PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

F&**ing Braves

FreeTedWilliams

RIP NEM
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
So Last winter I go to the Braves website to see the status of Sox-Braves tickets, and they have this thing to sign-up for an on-line auction for the tickets. So I do (and swim through the spam that followed into my inbox). Well the auction never happened (or if it did nobody told me). And now not only did they raise the Sox (and Yankee) tickets $5 a peice, you can't buy single game tickets, in fact, you can't just buy all 3 games, you have your choice of "plans" you can but 9 tickets to 1 Sox game, 1 yankee game, and other stellar must sees suich as the Padres, Reds, Nationals, (you get the idea), or you can buy 6 tickets, all three Sox games, plus 3 other POS NL games.

How does MLB allow this??? The Rays are still in existance soley because of Sox and Yankee fans. At the very least, at least the Rays only jack up the ticket price, you can still buy single game tickets there (bring earplugs for the cowbells). I complained to the Braves via there website, I was gonna write the mayor of Atlanta, but she is an idiot, so I figured why bother.

Last edited:
If I'm not mistaken, haven't a few NFL and college teams (want tickets to the big rivalry game, then you have to buy tickets for the opener against the division 2 team) done this as well? I seem to recall Arizona and San Diego doing that for certain games who have a large fan base following them. And I remember reading that some teams have gone to two-tier ticket prices, one for 'prime' (i.e., Red Sox, Yankees, etc.) games and then another for the rest of the schedule. At least that's a better alternative than being forced to buy tickets to a game that you're not interested in, or may not be in town for.

So Last winter I go to the Braves website to see the status of Sox-Braves tickets, and they have this thing to sign-up for an on-line auction for the tickets. So I do (and swim through the spam that followed into my inbox). Well the auction never happened (or if it did nobody told me). And now not only did they raise the Sox (and Yankee) tickets $5 a peice, you can't buy single game tickets, in fact, you can't just buy all 3 games, you have your choice of "plans" you can but 9 tickets to 1 Sox game, 1 yankee game, and other stellar must sees suich as the Padres, Reds, Nationals, (you get the idea), or you can buy 6 tickets, all three Sox games, plus 3 other POS NL games.

How does MLB allow this??? The Rays are still in existance soley because of Sox and Yankee fans. At the very least, at least the Rays only jack up the ticket price, you can still buy single game tickets there (bring earplugs for the cowbells). I complained to the Braves via there website, I was gonna write the mayor of Atlanta, but she is an idiot, so I figured why bother.

They are the Braves tickets, so as much as we might not like it, they should be able to sell them as they want to. Personally, I hope every pro team goes bankrupt, and every division 1 college too.

The Phillies do the same thing with Red Sox tickets which are in high demand. They try to sell you their partial season ticket plan for the privilege of purchasing Sox-Phillies tix. The only other option is to get them from a current season ticket holder or use a reseller like StubHub...Not a great option but it's the rule of supply and demand. It's still better than jacking up prices on the face value for the 'better games' as some teams have started doing this year.

Last edited:
In defense of the teams for a minute I do think they have some logic in doing what they are doing- they are trying to tap the market that ignore the team until those other teams come by hoping you will start to like the Braves or at least come more often. They are trying to make new fans, even at the expense of you possibly(and more likely not) coming to the game. You don't show up, so be it...but they at least attempted to get you in there to see what the home team can offer.

Regarding the ticket tiers- that's an old tactic, teams have done it for years. Hell locally the Red Sox did it as far back as 2000 to sell off tickets to see the garbage teams like Baltimore, Toronto and Tampa Bay and Cleveland.

My favorite Braves' player was "Mr. Team" Bob Elliott.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back