PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

F$!k, don't like this game

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_T26

Banned
Reaction score
All week I feel a bit uncomfortable. 13 in a row is a lot. Statistics say something has to give. Everyone thinking Pats in a blowout. Whitner saying today that Pats laugh at Bills every year. Now watching the news
In bed, my girlfriend who knows crap about football says she has a bad feeling about this game should we
Be worrued

Re: F#€k dont like this game

No real worry unless we have a lot of turnovers

I expect a win and not one that the team has to hold on for,at least that's how I see it

If you want to worry about something in this game,worry about more injuries to key players.

If the players let a statistic effect their game play... then god help us.

All week I feel a bit uncomfortable. 13 in a row is a lot. Statistics say something has to give. Everyone thinking Pats in a blowout. Whitner saying today that Pats laugh at Bills every year. Now watching the news
In bed, my girlfriend who knows crap about football says she has a bad feeling about this game should we
Be worrued

Why is your girlfriend, who you say knows nothing about football, talking about football IN BED?! :confused: (I'd suggest another kind of "blowout" ;))

Last edited:

Statistics actually say that each flip of the coin is independent of the previous.

Stop posting drunk.

ok, well the Bills do suck, but they always play us hard. Week one last year was an example. So, although i feel we'll win, i doubt it will be a blowout. One more thing. I can think of alot of things to do in bed with a GF, and talking football isnt one of them. Next time she mentions the game, hit the mute button :D

It's a classic trap game. Sandwhiched between two big games against our real threats in the division. A bit uneasy but I think BB will have em ready

It's a classic trap game. Sandwhiched between two big games against our real threats in the division. A bit uneasy but I think BB will have em ready

I see trap games happening after big wins more than big losses. I think we'll be fine. If we had beaten the Jets I would be more concerned.

The Bills are probably going to finish up as one of the worst 2-3 teams in the league. I've got no worries about this game.

Maybe she was referring to the pats covering the 14.5 pt spread? I know i'm worried about that.

Fitzpatrick will probably have a career day Sunday. I still think we win in a close one.

I see trap games happening after big wins more than big losses. I think we'll be fine. If we had beaten the Jets I would be more concerned.

This is true, still that Miami game next week looms large.
Agreed on the overall point though, plus we typically tend to do well after losses. Back to back losses have been very rare since '03.

I think we'll win, of course. But I don't think it's going to be as high scoring (for us, anyway) as everybody thinks it is. IMO, we win a close, low scoring game. I'll be happy to be proven wrong.

Be worrued
Seriously, stop listening to her.

Statistics actually say that each flip of the coin is independent of the previous.

Stop posting drunk.

This.

Each game is independent of any other game, because there are so many variables to account for. It's the same with games like roulette. You might see the ball come in on red 34 times in a row, but that's no reason to bet on black for the next spin, because every time the wheel spins, the odds are reset, and it's a whole new game.

Same with football. Each game is separate unto itself, regardless of how many times each team plays the other.

interesting comparison from BSM
Boston Sports Media Watch Patriots Look To Avoid Surprise From Bills
It’s week three of the NFL season. You’ve got an 0-2 AFC East team that finished last in the division the year before coming into Gillette Stadium. Mid-week, an emotional leader of the opposite team speaks of being tired of having the Patriots laugh at his team, and vows that they can’t keep letting that happen.
Welcome to the 2008 season when an 0-2 Miami Dolphins team that finished last in the AFC East the year prior came into town, after Joey Porter spouted off during the week, and proceded to unleash the wildcat formation upon the NFL and smoked the Patriots, 38-13 at Gillette.

Be worrued

Don't get caught up in the gambler's fallacy. The fact that we've won 13 straight against them doesn't inherently make us any less likely to win this one. Only makes a difference if players get complacent because of the streak.

Last edited:

Tom Brady has never lost a home game against a team that finished with a losing record, which the Bills are expected to have.

I think the worst team Brady has ever lost to at home were the 8-8 Bengals in 2005.

I get nervous whenever a team is overwhelmingly predicted to win by the media and fans (see the 2007 super bowl). That's how I cashed in by taking the Jets last week, and that's why I wouldn't dream of laying the -13 to -14 points by taking the Pats this week.

All I can say is I think the Patriots will win this game. Bad news because I am bad luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News