PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN: Lelie traded to Atlanta, Duckett to Washington in 3-team trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
apparently that rockymountainnews story has been updated:

broncos receive a third and

i) a fourth if skins finish with better record
ii) a swap of firsts if skins finish with a worse record

which makes more sense, but is still a fantastic haul for Lelie....especially considering that the redskins could just as easily finish 4-12 as 12-4.

i guess they just don't like draft picks down there

we should get in on some of that daniel snyder love

It looks like we could be playing against Duckett again this preseason.

Appears in addition to the draft picks the Broncos will get some cash as part of the deal:

Broncos | Lelie reportedly has to pay back part of his signing bonus
Tue, 22 Aug 2006 20:02:09 -0700

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports Atlanta Falcons WR Ashley Lelie's fines for his training camp absence came to $378,000. Lelie also lost a $100,000 workout bonus because he did not participate in offseason workouts, and one league source suggested late Tuesday, Aug. 22, that he also had to repay the Denver Broncos a portion of his original rookie signing bonus.

:D

So if the Skins actually do well with Duckett, which I hope they do since I took aflyer on Duckett in the 14th round this year, then the Skins would lose their 3rd and 4th to the Broncos. Thus they would have no 2, 3 or 4 pick in the draft next year. Anyway we could get thier 5th?

Honestly, I may have taken that deal for a much better WR - Branch. Worst case a #3 and #4, best case a #3 and a move up in the first round. The Redskins should be good this year but it's a tough division and weird things happen. I love having another team's #1 just in case . . .

I wonder if Atlanta ever contacted the Pats??? You would think they would have at least called!!! I haven't heard anything in the news about it though.

Maybe they didn't think he was worth the money db wants either.

14thDragon said:
So if the Skins actually do well with Duckett, which I hope they do since I took aflyer on Duckett in the 14th round this year, then the Skins would lose their 3rd and 4th to the Broncos. Thus they would have no 2, 3 or 4 pick in the draft next year. Anyway we could get thier 5th?

It's starting to look like the Redskins organization has adopted the philosophy that the draft just isn't important. Amazing.

patchick said:
It's starting to look like the Redskins organization has adopted the philosophy that the draft just isn't important. Amazing.

Tell me about it.

Their 2006 draft picks:

2nd - McIntosh
5th - Montgomery
6th - Doughty
6th - Golston
7th - Lefotu
7th - Simon

...that's it!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back