PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN/ McShay 1st round draft scenarios

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamBamsFan

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Insider content:
2011 NFL draft: Breaking down multiple scenarios for all 32 first-round picks - ESPN

17. Anthony Castonzo, OT, Boston College
Scenario 1: Offensive tackle is not a top need, but local product Castonzo has been on the board too long (edit).
Scenario 2: The front seven is a top priority, and with the top OLBs off the board, a 3-4 end like Watt or Jordan (edit).
Scenario 3: I can envision a scenario in which the Patriots try to work a trade, possibly with the Redskins if Quinn is on the board at No. 10. The Patriots ...(edit) packaging some in order to fill a need seems possible.

28. Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama
Scenario 1: The Patriots are looking to get more physical(edit) The relationship between (edit) Bill Belichick and (edit) Saban doesn't hurt, either.
Scenario 2: The Patriots are unpredictable but could possibly take advantage of a team looking to trade up for a quarterback and trade back.
Scenario 3: Names like Locker, Reed, Boise State WR Titus Young, Pittsburgh DE Jabaal Sheard, Miami DE Allen Bailey and Alabama OT James Carpenter could also be in play whether New England stays put or trades back.

Cool. A right tackle and a slight upgrade at RB in the first. I see both scenario 2s as better and much more likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes