PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Favre ball-washing continues...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jets nation is completely off there rocker. They're predicting winning the division now. :eek:

Jets nation is completely off there rocker. They're predicting winning the division now. :eek:

Does that really surprise you? They have the FARVE!!!

Cannot wait to bury them.....and show how good their new QB is....

Their still washing? He won't have any balls left if this keeps up.

Here's how I see it.

Brett Favre maxed the system to the ultimate. He's still playing a game he loves at the age of 39. He's still getting paid 12 big ones a year. He's still going into the HOF. More power to him.

The Jets, for whatever reason, have been a star-crossed franchise since Joe Namath enabled them to usher in the modern era of the NFL in SB III. Their fans have been starved for a winner for decades and, today, are furious beyond human comprehension at what the Giants accomplished last year (I live in NYC...believe me, they are beside themselves). Now, they have made a desperation move with a very low probability of success. In the history of the NFL, only one 39 YO QB has ever put up a great season (Phil Simms).

My prediction? Favre will have a couple of big moments that will win him the praise of the adoring masses in New York, but by sometime in November the fans will be booing him, the brain-dead sportwriters of the Daily News and Post will be skewering him and Tannenbaum and the ownership; the Jets will be lucky to end up 9--7. But, guess what, Brett will want to come back for his final twelve mill in 2009 and there will be nothing that Mangenius will be able to do about it. The only good news for them will be that they only have to give up a Fourth Round pick...

Here's how I see it.

Brett Favre maxed the system to the ultimate. He's still playing a game he loves at the age of 39. He's still getting paid 12 big ones a year. He's still going into the HOF. More power to him.

The Jets, for whatever reason, have been a star-crossed franchise since Joe Namath enabled them to usher in the modern era of the NFL in SB III. Their fans have been starved for a winner for decades and, today, are furious beyond human comprehension at what the Giants accomplished last year (I live in NYC...believe me, they are beside themselves). Now, they have made a desperation move with a very low probability of success. In the history of the NFL, only one 39 YO QB has ever put up a great season (Phil Simms).

My prediction? Favre will have a couple of big moments that will win him the praise of the adoring masses in New York, but by sometime in November the fans will be booing him, the brain-dead sportwriters of the Daily News and Post will be skewering him and Tannenbaum and the ownership; the Jets will be lucky to end up 9--7. But, guess what, Brett will want to come back for his final twelve mill in 2009 and there will be nothing that Mangenius will be able to do about it. The only good news for them will be that they only have to give up a Fourth Round pick...

Very well said.....

I also work in NYC...and I agree...these people are besides themselves...all star struck and dreamy with the thought of the Farve!! 9 - 7 sounds good to me....

It has to end soon... How long can Madden or Berman gargle?

Re: Favre ball-washing continues..

I am only saying that because I care - there's a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market that are just as tasty as the real thing.

Great Real Genius quote there! :)

You're an idiot. Obviously plenty of people wanted to go to the Jets right now. Keep deluding yourself into believing that the Jets won't be competitive. I won't say that the Jets will beat NE in week 2, but it is certainly a possibility. There is a difference between believing that your team is good (and clearly the Pats are good) and having to constantly say the Jets suck. Fact is that with or without Favre, the Jets were already going to be much improved from last year. Favre potentially shores up the area that many considered to be the biggest weakness on the team. How could you not expect people to feel like the Jets are going to be better, even good, and probably a playoff team? The D is going to be very good, if not excellent, and the offense should be much improved, not just because of Favre, but because of the line and running game. Stop being ignorant. The Pats are still a better team than the Jets, especially until any of the teams suit up and play a game. But, you are delusional if you think the Jets are only a 7 or 8 win team this year. I'm not on the Jets will win the division and win 12-13 games bandwagon, but I think 11 or 12 wins and a playoff spot are reasonable expecations. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Thanks for letting me know I am an idiot. I'll double check my IQ right away.

As for the Jets, the real test will not be playing the Patriots. The real test will be to see how much they lose to Buffalo by (which by the way seems to be the most improved team in the AFC East.)

Great Real Genius quote there! :)

Thanks.... I wasn't sure if anyone would get the reference. Kilmer has some really good lines in that film.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Seriously.

Taking a Jets team that was 4-12 last year. There front 7 D was revamped last year and they were terrible against the run if I remember correctly. Their O line has new faces Faneca and Woody (great here but I think NE got rid of him at the right time, as always). Franks may be a familiar target for Favre but seriously, how people parlee this into winning the division.

I like Favre, not to the ball-washing extent, but it seems to me a lot of plays develop into him and his instincts, and some times he wins, and more than sometimes he loses.

I think the Jets will provide formindable competition (as they do most years) but they are no match for NE.

Someone else said 9-7, that seems a bit optimistic...but i'll go with that one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back