Playoffs:

Dolphins, Steelers, Colts, Broncos win divisons
Pats and Ravens wildcard

Steelers over Ravens
Dolphins over Pats

Colts over Steelers
Dolphins over Broncos

Colts over Dolphins

Ehh,,While there is some good thoughts here.This burger was tasting great untill i saw the Final Results.Miami will contend this year,given..But All the way through the playoffs?I dont agree.No Sir.

Dolphins butt kissing. Hahaha this just keeps getting better. :snob:

Being the under dog is the best feeling imaginable.

Last edited:
Wow, sounds pretty stupid to me.
Those guys must be hittin the pipe.

Attachments

• crack.jpg
    crack.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 284
Keep in mind this is a fantasy sports blog too, so teams with big-stats players obviously get the edge.

I love how the media whines about the Pats not doing enough to "replace key players," but when they draft a kicker in the 4th round the position is still considered an "obvious issue."

Maybe I should chip in...DOLPHINS GO 19-0 AND BECOME SB CHAMPIONS. PATRIOTS LOSE TWICE TO THE DOLPHINS. ITS DOOMSDAY, PATRIOTS HAVE NO SHOT.

How is that for motivation for the Pats :D

Ah, those Dolphins must be impervious to injury. Ronnie Brown is backed up by Sammie Morris and this writer thinks losing Dillon or having him underachieve, who's only backed up by LoMo, is a bigger problem for us the Pats? Huh?

Of course, Gostkowski will have some growing pains but what about Mare? He can be a shankmeister himself. And Culpepper over Brady in the playoffs? Yup, that's about as likely to happen as the papers finding Laura Bush in Bill Clinton's bedroom.:D

I like the part about losing division games.
Yeah, our biggest obstacle.
Watch out for those Jets and Bills.

pats1 said:
It's an Insider blog, so I'll just give a summary:

http://proxy.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?name=karabell_eric#20060831

Dolphins: 11-5, 1st in AFC East

-Culpepper won't put up big stats
-Brown runs for 1,400 yds.
-Good defense

Patriots: 10-6, 2nd in AFC East

-Concerns in key defensive positions
-Could lose division games
-Deion signs in week 4
-Dillon gets injured, 1,000 yds.
-Kicking game "obvious issue"

Playoffs:

Dolphins, Steelers, Colts, Broncos win divisons
Pats and Ravens wildcard

Steelers over Ravens
Dolphins over Pats

Colts over Steelers
Dolphins over Broncos

Colts over Dolphins

Thats good. My wife thinks the Jaguars will make the Super Bowl because she likes their uniforms. She is obviously as much an expert as this guy is...

Hey c'mon guys. This guy has a point. It is entirely possible that Brady, Seymour, Bruschi, Harrison, Hobbs, both Scotts, Hawkins, Sanders, Green, Light, Koppen, Kaczur, O'Calaghan, Dillon, Maroney, Faulk, Graham, Thomas and Brown all miss several games due to injury or play half the season with major injuries.

All while the Dolphins lose next to no one.

It is entirely possible.

That is maybe the worst thing I've ever read. No weaknesses on the Miami offense? How about Culpepper, he sucks. He's a mediocre QB that benefitted tremendously from Randy Moss running down the field and catching anything he lobbed up. Not to mention that terrible offensive line. Ronnie Brown has been utterly mediocre as well. And the defense is old and declining, there isn't a player on that side of the ball I'd want from the Doofins except for Jason Taylor. Also hugely overrates Dallas (their offensive line is worse than Miami's) and Carolina while underrating Philadelphia and Tampa Bay. As for the Pats ranking... just a joke. Must suck to be that guy, going through life being constantly wrong.

Richter said:
That is maybe the worst thing I've ever read. No weaknesses on the Miami offense? How about Culpepper, he sucks. He's a mediocre QB that benefitted tremendously from Randy Moss running down the field and catching anything he lobbed up. Not to mention that terrible offensive line. Ronnie Brown has been utterly mediocre as well. And the defense is old and declining, there isn't a player on that side of the ball I'd want from the Doofins except for Jason Taylor. Also hugely overrates Dallas (their offensive line is worse than Miami's) and Carolina while underrating Philadelphia and Tampa Bay. As for the Pats ranking... just a joke. Must suck to be that guy, going through life being constantly wrong.

Well, if you ask me, Miami's horrid oline is a pretty huge weakness on the offense. I guess the good news is ESPN has finally gotten off the "Jets are going all the way" bandwagon they've been on for five years or so. If Miami goes 9-7 again, it'll be an improvement.

Miami's weaknesses:
Offensive Line
DB's
Team depth.

Probably 10-6 with that candy #$$ schedule

pats1 said:
-Kicking game "obvious issue"

Look, I have no idea what's actually going to happen in the season. Who does? I think the Patriots look great at this stage, but maybe the Dolphins will surprise me.

But.

I am SO SICK of every analysis repeating that the kicking game is an "obvious issue." What other team gets this? What about Indy, where their kicker is hobbling around on an injured ankle, is that an "obvious issue"?

Take ANY other team. Give them Josh Miller handling punts and the top kicker in the draft beating out a solid veteran and being perfect in exhibition games. Ok, that's fine, nothing to see here, right?

I hate to say this but the Phins did look good in the little pre-season action I watched. Daunte was throwing well and his receivers were making amazing catches. Our small db's do not match up well against their big wide outs such as chambers. All Duante has to do is put the ball up out of the reach of our short db's. Don't forget he is very good at this having done it for years with Moss.

That being said, will he stay healthy for the entire season? Will that unproven line offer enough protection and running lanes for an running back that hasn't been a #1 starter.

Lots of questions on for this team too. Too many to put them in the Super Bowl.

My prediciton is the Ravens will be a bigger contender than the Phins this year.

patchick said:
Look, I have no idea what's actually going to happen in the season. Who does? I think the Patriots look great at this stage, but maybe the Dolphins will surprise me.

But.

I am SO SICK of every analysis repeating that the kicking game is an "obvious issue." What other team gets this? What about Indy, where their kicker is hobbling around on an injured ankle, is that an "obvious issue"?

Take ANY other team. Give them Josh Miller handling punts and the top kicker in the draft beating out a solid veteran and being perfect in exhibition games. Ok, that's fine, nothing to see here, right?

But, Adam Vinatieri was instrumental in 6-8 wins per season. Without him, neither of the 03/04 teams would have even won 10 games. And last years team? :eek: :bricks: :eek:

At least, that's what I've heard

My biggest problem with these "media" predictions is a simple one.

These guys are LAZY.

They do not do there homework. A lot of this analysis sounds like the stuff we heard pre-draft. There is no bigger example of plagiarism than all of these experts regurgitating the same crap they heard another guy regurgitatae the week before.

Are there a few unanswered questions regarding the Pats this season. Absolutely, and we question them on this board every week.

But to say Miami has NO glaring weeknesses is either blind homerism or blatant stupidity.

Dante Culpepper is a slightly above average QB at best whom I totally agree benefitted from the threat Randy Moss provided. Let's also remember that this a very heavy/dare I say husky QB running around on a very fragile limb. Why is his durability not in question?

Ronnie Brown has shown not one flash of being a 1400 yard runner. He's big. he runs well but this guy is NO Rickey Williams. Not even close.

Plus, is he running behind what you'd call a STELLAR O-line? Puleaseee!

Then the secondary. Who in that secondary scares you?

Plus overall team depth. It don't exist.

This is your 15-1 team or your SB contender?

The fins will be in Miami for the Super Bowl, but only to provide network analysis on the Pats. Being in our division, they be a good reference.

Colts have Kicking game issues.

Ankle issues-SI rumors it could be broken.

Is this guy Karabell somehow related to Clarabell, if not is close to be the ass clown of predictors. How the hell can he or anyone say how good the Dolphins are, a lot has to do with their year ending 6 win streak. Same old crap different day, the Pats loose Vinateri, McGinnest, Givens etc. ergo the cannot be good. Whoever said they do not do their homework is absolutely correct, take a very close look at all these teams and then say the Dolphins are in front of the Pats, all this makes is BB material.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye