PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Even PFF has Brady Dominating

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlowGettingUp

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
So usually PFF doesn't like Brady's style of play - they prefer the "throw-it-up" high difficulty long completions to the high-percentage short and intermediate routes with good YAC that is Brady's traditional style.

But this season, he is starring on all their measurements:

He even gets a (cough) great rushing grade.

And here is the runner-up (Luck) by comparison:

Still a lot of season left, but he'll make MVP an undeniable proposition at this rate.

Andrew Luck is the 2nd best player according to PFF ratings this year? He's 10th in passer rating, 22nd in DVOA, 7th in the equally nebulous QBR. He leads the league in being sacked, is not in the 10 ten in passing completion percentage or net yards per attempt.

Just a reminder, PFF is crap.

Andrew Luck is the 2nd best player according to PFF ratings this year? He's 10th in passer rating, 22nd in DVOA, 7th in the equally nebulous QBR. He leads the league in being sacked, is not in the 10 ten in passing completion percentage or net yards per attempt.

Right. This is my problem with PFF. They take it too far. While imperfect their raw game stats are at least somewhat helpful in understanding if a player is doing well on the field but the ratings system they use is wacky.

So usually PFF doesn't like Brady's style of play - they prefer the "throw-it-up" high difficulty long completions to the high-percentage short and intermediate routes with good YAC that is Brady's traditional style.

But this season, he is starring on all their measurements:

He even gets a (cough) great rushing grade.

And here is the runner-up (Luck) by comparison:

But Brady was only the 35th best player in the league in 2010 when he won the MVP. He wasn't good enough to really be the MVP because all he was doing was throwing short passes to players who were already open.... never mind the fact that Brady was the one checking them into play calls to get those guys open.

B-b-but Brissett won a game!

What's amazing about Brady this year (well, always, but let's just say the last three games) is how incredibly accurate he's being with every throw. He had what, 7 incompletions yesterday. Three drops, leaving 4. I can think of another pass he threw into the ground because the play wasn't there, and the deep ball that it looks like Mitchell screwed up on. I can't remember the other 2--did he throw an actual, honest-to-god, incompletion because the ball didn't do what he wanted it to?

I can't remember the other 2--did he throw an actual, honest-to-god, incompletion because the ball didn't do what he wanted it to?

There was that one he threw to White where Shazier was on him and really it was better for it to drop incomplete and then there was another to Bennett

Thank you for sharing this. I've used PFF as a reference before, but I agree, their ratings are a little suspect (same with ESPN's QBR)

Ian really could help us all out by having that as an automatic re-route on any PFF posts.
He'd be welcome to use this if he wants:
clippypff.jpg

I guess throwing to Giselle really paid off. She could probably demand top dollar if her damned cap hit wasn't so high.

There was that one he threw to White where Shazier was on him and really it was better for it to drop incomplete and then there was another to Bennett

there was another to white that seemed to be a comeback route by sideline but white never turned

It seems like Brady has somehow gotten better every year for the last several years. Could he end up a better QB at 40 than he was at 32?

It seems like Brady has somehow gotten better every year for the last several years. Could he end up a better QB at 40 than he was at 32?
Seems as mobile as he's ever been too. I guess that's possible for a QB when your diet doesn't consist purely of papa John's, chicken parm, and Budweiser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back