PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

FA Defensive End Jared Allen, Chiefs

Status
Not open for further replies.

PonyExpress

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I had crossed Allen off my wish list because of his past alcohol problems. But if he has those under control, he merits a second look. He is a strong pass rusher and would probably fit as a 3-4 OLB. The Chiefs are planning to franchise TE Gonzalez, so Allen will hit the market. He didn't make the pro-bowl and doesn;t have the rep of other more celebrated players, so may cost less on the open market than his talent warrants. His character is questionable, unfortunately. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
I had crossed Allen off my wish list because of his past alcohol problems. But if he has those under control, he merits a second look. He is a strong pass rusher and would probably fit as a 3-4 OLB. The Chiefs are planning to franchise TE Gonzalez, so Allen will hit the market. He didn't make the pro-bowl and doesn;t have the rep of other more celebrated players, so may cost less on the open market than his talent warrants. His character is questionable, unfortunately. Any thoughts?

intriquing..besides a few off field problems relating DUI or something with alcohol i believe..its a possiblity. Hes big and fast but i think BB might be comfortable with TBC and Colvin outside so he may save the money and draft someone

Allen has great size (6'6'' 270), speed, production against the run (11 stuffs), pass (10 pass deflections), and 7.5 sacks. That's almost Jason Taylor production. He's only 24 years old. He may be the most underrated DE in the NFL. The main problem is he has 2 DUIs in the last year, and is one more incident away from a 4-game suspension. That's a big risk. Basically, he's a "turd", but an exceptional talent...

Are the characters issues worth the risk with Allen?????

I see some mocks have us taking DE Quentin Moses, Georgia
Height: 6-5 | Weight: 257 |
Could potentially be a 3-4 outside linebacker

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand