PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN's Mike Fish...WOW..."Further Indict"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ESPN's Mike Fish .. WOW .. "Further Indict"

Lol. I enjoy the "deflect the truth" strategy that so many of us fans like to use. Honestly it's tough for me to keep supporting this team, faced with all this evidence. I know homers will be homers, and I'm not gonna abandon the team, but you honestly don't think it casts a pall on us as a whole? The spygate thread that has the most posts on it is one attacking a reporter for using a word wrong.. that says something right there. So many of us refuse to acknowledge the damage this does to our reputation, and to our past victories, going on thinking "innocently" that we're still the best straight up team. I've had so many people tell me recently that just two or three years ago, they respected the Pats more than almost any other team, because we were well coached and made great management decisions. Now, those same people can't wait to shove the latest news in my face. And honestly, if I was in their shoes (especially divisonal opponents' fans), I'd do the same thing.

I know you still need to play the game well, but if we can pipe in where blitzes are likely coming from, what type of offensive play to expect, etc. it's obviously going to make an okay player good, and a good player much better.

I think as a whole, our fanbase is just struggling to get through this. Theres a lot of cognitive dissonance surrounding the entire thing, because we simply don't want to admit that what our team did was wrong. I've heard a lot of "everybody does it", "we could've taped from somewhere else", "it doesn't matter much", etc., but the point is that you just can't tape signals the way we did it. Other teams have known about this for years, there's several instances of Pats' employees being kicked out of opposing stadiums for such taping. Goodell finally chose to enforce the rulebook instead of having it be a game of "oh haha i caughted you! get out of my stadium!"

I'm sure I'm gonna get flamed hard for this, but reality hurts, my friends. The sooner you swallow your pride and realize it, the better you can deal with all the crap the world is throwing at us, and the sooner we can move forward with pride once again.

Yeah, you will get flamed, and for good reason. We already dealt with all of this crap back in September. Now it is just people trying to recapture the same magic and ratings by rehashing an old story. NOTHING new has happened in this story since the second week in September. It's almost been 8 months and we are still sitting here getting vilified by ESPN.

I swear to God, I am hoping that Marvin Harrison did shoot that gun. Please take the heat off of us for a little, 88. People need thier priorities adjusted...I can't find diddly crap about Harrison on ESPN unless I search for it, but I see 8 months worth of Patriots demonizing on the freakin home page. It's disgusting, vile, untrue, and should be illegal.

Yeah, you will get flamed, and for good reason. We already dealt with all of this crap back in September. Now it is just people trying to recapture the same magic and ratings by rehashing an old story. NOTHING new has happened in this story since the second week in September. It's almost been 8 months and we are still sitting here getting vilified by ESPN.

I swear to God, I am hoping that Marvin Harrison did shoot that gun. Please take the heat off of us for a little, 88. People need thier priorities adjusted...I can't find diddly crap about Harrison on ESPN unless I search for it, but I see 8 months worth of Patriots demonizing on the freakin home page. It's disgusting, vile, untrue, and should be illegal.

Well now there's offensive evidence and proof that it dates back 8 years. That's certainly a new development.

And there you go looking for deflection again. Lol.

I think most peoples' priorities are bigger in scope... like questions about Super Bowl victories. The Harrison thing came out about a week ago, maybe that's why you're having a hard time finding the information.

Last edited:

Well now there's offensive evidence and proof that it dates back 8 years. That's certainly a new development.

And there you go looking for deflection again. Lol.

I think most peoples' priorities are bigger in scope... like questions about Super Bowl victories. The Harrison thing came out about a week ago, maybe that's why you're having a hard time finding the information.

Ok, it came out in September that the recording of signals had been going on since 2000. That's not new. And it was never said that it was just defensive signals, so THAT'S nothing new.

I am not looking for deflection, I am looking for fair reporting.

YOU, on the other hand, are looking for attention because you are a trolling putz.

To address other Patsfans who are bursting with anxiety and tension over something which none of us have any control...

Heat? What heat? The whole situation is just another media driven morass of negativity. If the media (as a whole) would report the facts of an issue as it stands, along with any newly found facts (news?!) then that would be good reporting. Instead, almost every network these days sensationalizes and demonizes and SPECULATES. Speculation used to be the territory of the National Enquirer. It's a shame what much of todays press has devolved and degenerated into. As far as the fan crazies who eat it up...they're just like lemmings following leader to disaster...followers, not leaders...nonthinking bandwagon thugs. One cannot control the mindless thoughts of another, so their ignorance only bothers me in the regard that it's distressing that this is the state of the human condition.

Let's be clear here. There was a serious issue reported about the taping. It was investigated and pretty much absolved. There were newer allegations. They are being investigated.

The issue itself has been totally blown out of proportion and anyone in their right mind can decipher that. Again, this is another current media tendency, so it bears little representation to the truth. The problem is that we all rely on the media to broadcast us the truth as it happens. This problem underlies the current investigation of the Pats taping opponents as an infraction of league policy, and what is truly horrendous is that it is a much larger and more serious problem that no one cares to address. It is not deflection to note the medias irresponsibility, it is awareness.

Ok, it came out in September that the recording of signals had been going on since 2000. That's not new. And it was never said that it was just defensive signals, so THAT'S nothing new.

I am not looking for deflection, I am looking for fair reporting.

YOU, on the other hand, are looking for attention because you are a trolling putz.

Lol aight buddy. I do recall BB saying it was defensive signals, as does the rest of the world.

And you can't expect fair reporting... ever, in the modern era. plus, it sound more like you're falling victim to confirmation bias.

Actually, I was hoping to hear from some Pats fans who think along the same lines as I do. The way I see it, you're trolling me more than I'm trolling the thread, so I'll just stop responding to you, right about... now.

edit: Good point about the media, spence. There's just no real reporting anymore these days.

Last edited:

Lol aight buddy. I do recall BB saying it was defensive signals, as does the rest of the world.

And you can't expect fair reporting... ever, in the modern era. plus, it sound more like you're falling victim to confirmation bias.

Actually, I was hoping to hear from some Pats fans who think along the same lines as I do. The way I see it, you're trolling me more than I'm trolling the thread, so I'll just stop responding to you, right about... now.

edit: Good point about the media, spence. There's just no real reporting anymore these days.

One thing you & all Patriot haters need to accept is that nothing is going to come of Walsh's tape & testimony. You can't "steal" offensive signals since they're sent in via radio signals to the QB through the headset in his helmut.

What you should do is do some self-reflection and ask yourself "why do I WANT something to be discovered?...why am I HOPING something new will turn up?"

There can be only one answer and that answer is "because I HATE the Patriots!" Once you admit that, you've taken the first step in over-coming your denial.

You see, the sick fact is that there are fans like you across the nation who have already made up their minds and you want the evidence to fulfill your desire to see the Patriots taken down.

WELL, IT AINT GONNA HAPPEN BABY!

Last edited:
I don't know who Mike Fish is, but I'd bet any money that he was born and raised in New York State, or went to college in New York, or both. He is so anti-New England, he is so biased, he has to be a New Yorker.

EDIT: So, I did some research, and if my research is correct he IS from New York. I found that he was born and raised in Albany, New York, and went to college in Ithaca, NY. I'm not making this up. I honestly didn't know this at first. I just have to laugh at that.

This whole story is turning into an anti-Patriotfest, where biased journalists try to make a story. This is turning almost comical at this point.....if it wasn't so sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes