PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Florio: NFL lying, Patriots have asked for reinstatement for Jastremski and McNally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curran: The NFL acknowledged it received reinstatement request. First request sent Monday, no reply. After 2 more, league said they got it.

marima.jpg

Curran: The NFL acknowledged it received reinstatement request. First request sent Monday, no reply. After 2 more, league said they got it.

Are the Patriots asking that Jaz and McNally are reinstated so that they can assume their previous roles which means that they can go near footballs?

From Pinhead's letter.

Jastremski is prohibited from having any role in the preparation, supervision, or handling of footballs to be used in NFL games during the 2015 season. McNally is barred from serving as a locker room attendant for the game officials, or having any involvement with the preparation, supervision, or handling of footballs or any other equipment on game day.

If the NFL reinstates them, what message does that send?

Now I'm guessing that the NFL will decline to allow them to be reinstated, without giving any evidence of wrongdoing, since they have none.

Then maybe we'll have a lawsuit on behalf of JJ.

Can a third party prevent an employer from having someone on the payroll, for no reason? Employment with the Patriots is probably at the discretion of the team and can be terminated at any time for any reason or for no reason, but does the NFL have the right to veto employment decisions?

Lawyers?

This is the set up to a suit. They would have to include the Patriots as well but I doubt the Patriots care. The discovery of the NFL in the suits by Jastremski and McNally would be fantastic. They can go into the entire investigation, Wells, the Princeton guy, Exponent, Kensi, Vincent, Roger etc...

Are the Patriots asking that Jaz and McNally are reinstated so that they can assume their previous roles which means that they can go near footballs?

From Pinhead's letter.

If the NFL reinstates them, what message does that send?
That they're innocent until proven guilty?

@QuantumMechanic can you tell me why you disagree that Vincent or Goodell should be asked why they need to grant permission to reinstate McNally and Jastremski if they didn't demand both be suspended?

I can't do more than to point to my most recent post. You are confusing the formal punishment with the dispute over why New England suspended them before the formal punishment was issued.

That they're innocent until proven guilty?

Yes but here is the subtlety in the request.

If the league reinstates them but says that they cant go near footballs, they are still saying that they are guilty.

If the league reinstates them and says that they can go near footballs, they are coming close to saying that they are innocent which potentially opens the door for all kinds of questions why the Pats are still being sanctioned.

I can't do more than to point to my most recent post. You are confusing the formal punishment with the dispute over why New England suspended them before the formal punishment was issued.

If New England was not going to suspend them then the nfl would have. I think it only fair to ask goodell why New England needs to ask for permission to reinstate the ball boys. If New England suspended them on their own agenda then they would not need any premission to rehire them.

Don't ask the question because the letter says so? I still want the questions asked. Mostly likely you'll get a different answer and that, IMO, makes it worth asking.

If New England was not going to suspend them then the nfl would have. I think it only fair to ask goodell why New England needs to ask for permission to reinstate the ball boys. If New England suspended them on their own agenda then they would not need any premission to rehire them.

If Bob Kraft wants to have some fun & make the league office guys who screwed him uncomfortable, he'll send a letter stating that since an esteemed judge elicited a response from the league mouthpiece that the league had no actual evidence of wrongdoing, let us re-instate the guys...with back pay.

This is the set up to a suit. They would have to include the Patriots as well but I doubt the Patriots care. The discovery of the NFL in the suits by Jastremski and McNally would be fantastic. They can go into the entire investigation, Wells, the Princeton guy, Exponent, Kensi, Vincent, Roger etc...
who would pay for a suit? McNally and Jastremski? Could the Patriots have a straw man pay for it?

who would pay for a suit? McNally and Jastremski? Could the Patriots have a straw man pay for it?
A lawyer will take it on contingency. Someone looking to make a name for themselves. The NFL has huge pockets and are an inviting target. It would be a Federal case right here in Massachusetts where they were/are employed and where the actions took place which resulted in the slanderous and libelous statements from the NFL and Wells. Their lawyer/s would seek discovery on the entire investigation. This is the NFL's greatest threat here, two non union, non public people suing them with a strong discovery.

These guys would win based on the science and what was it, statistically there was only a .4% chance that the balls were manually inflated.

A lawyer will take it on contingency. Someone looking to make a name for themselves. The NFL has huge pockets and are an inviting target. It would be a Federal case right here in Massachusetts where they were/are employed and where the actions took place which resulted in the slanderous and libelous statements from the NFL and Wells. Their lawyer/s would seek discovery on the entire investigation. This is the NFL's greatest threat here, two non union, non public people suing them with a strong discovery.

These guys would win based on the science and what was it, statistically there was only a .4% chance that the balls were manually inflated.
Thanks. That makes sense since I can't imagine McNall or Jas could afford to take on the deep pockets of the NFL by themselves. Reminds me of A Civil Action.

The smart move would be for the NFL to settle and put a non-disclosure clause (NDA) which they have used before to bury this. Then again, this is the NFL we're talking about, with the stubbornness of a mule....They will certainly ask for a change of venue........I hope they drag the entire NFL staff and several owners as well to discovery to ask what they knew about Goodell's actions.....

Kickstarter, anyone?

They won't need that. Instead of "Someone looking to make a name for themselves" they'll have the equivalent of Kessler. Might nominally be on a contingency basis, but some patron will guarantee the expenses win or lose. Might be Brady, might be Jon, might be Krafty Bob himself. We'll never know, nor is there any reason we need to know.

This is how the paybacks begin. Not with innuendo in SI or BSPN, that's popcorn for the populace. This is hardball for the insiders. It's going to be fun to watch the next couple of years!

Full disclosure: Mrs. Robertweathers is a stay at-home mom but is also a fmr Director of Human Resources.

The situation with Jas and McNally is that they are exempt and non-exempt employees who were suspended w/o pay.

The argument is that they were wrongfully suspended/disciplined by their employer- and can prove it.

She asked if they were in a union. I said I don't think so.

She wasn't sure but said to read this article. Might help.
http://www.hg.org/article.asp?id=19922

Last edited:
They won't need that. Instead of "Someone looking to make a name for themselves" they'll have the equivalent of Kessler. Might nominally be on a contingency basis, but some patron will guarantee the expenses win or lose. Might be Brady, might be Jon, might be Krafty Bob himself. We'll never know, nor is there any reason we need to know.

This is how the paybacks begin. Not with innuendo in SI or BSPN, that's popcorn for the populace. This is hardball for the insiders. It's going to be fun to watch the next couple of years!
The NFL paid $5M to Well's firm for the POS report. What will they pay to make this go away? Imagine this playing out in a Massachusetts based Federal court. NFL can't preemptively file either. Do all the discovery, release it all then smash it is court on the science that the NFL has publicly and repeatedly accused them of being part of a conspiracy when there was a .4% chance of any non nature based deflation even taking place. The NFL has 0% chance in court on this. I can imagine the NFL settling this for big $ to avoid the public spot light.

Last edited:
Good start BendOver Bob now how about demanding that the draft picks be reinstated?

Maybe that is the next step after the ball boys either sue, or settle, and the NFL* still doesn't have any guilt proven or admitted to by the dinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back