best way to attack them. Though some balance and no huddle won't hurt either.

Data has shown they've struggled mightily with TEs, so I expect Gronkowski to be the featured option.

TE's and RB's in the passing game, I believe. I thought I read where it accounts for a high majority of their production allowed this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST