PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Finally a great feel good article about the Patriots situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just as the article says, Bill Burt writes for the Lawrence Eagle Tribune out of Lawrence, MA. Great article, but he had one small fact wrong. The Pats didn't trade Milloy 5 days before the season started. They released him.

Otherwise a great article. He was the only Tribune writer other than Russ Conway that I really read. And the Tribune has gone to garbage since they ran Conway out of Dodge.

This is a fine article and represents the views of many, many patriot fans. His analysis is excellent. He reflects the likely position of belichick very well. And he advises that rules violations are no big deal. Just pay up when you get caught. The last sentence tells the tale. In the end, the writer is just concerned with the product on Sunday.

Personally, I thought that this is much more the philosophy of Al Davis than Robert Kraft. I understand that position. I lived in California in the 60's and 70's. George Blanda was my hero. And Al Davis was a great, great owner. Times have changed. Davis is senile. And the league has changed. It is a profitable business, watched by all, with 24 hour coverage. I have chosen to be a patriot fan since 1979. I plan to be one for another 28 years. I've seen the good, the bad and the ugly. This is the best talent we've ever had. This is best coaching and ownership that we've ever had. The rivalry we have with the colts may be one of the best of all time.

Everone asks why I am so negative this week. It's simple. For me, I cannot understand why Belichick finds the need to bend and break rules in order to gain advantage. I don't see why he feels the need to be antagonistic toward the media, including the local press. I don't see why he finds the need to undermine the leadership of the NFL at a time when Kraft is trying so hard to support the Commissioner. And I do not see why he allows feuds with coaches in Minny and New York to affect his public behavior.

Belichick may be the best coach in the history of football, coaching one of the very best dynasties in the history of football. And yet, this is not enough. Belichick finds the need to get the extra edge. And we say it doesn't matter. It doesn't affect the game. Well, perhaps it does. What the country is saying is that perhaps this type of behavior is an integral part of the patriots success, ehich would be fine if we were the Raiders. I just don't think we should need to break rules to win.

Enjoyed the article, thanks for finding it. I think it speaks to what many of us feel.

That sausage comment was a little bizarre lol oh Bill Burt

Everone asks why I am so negative this week. It's simple. For me, I cannot understand why Belichick finds the need to bend and break rules in order to gain advantage. I don't see why he feels the need to be antagonistic toward the media, including the local press. I don't see why he finds the need to undermine the leadership of the NFL at a time when Kraft is trying so hard to support the Commissioner. And I do not see why he allows feuds with coaches in Minny and New York to affect his public behavior.

That implies this is a conscious decision on Belichick's part to undermine Goodell--and I'm not convinced that's the case.

About the only thing we know right now is that this incident happened. We can only speculate as to why it was done, and done in such an apparently brazen manner, but it seems highly unlikely that he did it just for #_%*s and giggles. For some reason that may not make sense to any of us, he decided that it should be done.

I've said this numerous times, but it bears repeating: given the choice between the possibility that Belichick has consumed some of Ricky Williams' brownies or the possibility that Belichick has a plan of which we're not fully aware, I'll take the plan every time. In this case, it seems almost certain that there is more to this story than we've been told.

This is a fine article and represents the views of many, many patriot fans. His analysis is excellent. He reflects the likely position of belichick very well. And he advises that rules violations are no big deal. Just pay up when you get caught. The last sentence tells the tale. In the end, the writer is just concerned with the product on Sunday.

Personally, I thought that this is much more the philosophy of Al Davis than Robert Kraft. I understand that position. I lived in California in the 60's and 70's. George Blanda was my hero. And Al Davis was a great, great owner. Times have changed. Davis is senile. And the league has changed. It is a profitable business, watched by all, with 24 hour coverage. I have chosen to be a patriot fan since 1979. I plan to be one for another 28 years. I've seen the good, the bad and the ugly. This is the best talent we've ever had. This is best coaching and ownership that we've ever had. The rivalry we have with the colts may be one of the best of all time.

Belichick may be the best coach in the history of football, coaching one of the very best dynasties in the history of football. And yet, this is not enough. Belichick finds the need to get the extra edge. And we say it doesn't matter. It doesn't affect the game. Well, perhaps it does. What the country is saying is that perhaps this type of behavior is an integral part of the patriots success, ehich would be fine if we were the Raiders. I just don't think we should need to break rules to win.

This is one of the most eloquent commentaries that I have read this week. I must admit, however, that I have read only a small percentage of recent posts; there just aren't enough minutes in the day for me to read all of them. Maybe after this weekend I will write what I think, so far, about what has transpired, and what will perhaps be revealed. Right now, I don't want to post anything that I may later regret, until I learn more. But as of now, I am very disappointed that BB has possibly given our enemies ammunition against us. And as we all know, we have enemies everywhere - now more than ever.

That sausage comment was a little bizarre lol oh Bill Burt

No it wasn't it fit right in.

It is a reference to the saying: "There are 2 things you don't want to know how they are made: Laws and Sausages" - cause it ain't pretty and it strips away illusions. He is saying the Pats are fabulous on the field and just win, but learning how they do it, isn't pretty. Not just spying/cameragate, but the sterioids and the men who are punchy and crippled to make it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back