PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2020 season prediction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Know this will upset a majority of this board, but,

Patriots 11-5
Buccaneers 8-8 and miss the playoffs.

Regardless of what their records are, there is ZERO chance Bucs have a better record than the Patriots. ZERO.
Quite honestly, I think there is ZERO chance the Pats have a better record. Tampa Bay was 7-9 last year with 41 turnovers. Quite honestly, when you consider those turnovers, it is mind boggling their record was that good. All you have to do is cut that number in half and that's 10 wins easy.

hopefully Cam and our defensive backfield carries us to 8-8. If Cam gets hurt we could go 3-13

I'm sticking with 10-6. BB is just that good.

Adding a decent, inconsistent, head case WR doesn’t impress me.
0-3, you're out.
He'd immediately be our WR1 so needless to say. He's a lot better than "decent" considering 11 is a "very good" WR by any breathing. He also isn't "inconsistent" or a "head case".

He was also a 5th round pick even though Bacon had a 3rd on him.

68% career catch rate.
Screenshot_2020-09-07-23-16-38.png

Put me down for 8-8 based off the roster we have today. Not sure how we'll score points if teams just double team Edleman. I could see 10-6 if the planets align and everyone overachieves with a lot of luck. Having said that I'd be surprised if they went lower than 7-9 unless Edleman gets injured.

0-3, you're out.
He'd immediately be our WR1 so needless to say. He's a lot better than "decent" considering 11 is a "very good" WR by any breathing. He also isn't "inconsistent" or a "head case".

He was also a 5th round pick even though Bacon had a 3rd on him.

68% career catch rate.
View attachment 28517
Hmmm...a 5th-round pick...same as the Waterpipe...who, in the words of a fellow poster, was "...only. a. 5th-round. pick."

Draft Picks Matter.

I looked for a thread to put this in, but nothing currently seems apropos. I found this vid enjoyable and a good primer for the season.

I have Steelers as #5 in my rankings in the other topic. One of the best defenses in the league. Remember they were 8-8 last year with absolutely nothing from the QB position.

As for Curran’s prediction- no Pats fans should “cry” about the Bucs winning over Pit in a SB and the reason should not have to be explained.

Having had some time, I'm thinking 9-7. With Newton, I don't think they get to 10 wins but I think Belichick is a big enough difference where they at least finish with a winning record. I think Newton will be good enough to make them competitive, but I worry about him turning the ball over. I also could see him taking sacks and not getting the ball out of his hands quick enough if the guys struggle to get open.

But after a long offseason, definitely looking forward to seeing it get started and watching it play out.

I think one x-factor this year is the lack of fans and therefore hfa. I don't think any of these stadiums are going to be more than 1/2 full, if that. So places like Buffalo and KC and especially Seattle are not going to be the hell holes they usually are. I could see us winning a couple of those. We lose it for home games of course, but I never felt that mattered too much to the Patriots.

It's the Ravens season. That team is stacked. They let them play D in the playoffs and the Chefs lose. Sad times indeed. Murderer worshipers triumph...

I walk around with Stone Cold Steve Austin's entrance music playing in my head 24/7, so yea why not?

I have no idea what any of this means or who you are referring to but good for you having a great time.

I'm guessing 8-8.

There are just too many unknowns that need to be counted on. First off is the replacing of six core players on a defense that carried the team last year, and then there are the deficient positions from 2019 - WR and TE - that are still major question marks. Add in the fact that the team has a new quarterback who had extremely limited time to learn a new system, and realistically there are far too many ifs for me to have very high expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST