Welcome to PatsFans.com

Expect Samuel in camp (after two weeks)

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Nordberg, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Nordberg

Nordberg Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +24 / 2 / -4

Tomase was no Felger's show today...and said that someone close to Samuel expects him to be in Camp after two weeks. Good news if this is true.:)

2. BadMoFo

BadMoFo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -1

Re: Expect Samuel in camp

I think the Herald reported this last weekend, just before the franchise tag deadline.

3. rabthepat

rabthepat 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I hope so...

4. mcsully

mcsully In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +4 / 3 / -0

Thanks for the heads up.. But I would feel better if it came from Reiss..
    At least it didn't come from Felger.. Has he cracked a story that has ever come true? I still remember him reporting a contract with Ted Washington.. After the fact is wasn't going to happen..

5. patsox23

patsox23 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -0

Some of you guys are amazingly tough on Tomase. The guy hustles his ass off, gets exclusives as much as, if not more than, Reiss (fan boys just don't always LIKE what exclusives he reports) and yet somehow, every time, Tomse's met with skepticism.

Remember how so many here claimed Tomase was wrong about Bruschi's (and Hobbs's) schaphoid bone?

6. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +732 / 17 / -19

#24 Jersey

I like Tomase myself although I know many don't.

Regarding Samuel - whatever, as long as he's in camp, in shape and playing hard by opening day all is good.

7. patsox23

patsox23 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -0

If the Pats can get Asante into camp by the time the season starts, play the season with him, TAG HIM AGAIN and then deal him for #1, that'd be an amazingly good outcome.

8. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +732 / 17 / -19

#24 Jersey

I'd take that scenario with a #2 instead of a #1. We could probably do better than a #2 but I'd take that scenario right now.

9. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

That not really a surprise to me.............. I figured (and have heard it stated here and elsewhere) that that makes the most sense.

Get to camp after the 2-a-days, but still with plenty of time to get into the scheme of things to angle himsefl into position to have another "contract" year.

Makes the most sense to me.

10. Pats726

Pats726 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Agreed...makes sense to me..I HOPE he is in camp..that means he will have plenty of time to get with the team program..I LIKE it. And who knows about next year..

11. patriot lifer

patriot lifer 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0

#87 Jersey

i hate how it's never Asante that makes these statements. nevertheless, i guess we can breathe a bit easier when he isn't there this friday

12. fgssand

fgssand PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -1

#17 Jersey

I hear ya there......I know when Tomase when first started, I did not like him - solely due to his Red Sox ties.

I do like his Point After blog that he writes along with Breer and it is another decent source for Pats info.

He's OK in my book, for whatever that's worth. This coming from a guy who thinks Reiss is A #1.

13. Pats726

Pats726 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Tomases is OK..sometimes better sometimes unfortunatley MUCH worse..much better than I thought he would be OR how he was when he started out..

14. Ratoath

Ratoath On the Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

does everyone love reiss??

15. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +170 / 2 / -3

I'll take whatever BB feels is appropriate should it come to that. The important thing is that I'd support BB 100% if, Samuel held out into the season this year, to make an example of him by Tagging him next year and NOT trading him at all - letting him holdout again if he so chose.

Ideally I don't want disgruntled players on the team - but Samuel and all players need to recognize that they need to honor their contracts (i.e. Branch) and accept that the CBA allows them to be tagged.

Holding out to force a trade and a big payday sets a bad precedent in my eyes - and I'd be willing to forgoe a trade to make clear to every player what can happen if they choose such a route.

Meanwhile I'd fully accept any quiet behind the scenes agreement that saw the team agree not to tag Samuel next year in return for a full camp and full season of play this year. Branch made a similar public "demand" but it seems clear to me he didn't want to play out his contract period, and knew that by making the demand, the team would not agree lest they be perceived as giving into a demand. (And of course, its doubtful the team would have wanted to tag Branch again this year anyway)

So put me on record as welcoming Samuel back with a standing ovation for his play in last year's 2nd half of the season - but on record as supporting BB making an example of him should he decide he wants to play hardball.

16. fgssand

fgssand PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -1

#17 Jersey

Yes - he works hard, is reliable, knows his sports and this team. Seems like the organization trusts him and that trust was earned.

17. Ratoath

Ratoath On the Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

ye. he's brilliant imo.

18. PromisedLand

PromisedLand Virtual Internet Person

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

It all depends on the outcome of the 2007 season:

A. Asante proves that 2006 was not a fluke or
    B. Asante proves that 2006 WAS a fluke.

19. RayClay

RayClay Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +1,277 / 13 / -15

#75 Jersey

Tomase's a very good feature writer and much less of an ambulance chaser than before.

Unfortunately, he still annoys BB and BB isn't going to be candid with reporters who keep asking him questions after he says that's all he has to say on a subject.

As far as Asante goes, that info is from him or his agents, so Tomase is probably the hardest worker at those types of sources.

20. pats-blue

pats-blue Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I doubt it...remember he according to *** he is going to file a grievence. Just wait his sources are never wrong...or is that ever right??