PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Explosive New Hernandez Details

Status
Not open for further replies.
so the forum has expert members that should be listened to before anyone else can post?

Hi strawman! Obviously that isn't what I said. You are better than this.

Some think this forum is like a court room ...

They don't understand it's okay to throw an opinion out there.

Opinions are just that ... someone's point of view and it's okay to say them.

Maybe you should remember that yourself when you post your remarks, Icy.

Maybe you should remember that yourself when you post your remarks, Icy.

I almost never post as fact ... mostly opinion 99% of the time.

I have a life outside of the forum ... no time to do research to be 100% factual.

for the record I say he is not guilty of anything other than ... shall I dare say .. being a bit irresponsible.

Last edited:
But they didn't say WHEN the security system was broken. And the WHEN makes all the difference in the world.

Investigation probably still working to establish exactly when it happened but, again, in context, and assuming that it actually was intentionally and physically damaged, it doesn't add up to a pretty picture.

If we are left to discuss only 100% verifiable facts then very few threads would exist in the forum or any forum for that matter. people should be free to air an opinion regardless if it is factual or not or somewhere in between ... we're not a court of law here are we?

Typically, one uses facts to form an opinion. When the "facts" become contradicted or proven to be unreliable, one usually backs down from forming further opinions on those questionable facts. And one usually acknowledges the erroneous or unreliable statements. That's where so many people seem to fail. They are hell bent on keeping their opinion regardless of what information comes to light.

Can you guys reset the most basic thing for me and tell me if this is correct ?

The body was found and a rental car in Hernandez' name was found at the scene.

Is that correct ?

If so it sounds like Lloyd went by himself and got killed.

But I also heard someone say 4 left in the car and 3 returned. But with all the false reports I can't keep track what's true and what isn't.

The timing of when AH was with OL.

Whether AH was cooperating or not cooperating with police.

Whether AH was a suspect or not a suspect.

Whether AH was in a shooting incident with a Jets fan

Whether AH was in a night club incident in Providence

How much more do you need?

And what part do you attribute to 1) the investigators catching up to the situation, and 2) the media catching up to the investigation? Also, most of these I don't consider to be major facts but rather ancillary but still relevant facts, but that's more of a quibble than anything.

Typically, one uses facts to form an opinion. When the "facts" become contradicted or proven to be unreliable, one usually backs down from forming further opinions on those questionable facts. And one usually acknowledges the erroneous or unreliable statements. That's where so many people seem to fail. They are hell bent on keeping their opinion regardless of what information comes to light.

I agree with that ... and i ignore those and move to the next post ...

it doesn't bother me and i feel no need to call them out.

Discussion something that has zero impact on my life ... no need to call anyone out for that.

Last edited:
It's a discussion forum ... those exist to discuss ... as in opinion and fact.

Clearly.

so if someone is wrong so what ... does not make them an idiot.

Sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it does.

bet there are people in this forum who are wrong at times and smarter than almost everyone here

Of course. What does this strawman argument have to do with the topic at hand?

... it's called being human Deus - we're all imperfect and there's nothing wrong with that.

And this strawman argument has absolutely nothing to do with the foolishness that's been on display in this thread.

Unless of course we really are a court of law .... :rolleyes2:

Even in a court of law, it's understood that humans aren't perfect. Why are you putting forth all the straw men?

as I told you before ... I can dig up many of your posts where you were wrong.

You keep saying that. I keep telling you to feel free to do so. I've got a lot of posts. I'm sure there are mistakes in there that I haven't caught and acknowledged, just as there are mistakes in there that I've caught and acknowledged/corrected or others have caught and I've acknowledged/corrected.

Are we then going to get into a percentage breakdown?

what does that make you by your definition?

In this case, a man who's avoided saying really stupid things because of a reliance on conflicting, and sometimes incorrect, reports.

Investigation probably still working to establish exactly when it happened but, again, in context, and assuming that it actually was intentionally and physically damaged, it doesn't add up to a pretty picture.

It's already come out with that lovely Wes Welker anecdote that Hernandez get's frustrated easily by electronics he can't figure out how to use. What would have stopped him from getting upset and smashing it months ago and chose not to get it fixed?

The problem with everyone damning Hernandez for that is that we never heard about it after either of the searches on Tuesday. It was only after the search on Wednesday. Any video surveillance would have been something that they'd have asked for immediately in the first warrant, not Wednesday after they'd been their twice previously.

To be honest I think the result of the investigation will hinge a lot less on any of the facts that have been reported and more on what the cops and DA think they can prove, which is another reason all the media focus is silly in my opinion. Similar to the Dennard trial there is a long path ahead.

Can you guys reset the most basic thing for me and tell me if this is correct ?

The body was found and a rental car in Hernandez' name was found at the scene.

Is that correct ?

If so it sounds like Lloyd went by himself and got killed.

But I also heard someone say 4 left in the car and 3 returned. But with all the false reports I can't keep track what's true and what isn't.

Nobody truly knows unless you believe unnamed sources.

so the forum has expert members that should be listened to before anyone else can post?

That isn't what he said and you know it. Sorry, but you are borderline trolling with your comments.

It's already come out with that lovely Wes Welker anecdote that Hernandez get's frustrated easily by electronics he can't figure out how to use. What would have stopped him from getting upset and smashing it months ago and chose not to get it fixed?

The problem with everyone damning Hernandez for that is that we never heard about it after either of the searches on Tuesday. It was only after the search on Wednesday. Any video surveillance would have been something that they'd have asked for immediately in the first warrant, not Wednesday after they'd been their twice previously.

It's a rose colored glasses scenario though, because a rich guy would have just called and had it replaced (if you don't mind me turning the rich guy always getting his house cleaned scenario around for a bit).

Clearly.

Sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it does.

Of course. What does this strawman argument have to do with the topic at hand?

And this strawman argument has absolutely nothing to do with the foolishness that's been on display in this thread.

Even in a court of law, it's understood that humans aren't perfect. Why are you putting forth all the straw men?

You keep saying that. I keep telling you to feel free to do so.

In this case, a man who's avoided saying really stupid things because of a reliance on conflicting, and sometimes incorrect, reports.

all I am saying is that if someone is wrong in what they post why do some feel a need to correct them to the point of 100% factual information? The people claiming the other is wrong also do not have 100% factual information that the person is not right.

Neither side has enough information to prove anything.

Which leaves us to forums are for discussion of opinion and facts ... very few facts at that.

Or ... some feel a need to control the thread ... now that's the ticket.

Last edited:
Well, the investigation into the timing will clear that up very easily - was it scheduled or ad hoc? Simple question, simple answer.

And yet, you and the media were drawing conclusions about it..

Could be, but could also be that they were called in to clean up other evidence, so hard to draw conclusions unless you're rooting for a particular conclusion.

Yet, you are drawing conclusions. You did so about the cleaning crew.

Fail by physical damage to the hard drive? Right....

There has been no confirmed report that the hard drive of the system was physically damaged. BTW, you do know that HDDs fail and burn up, right? That is physical damage to the HDD.

That isn't what he said and you know it. Sorry, but you are borderline trolling with your comments.

He said listen more and share less ... the discussion was related to the posting in the thread. I took that literally ... in any case I am not going to keep repeating that it's okay for people to post opinions in a forum whether they are right or wrong or somewhere in between.

It's a discussion forum ... those exist to discuss ... as in opinion and fact.

so if someone is wrong so what ... does not make them an idiot.

bet there are people in this forum who are wrong at times and smarter than almost everyone here

... it's called being human Deus - we're all imperfect and there's nothing wrong with that.

Unless of course we really are a court of law .... :rolleyes2:

as I told you before ... I can dig up many of your posts where you were wrong.

what does that make you by your definition?

Are you seriously trying to put forth Deus' opinions on this board at an equal level as news reports? Seriously? I disagree with much of what Deus says on this board but I honestly think that he puts more thought into his opinion posts than what our media puts out as facts these days. That is incredibly sad.

for the record I say he is not guilty of anything other than ... shall I dare say .. being a bit irresponsible.

them words kin gitcha lynched roun' these here parts , pahdnuh...

lynching.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back