PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Favre-Brady would be best Super Bowl QB matchup since '97

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am rooting extremely hard for a Brady-Favre matchup.

I have been hoping for that from day one of the season, I just never thought that Green Bay had a chance. Now it is January 15th and both teams are hosting their respective championship games. I can't wait for Sunday.

I like the concept of a Favre-Brady matchup, but I don't consider Favre to be "old school". I consider Bob Griese or Bart Starr or Fran Tarkenton to be old school. And even that's stretching it.

I think for sure that anything that happened after Bill Walsh or Air Coryel would not be ye olde school. Anybody else agree with that?

That being said, Favre does exhibit the spunk of old school guys. But so does Brady, and there is the beauty of that matchup. Let's face it - they're great players and could have played in any era, so this can only be a great matchup for the NFL.

Eli is not nearly in that category.

I think the Packers win the NFCCG. They have a better team, and it's going to be a home game in steenking cold.

Green Bay kind of scares me a little. It's been forever since they played the Pats so BB won't have a lot to go on. Their rookie running back is ******* good. And Favre isn't making his normal mistakes. I'm pulling for the Giants.... More comfortable option.

It would be a great "passing of the torch" game from a legend going out of the league to a legend in his prime

Agree with most of what you said. But the Passing of the Torch is 3 superbowl victories too late. Brady already has the Torch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back