PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN: Lelie traded to Atlanta, Duckett to Washington in 3-team trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2558101&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

Updated: Aug. 22, 2006, 9:38 PM ET
Report: Broncos send Lelie to Falcons for Duckett
By Len Pasquarelli
ESPN.com

ATLANTA -- Filling their need for a No. 3 wide receiver, the Atlanta Falcons on Tuesday night acquired disgruntled Denver Broncos veteran Ashley Lelie in a three-team trade, ESPN.com has learned.

The Falcons sent former first-round tailback T.J. Duckett to the Washington Redskins and the Broncos will receive an undisclosed draft choice in the deal. The Falcons have been shopping Duckett in trade talks much of the offseason.

Atlanta's need for a No. 3 wideout was heightened when veteran Brian Finneran suffered a season-ending knee injury early in training camp. Denver has been attempting to find a trade partner for Lelie, who did not participate in any offseason drills and had not reported to training camp.

Len Pasquarelli is a senior NFL writer for ESPN.com. To check out Len's chat archive, click here Insider.

Lenny P is on the phone right now talking to ESPNews.

Last edited:
Re: ESPN: Lelie traded to Atlanta, Duckett to Washington to 3-team trade

PFT is confirming:

POSTED 9:33 p.m. EDT, August 22, 2006
LELIE TO ATLANTA

A league source tells us that receiver Ashley Lelie has been shipped by the Broncos to the Atlanta Falcons.​

More details to come.​

Last edited:
Reminds me of the first time Atlanta aquired Ashley Lelie, except his name was Peerless Price then.

Damn......I know you guys don't like Lelie, but I would have liked to have seen him as a Patriot. With Branch & Jackson question marks, I would have preferred Lelie & Caldwell over Brown & Caldwell. No offense meant towards Brown, but he would make a nice #3 receiver instead of a starter. I wonder if the Pats are waiting for someone to get cut (a Detroit WR maybe ?).

I still don't know why Atlanta was so anxious to dump Duckett, he was a different style from Dunn and Norwood.

scott99 said:
Damn......I know you guys don't like Lelie, but I would have liked to have seen him as a Patriot. With Branch & Jackson question marks, I would have preferred Lelie & Caldwell over Brown & Caldwell. No offense meant towards Brown, but he would make a nice #3 receiver instead of a starter. I wonder if the Pats are waiting for someone to get cut (a Detroit WR maybe ?).

Cool -- a first rounder Matt Millen Mistake!!! How about Rogers? Is he bionic yet, or just still suffering along with the surgical route?

Sorry... I am really talking out of my butt here. But half the time I'm hearing it was the line's fault, half the time I'm hearing Harrington was hopeless, and a third half says Williams was the only one of those vaunted high round receiver picks worth his draft position...

Of course, I'm willing to say "my bad" at any point on this, particularly if the Pats DO pick up an ex-Lion. After all, we made the SB runs by picking up has-beens and never-was-es.... among some blue chippers here and there. But ex-Lions just make me go "ewwww."

PFnV

LOL Broncos get a 3rd rounder and all they had to give up was their disgruntled reciever who was gonna be shipped anyways.

Give Shanny his due.
The man can broker these three-way trades
to his team's decided benefit.

ghostPatsfan said:
Reminds me of the first time Atlanta aquired Ashley Lelie, except his name was Peerless Price then.

That was a good one.

Another tool for Matt Schaub... oh I mean Mike Vick.

Last edited:
Denver Also Has The Possibility To Get The Skins First Rounder.

How Stupid Can The Redskins Be. Eitherway First Rounder Or Not Shanny just robbed the 'Skins LOL.

Last edited:
SEMI OT:

primetime said:
That was a good one.

Another tool for Matt Schaub... oh I mean Mike Vick.

Atlanta should have traded Mike Vick instead. Schaub looks like the better QB for me.

PatsFanInVa said:
Cool -- a first rounder Matt Millen Mistake!!! How about Rogers? Is he bionic yet, or just still suffering along with the surgical route?

Sorry... I am really talking out of my butt here. But half the time I'm hearing it was the line's fault, half the time I'm hearing Harrington was hopeless, and a third half says Williams was the only one of those vaunted high round receiver picks worth his draft position...

Of course, I'm willing to say "my bad" at any point on this, particularly if the Pats DO pick up an ex-Lion. After all, we made the SB runs by picking up has-beens and never-was-es.... among some blue chippers here and there. But ex-Lions just make me go "ewwww."

PFnV

Charles Rogers or Mike Williams over Kelvin Kight ??, yeah, I'd take the Matt Millen mistake evry day of the week over Kelvin Kight, and twice on Sundays. No offense Kelvin Kight, I'm sure you'r a nice guy.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Broncos | Team could receive two first-day draft picks for Lelie
Tue, 22 Aug 2006 19:38:03 -0700

Updating previous reports, Jeff Legwold, of the Rocky Mountain News, reports the Denver Broncos could receive two first-day draft picks from the Washington Redskins in the three-team trade involving former Broncos WR Ashley Lelie. If the Redskins finish with a worse record than the Broncos in 2006, Denver would receive the Redskins' first- and third-round picks. If the Redskins finish with a better record than the Broncos, Denver would receive the Redskins' third- and fourth-round picks.

Last edited:
pats1 said:
WOW WOW WOW!!!

No, it just cant be, it cant be. Are the Redskins really that stupid? Denver will end up with a better record. So basically they wont even get anyone from the 2007 draft.

So the Broncos will most likely get the Redskins first and third. What a steal for the Broncos. A first and third rounder (even the third and fourth isn't bad) and all they had to give up was a guy they don't need who wasn't going to play anyways. Wow.

Oh, and all the Redskins got for that first and third was TJ Duckett, when they have that guy, what's his name, Clinton Portis? And he's supposedly going to be ready for the first game despite his injury (though I'd be skeptical based on this), and Betts is no slouch as a backup. Wow.

Last edited:
I think the Redskins just added another power back and makes me wonder if Clinton Portis is worse off than I heard and Ashley Lelie well that makes three first round receivers on the Falcons roster now lets see if it makes a difference.

Actually, if the Broncos end up with a BETTER record than the Redskins, they get the 'Skins third rounder and they can switch their draft place with the Redskins in the first round. If the Skins get the better record(wont happen) The Broncos get their 3rd and 4th rounders.

Either way a TERRIBLE deal for the 'Skins, LMAO. :D

It was only a matter of time for those two to get traded.
I don't want them.

I still feel that the media gives these two teams too much praise
The Redskins continue to &^%&%-up
we will see how well they do....
as for Denver getting stronger....

Good for them.

I hope they lose every one of these games this year:

Sun Oct.29 vs. Indianapolis
9 Sun Nov. 5 at Pittsburgh Heinz Field
10 Sun Nov.12 at Oakland McAfee Coliseum
11 Sun Nov.19 vs. San Diego INVESCO Field at Mile High
12 Thu Nov.23 at Kansas City Arrowhead Stadium
13 Sun Dec. 3 vs. Seattle INVESCO Field at Mile High
14 Sun Dec.10 at San Diego

nice stretch....maybe Lynch will blow out a knee?

We're all getting anxious for revenge on 9/24.
They'll be lucky if they get a field goal.

Remember this name Jerious Norwood Possibly the 3rd best RB selected in the draft.

broadwayjoe said:
I think the Redskins just added another power back and makes me wonder if Clinton Portis is worse off than I heard and Ashley Lelie well that makes three first round receivers on the Falcons roster now lets see if it makes a difference.

Ya i agree that it is a pretty bad trade, but i do think the move helps the Skins. Portis, even if healthy, is not the RB that the Skins bargained for when they traded Champ Bailey. Getting Duckett gives them a pretty nasty 1-2 punch if Portis is ok. You gotta remember that the running games needs to help Brunell out as he is aging. They have a decent WR corps and now a good 1-2 RB punch. Worth what was paid? No, but they should have a solid offense if their line holds up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back