Welcome to PatsFans.com

Five-figure Fines For Four Falcons

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by weswelker#83, Dec 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

The National Football League has handed out hefty fines to several members of the Atlanta Falcons for their message of support to convicted felon Mike Vick in last Monday night's game against the Saints.

[​IMG]
    $50K for pulling up shirts to reveal "Free Mike Vick" message

Roddy White, Alge Crumpler, DeAngelo Hall, and Chris Houston were docked $10,000 for wearing messages in support of Vick on their uniforms.

Joe Horn also was fined $7,500 for pulling up White's jersey to reveals his "Free Mike Vick" T-shirt.
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2007
  2. nummit

nummit Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That seems wrong to me. I'm not sticking up for Vick, but to fine his teammates for showing their support during his time of trouble seems cold to me
  3. sieglo

sieglo Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

As much as I think Vick got hosed with his sentence, these fines don't bother me at all. Basically, these players are endorsing a criminal, which makes it look like the NFL is endorsing a criminal. Fines are well deserved.
  4. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +494 / 5 / -10

#61 Jersey

Huh? Vick committed a felony, he didn't lose his mother or come down with herpes or something. Well ...

How do you figure he got hosed? He broke the law, conspired to break the law, lied about it many times and violated terms of his bail by smoking dope. With only 23 months I think he got off easy.
  5. onegameatatime

onegameatatime Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

It's one thing to support a friend or relative in a time or trouble, even if they screw up. But it's another to equate him with an innocent person and say he should be "freed."
  6. jays52

jays52 Rookie

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0

#91 Jersey

Is it just me, or does it seem that Roger Goodell was brutually and incessently harrassed by the popular kids in high school?
  7. Flying Fungi

Flying Fungi Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

it isn't about the message

its about the uniform rules and regs

they've fined people for wearing their socks wrong, or, for chin strap violations
  8. 37Harrison

37Harrison Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 1 / -2

#37 Jersey

Easy way to avoid that, don't engage in illegal activities.

OR

Show your support for your teammate with a letter or AFTER the game in an interview.

The rules are clearly drawn out, sorry I have no sympathy for an animal killer who lied to the feds and his employers. Through no fault but his own turned his back on everyone that gave him a chance to succeed while making a mockery out of the NFL.

It would be cold to hand out fines like that to players on the Redskins who were showing support for Taylor they way the Falcon players were showing support for Vick (aka, scumbag).
  9. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

It's only $10K. Who was that guy last season who was fined $100K for drinking a Vitamin Water during a press conference despite Gatorade being an official NFL sponsor?
  10. Mungo

Mungo Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

have to agree with King on this one from mmQB

"I think I've got this to say about Roddy White and his "Free Mike Vick'' T-shirt: Grow up, Roddy White. Michael Vick is not a man who was entrapped or screwed by the system. He's a man who knew he was doing wrong, lied to tried to hide it and was caught and found guilty. Then, after being told he needed to walk the straight and narrow, tested positive for marijuana, and was sentenced to 23 months in jail for dogfighting. Perhaps a bit heavy-handed, but 18 months, 23 months ... what really is the difference? You did the crime, you do the time.

As far as the T-shirt goes, you save those kind of slogans for people who have been truly wronged by the system, who have been jailed without cause or had their human rights violated heinously -- not for a multi-millionaire who thought he could break the law and abuse animals because he was a famous athlete."
  11. NDfan

NDfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

12. brdmaverick

brdmaverick Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

#32 Jersey

I agree 100%. I'm not a Vick fan as well. Some things you just have to let go.
  13. Koettbulle

Koettbulle Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

x2

Exactly what to expect from a bunch of falcons, Clinton Portis would fit in nicely.
  14. Rawky77

Rawky77 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

If Vick's FORMER team mates want to support him they can go visit him on weekends in the off season. One of the things that really irks me about the Vick situation is all the people who enabled Vick to become the worst human being he could become with attitudes like this one that Vick's FORMER team mates are displaying. That Vic is now paying the price for their enabling of him is sad but completely predictable.
  15. Patsmaniac

Patsmaniac Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I dont want DeAngelo on our team. We dont need him or his ego. As for Vick, he pleaded guilty. These clowns in Atlanta are idiots.
  16. Charlotte Pats Fan

Charlotte Pats Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +47 / 1 / -3

No Jersey Selected

I was Brian Urlacher for wearing a Vitamin Water Hat.
  17. Fencer

Fencer Rookie

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -13

Yep, King nailed it.

Vick is NOT A VICTIM AT ALL. Support him in his time of troubles in some other way if you like, but don't call him a victim.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.