PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Even PFF has Brady Dominating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andrew Luck is the 2nd best player according to PFF ratings this year? He's 10th in passer rating, 22nd in DVOA, 7th in the equally nebulous QBR. He leads the league in being sacked, is not in the 10 ten in passing completion percentage or net yards per attempt.

Just a reminder, PFF is crap.

14 TDs 4 Picks and over 2000 yards on one of the worst rosters in football, similar numbers to Matt Ryan and Philip Rivers.

They include deductions for passes that should of been intercepted and don't let people boost their stats with garbage time yards and TDs as much as QB rating (See Bortles 2015)

Here is their top 8 atm

2gy12rk.jpg

So I was just re-watching the game, and an interesting Brady subtlety was correctly pointed out by the commentator (Simms I think). This was a play in the first quarter where Brady was flushed out of the pocket and scrambled quite a way to his right before finding White on the sideline for a 10+ yard gain and a first down.

So just before Brady made the throw as he scrambled to his right, he briefly swiveled his head around to look back to see if anyone was on his tail. There was indeed someone chasing him, but a yard or more back, and so he could safely throw without someone swiping at the ball and potentially causing a fumble.

It's the little things that we mostly never even notice...

So I was just re-watching the game, and an interesting Brady subtlety was correctly pointed out by the commentator (Simms I think). This was a play in the first quarter where Brady was flushed out of the pocket and scrambled quite a way to his right before finding White on the sideline for a 10+ yard gain and a first down.

So just before Brady made the throw as he scrambled to his right, he briefly swiveled his head around to look back to see if anyone was on his tail. There was indeed someone chasing him, but a yard or more back, and so he could safely throw without someone swiping at the ball and potentially causing a fumble.

It's the little things that we mostly never even notice...

Honestly, ten years ago, I don't think he would have completed that play. In some ways, he's getting better.

Honestly, ten years ago, I don't think he would have completed that play. In some ways, he's getting better.
He's gotten more accurate when throwing on the move, for sure.

It seems like Brady has somehow gotten better every year for the last several years. Could he end up a better QB at 40 than he was at 32?
Well he did say he's feeling better at 39 than 29

He's gotten more accurate when throwing on the move, for sure.

Because he doesn't just practice hard, but he practices smart. And that is harder than it sounds. He's honest and self aware about his weaknesses and addresses them with personal coaches every offseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back