PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Even better quote from Crayton!

Status
Not open for further replies.
did crayton ever think that maybe some football fans in the metroplex wanted to root for a team not full of crackheads and associating with crackhoes.

Dallas, much like Tampa, Atlanta, and Phoenix, are all cities whoses population is not home grown. And as such, are going to see many fans from other cities at their home games. That Pats fans were everywhere in Atlanta last year and I'm sure that many displaced Massachusettians made their way to Texas Stadium last Sunday, but clearly theses fans are not of the "pink hat" variety. I knew a year ahead of time that the Pats were going to be in Jacksonville last year, and was all over getting the tickets (until the game got scheduled for X-Mas eve). I'm sure the Dallas based Pats fans did the same.

Of course all this logical thinking, is lost on an idiot like Crayton, could you ever image any Patriot, let alone a young player, making a statement after game #6 that they will be in the Super Bowl?

Is there a link to this quote. I still think it is mindboggling that Crayton would continue to talk and talk and make an ass of himself.

Who the F is Patrick Crayton???????

I must have missed when he made the all pro team

What a bleeping moron

You don't remember that pro bowl where he and Freedy Mitchell started for the NFC?

Crayton is an '04 7th round draft pick from OK State(I think).

Parcells ALWAYS raved about him b/c he thought he has the best hands on the team.

He may be nothing more than a slot receiver(b/c of his lack of speed), but he more than makes up for it with his great hands, his ability to run those underneath/inzone routes, and his ability to make those clutch catches(he also emerged as Vinny's and Bledsoe's favorite receiver in '04 and '05, respectively).

IOW-despite being only a slot receiver, he was a steal in the 7th.

Funny, cause I see plenty of bandwagon Dallas fans up here, too.

The difference between Dallas Bandwagon fans and NE Bandwagon fans;

We've actually done something to cheer about in the last decade. :rolleyes:

Despite his rep for good hands, he should feel lucky to have made it in the league.

He should remember his prep and college days when one half of the stadium was homers and the other half the travellers.

Dallas, much like Tampa, Atlanta, and Phoenix, are all cities whoses population is not home grown. And as such, are going to see many fans from other cities at their home games. That Pats fans were everywhere in Atlanta last year and I'm sure that many displaced Massachusettians made their way to Texas Stadium last Sunday, but clearly theses fans are not of the "pink hat" variety. I knew a year ahead of time that the Pats were going to be in Jacksonville last year, and was all over getting the tickets (until the game got scheduled for X-Mas eve). I'm sure the Dallas based Pats fans did the same.

Of course all this logical thinking, is lost on an idiot like Crayton, could you ever image any Patriot, let alone a young player, making a statement after game #6 that they will be in the Super Bowl?

You often make good points, FreeTed. It'd be interesting to see what Crayton would say once the NFL eventually expand into its hoped-for global market. What would Crayton say to 2500 Chinese tourists in the corner end-zone seats?

PS: Speaking of corners: Please go have a beer in the right hand corner booth in Pinkie's for me, will ya?

Last edited:
:D "Another thing I hated, how many bandwagon Patriots fans did you see in the stadium (Sunday)?" Where did that come from? Stuff like that just (ticks) me off, that's total disrespect.... When I'm driving the other day and I'm seeing all these Tom Brady and Randy Moss jerseys, where do those Patriot fans come from in Dallas, Texas? I grew up here, I never saw a Patriots fan."

Congratulations to all the Pats fans who attended! You apparently got under the skin of at least one Cowboy player!!!!

I find his anger over all the Patriots fans in Dallas utterly satisfying. Seriously, sometimes it feels good to bask in someone else's pain...and that is definately the case with Crayton's comments!:D :D

Who the F is Patrick Crayton???????

I must have missed when he made the all pro team

What a bleeping moron

Tyrrell Davis on the NFL network, made the best comment regarding Crayton. He said, "He's had like what, one good game in his career?"

Memo to Patrick Clayton: Patriots fans are everywhere.

Apparently Patrick Crayton is unaware that in the United States, people are allowed to travel anywhere they choose and wear whatever they choose. Cowboys may want to think about giving a civics class.

This is like Fred-Ex all over again

I find his anger over all the Patriots fans in Dallas utterly satisfying. Seriously, sometimes it feels good to bask in someone else's pain...and that is definately the case with Crayton's comments!:D :D

I'm with you. I LOVE watching opposing players have nervous breakdowns and start babbling in the Patriots' wake.

Crayton needs a hug.

I'm really curious when he said this. It's not clear from Tomasse's article whether it was on Monday or Tuesday.

If it was Monday morning, whatever. It's just another dumb thing for the reasons people have already mentioned in this thread. If it was Tuesday, it's a completely different story, and just further highlights the difference between these two teams. I don't have a problem with a guy still dealing with a loss on Monday morning. But if on Tuesday, he's still looking backwards and talking about it to the press, that's a leadership and coaching issue. Unless it was a bye week, can you imagine a patriots player doing this? Maybe for a division opponent that you know you're going to see again. But for a nonconference opponent in week 6?

I get that in a lot of ways, this game was circled a long time ago and for many Dallas fans, and apparently their players, this game was their early superbowl. But the reality is that except for the hype, the game was virtually irrelevant for either team. A single non-conference loss in week 6 for undefeated teams means nothing. Dallas still has its destiny in its own hands and is still in the best shape of the the conference to secure the bye. The game was meaningless to them for all purposes except psychologically. Dallas has a conference game against a decent opponent on Sunday. If they're still thinking about the Patriots instead of the Vikings, they are truly idiots and it's really a stark contrast to the Patriots M.O.

This idiot is just babbling because there's a mic nearby and it gets his name in print. It certainly won't get there based on talent.

Same place the South gets all of it's highly educated professional labor.....the NORTHEAST.

QUOTE]

I guess they all got so educated that they left for better places!

Growing up in New England in the 70's with all he neighborhood kids adopting Dallas because they were "America's Team" and the Patsies were so bad their games were not even televised, it is mind boggling to think that now there are yourng kids in Dallas becoming Patriot fans based on their recent success.

Never thought it could happen.

Thank You Mr. Kraft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back