PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Felger prediction..Branch will be injured in a few games..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pats726

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
I just happened to hear this outrageous claim...Basically saying that since the Hawks run the West Coast offense..and that usually they use larger receivers and run lots of slants and throws inside...that Branch would be up against linebackers and safeties and would be more probe to injury.
Part makes sense, but from Felger?? Another stupid presiction..

Four Downs With Felger

Ok, I decided to give this show a shot. After two minutes, I can say this is a rip off of Jim Rome. It starts with a list of topics and he rants about each one before his guest interviews come on. I can't stand Rome, who perfected this, and I really think the rip off is even worse.

More to come.

Are you sure it was him? This is something that is slightly pro Patriots. That doesn't sound like Michael Felger.

Re: Four Downs With Felger

who cares about Felger.

Pats726 said:
I just happened to hear this outrageous claim...Basically saying that since the Hawks run the West Coast offense..and that usually they use larger receivers and run lots of slants and throws inside...that Branch would be up against linebackers and safeties and would be more probe to injury.

I said the same thing when the trade first started. The west coast offense is predicated on short passes and the receiver running after the catch. Deion Branch turtles when he gets in traffic. To me its a bad mix.

I also said even before the trade he would be hurt w/in the first 3 games no matter what time he came back because of no training camp.

More Borges anti-BB "genius" crap, says lockerroom in turmoil, etc. So predicable. So tiresome. I so wish that guy would step in front of a bus looking the wrong way.

I actually *shudders* dont mind Rome too much. He is one of the few people that will speak out on things. Even though he often says things just to get people to talk about him/his show.

I watch it only because out here in western MA, it isn't all that easy to get a Pats fix. The one thing that stands out is that Felger is quite normal. He doesn't have to be a raving lunatic because that other idoit from the other Boston paper is there playing the role.

It is all just a game.

Everyone forgets....Branch is prone to injury. He's been ding'ed up in the past. He will probably be hit hard and often in that offense and suffer a season ender in week 5.

shirtsleeve said:
Everyone forgets....Branch is prone to injury. He's been ding'ed up in the past. He will probably be hit hard and often in that offense and suffer a season ender in week 5.

That would be highly ironic, and a vindication of Belioli strategy (nobody gets Branch's services, AND the Pats still get the Seahawks' first-rounder!).

Willie55 said:
who cares about Felger.

I don't but apparently others on this board do. Go to the front page and count how many threads currently have "Felger" in them. My point? Felger wins.

I said this a few days ago although my prediction has nothing to do with the Seahawks offensive scheme. I think he will get injured based on how many other holdouts have come back only to suffer a major injury that ended their season.

I wish Branch all the best and hope he has a breakout season, until the Super Bowl when Ellis Hobbs shuts him down.

sieglo said:
I wish Branch all the best and hope he has a breakout season, until the Super Bowl when Ellis Hobbs shuts him down.

Man would that suck, huh? The Pats beat the Seahawks in the SuperBowl and then use their first round draft pick. Ouch.

While calling the trade a win for the player in the business column, Felger has been saying all week that Branch is not a great fit for the West Coast offense Holmgren runs. He also says the Patriots were doing things to protect Deion route wise over the last season. Hmm...

BTW - Schefter says Hasselbeck now says no way Deion doesn't play this week, which means the Seachickens will have to petition the league for a waiver from their roster exemption... it's like this is all part of a league payback plan for getting screwed with in XL...;)

Coach Walsh, who invented the WCO, specified that he needed larger WRs for his Offense. He thought small WRs going over the middle on slants and in cuts would get beat up too much. he did n't think they could stay healthy for a season.

That's why he drafted Rice, TO and JJ as his WRs.

Branch is bucking the odds in this type of Offense. :bricks:

Felger is only agreeing.

Felger, Borges and Callahan all media whores in drag as scribes are all dead in my eyes, having sold their sold their soul to the devil for the sake of a few more listeners... the less I hear about these ass clowns of the Boston Media the better off I am. Unfortunately they inundate this board, kinda like the dead passenger on the highway, kinda a media "gawk" factor. We all slow down, and then wonder why the traffic is backed up over carnage.

mgcolby said:
I think he will get injured based on how many other holdouts have come back only to suffer a major injury that ended their season.

Please name them.

Walter Jones, Orlando Pace, Joey Galloway, and Emmitt Smith have all held out missing the entire preseason and sometimes games in the regular season and not suffered an injury.

Miguel said:
Please name them.

Walter Jones, Orlando Pace, Joey Galloway, and Emmitt Smith have all held out missing the entire preseason and sometimes games in the regular season and not suffered an injury.

Miguel, Branch will be fine. He's Healthy and in great shape.
I think it's time to spend time worrying about the health and well being of the guys on our own team.

Pats726 said:

I thought NEM started a thread here this week with that same premise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News