PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN: Favre in talks with Packers over comeback

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is anyone supposed to miss Bett Favre if he won't go away?

Re: Favre to the Rats?

Its on paper. 2 years ago with a garbage schedule and way less talent they won 10 games. This year again with a garbage schedule and on paper w/ the addition of Favre in an offseason where you added a lot of talent, on paper they would have a very good team. All offseason many have said including myself that if the Jets had anything to dependable at QB they would win 8 or 9 games. Well if I substituted that dependable QB for Brett Favre it could easily be 11 or 12 games. Top 5 QB's equal +3-5 in the win column

Its possible the jets could be a good team this sesaon but Iam not going to say a "very good team". Faneca is going to give you probably two to three good years of football since hes getting up there in age. I think Pace was a mistake you cant justify making him one of the highest paid LB's in the game whos best year was 6 sacks in a contract year. Jenkins of course is an upgrade over D-rob but how much can you ask of a 360lb man whom I believe has had a couple of knee surgeries...

Again ill take your arguement the jets can be a good team at best just not very good. Names on papers dont mean nothing Id rather see performance on sundays.

Re: Favre to the Rats?

Its possible the jets could be a good team this sesaon but Iam not going to say a "very good team". Faneca is going to give you probably two to three good years of football since hes getting up there in age. I think Pace was a mistake you cant justify making him one of the highest paid LB's in the game whos best year was 6 sacks in a contract year. Jenkins of course is an upgrade over D-rob but how much can you ask of a 360lb man whom I believe has had a couple of knee surgeries...

Again ill take your arguement the jets can be a good team at best just not very good. Names on papers dont mean nothing Id rather see performance on sundays.

I agree but I was saying from a just on paper point of view, they could be good with the prospects of being very good. Well im done imagining b/c this thing will never happen.

Last edited:
Just thinking out loud so to speak.

Woody needs to sell PSLs for his new stadium.

Favre is better still then either Clemmens or Pennington.

Trade/cut Penny and save some cap.

Favre generates some excitement about the Jets, thus making PSLs easier to sell.

Clemmens gets a season to further develop, and this time he is developing behind a hall of fame gunslinger.

Nah, I don't think Favre will ever be a Jet.

And now your starting quarterback for the 2035 Green Bay Packers...Don't forget he's Madden's cover boy this year, oh noez.

Holy S*** that pic was hilarious...Thanks Disco!

Diggin' your name man. :cool:

Favre generates some excitement about the Jets, thus making PSLs easier to sell.

Clemmens gets a season to further develop, and this time he is developing behind a hall of fame gunslinger.

Sounds great to me....Penny ends up in New England, a nice veteran back up, re-unites with Moss and gets his Superbowl ring.

Sounds really good to me and the added joy of Jests fans watching Chad get his ring with us would be awesome.

Far fetched?? Not if Favre goes to NY - not at all.

untitled-1.jpg

Miracles Happen!

I obviously have way too much time on my hand

Last edited:
Sounds great to me....Penny ends up in New England, a nice veteran back up, re-unites with Moss and gets his Superbowl ring.

Sounds really good to me and the added joy of Jests fans watching Chad get his ring with us would be awesome.

Far fetched?? Not if Favre goes to NY - not at all.

you can have Pennington for free

The new place doesn't open until 2010. By then a top 5 QB could learn a new offense if he was into that sort of thing. Brett Favre is not that guy. Remember, it was the stress of trying to do it McCarthy's way for once - adhering to a script and putting in the hours on film study - that burned him out. How long you think it would take for the other 24 JETS on offense to learn to play seat of the pants offense? And then when he does leave in 2009, what do you do? Tell 'em all to get back in a real play book and hit the film room and forget about ad-libbing?

The reason the Packers don't want him back is because they have to move on to a QB who can run a system, any system, as opposed to flying by the seat of his pants. He was never willing to mentor his replacement. They could use a veteran backup, but that's not Brett. All having him behind the youngster would do is undercut him as the future. He wouldn't mentor for a new club either, not that you'd want him to...hell, backing him up nearly ruined Matt Hasselback's career - took Holmgren a couple of years to beat the Favre out of him, and it still raises it's ugly head in Seattle at the most inopportune times.

Brett is a dinosaur. He needs to embrace extinction. And he needs to find something else to do besides fishing and driving a tractor. And he probably needs therapy. He should call Bledsoe for post football career/emotional counseling.

When his last play in the NFL was a pick. I knew he'd be back.

Mooch was just on with Eisen by phone and he knows him as well as anyone. He thinks he just has the first post career pre season itch and he won't scratch it. Thinks if Rogers got hurt and they asked him to come save them he would, but he doesn't think he will ask them to make a spot for him. He also said that the team is very high on Rogers coming off the mini camps. Said he was in charge and vocal and all the things he couldn't be with Favre around. Even as his backup.

I think this just a case of Brett thinking out loud and people repeating his musings and a football media in the doldrums tripping all over each other to squeeze a two week storyline out of it to get them to camp.

you can have Pennington for free

As a back up for Tom Brady, we'll take him.

I hope you would feel good for him were he to get a ring here??

Hell no I wont feel happy if he wins a ring w/ you guys. His mediocre play has delayed this franchise for far too long from finding a real QB who has the tools to either guide this team to a SB or help manage it to a SB. I was done with Pennington in 06, he wont die. You can have him for the rights to a used Gillette razor.

Last edited:

=========================================

You do not want Chad under center if Brady goes down, I love Chad and would be happy for him if he got a ring no matter where.

Defenses know how to play him, he's done.

=========================================

You do not want Chad under center if Brady goes down, I love Chad and would be happy for him if he got a ring no matter where.

Defenses know how to play him, he's done.

You have class Gunnails, your Jet buddy above you is more typical of a Jet fan....I threw it out there just to see the reaction.

Shudder - if Brady went down, I would rather see Chad there than the untested Cassell or Gutierrez.

You have class Gunnails, your Jet buddy above you is more typical of a Jet fan....I threw it out there just to see the reaction.

Shudder - if Brady went down, I would rather see Chad there than the untested Cassell or Gutierrez.

I have no class b/c I actually want to compete for a SB in the near future?:rolleyes: I never wished injury or Chad or anything, he is a great guy and he must have 2 phenomenal parents b/c he is one of the greatest human beings you will ever meet. That said, he cant lead a football team for ****. He has done little for him to endear himself to me as a Jets fan unless if you consider a 9-7 AFC crown as something amazing. Do you support ever ex-Pat where ever they go?

edit: After years of great CB play I dont see Pats fans wishing Asante Samuel good luck

Last edited:
After years of great CB play I dont see Pats fans wishing Asante Samuel good luck

Asante Samuel is no longer a Pat, first of all, and he left following a fresh trail of paycheck stubs.

Neither are things that would endear him to all Pats fans. They are the ambivelent actions of a professional football player looking to maximize his earning potential. Most here aren't going to hate him for it, but he plays for the Eagles now, so if he sucks but still gets paid we'll feel happy for him.

Pennington, to an outside observer, seems to bleed Green and White for you guys. He's like your anti-Bledsoe Bledsoe.

Asante Samuel is no longer a Pat, first of all, and he left following a fresh trail of paycheck stubs.

Neither are things that would endear him to all Pats fans. They are the ambivelent actions of a professional football player looking to maximize his earning potential. Most here aren't going to hate him for it, but he plays for the Eagles now, so if he sucks but still gets paid we'll feel happy for him.

Pennington, to an outside observer, seems to bleed Green and White for you guys. He's like your anti-Bledsoe Bledsoe.

He is a great guy and first class citizen, but he is a mediocre QB. At what point do you not care what kind of person he is b/c he is harming your team and leading them down the road of mediocrity? Give me the list of accomplishments and things chad has done for the Jet organization that would endear him to me? All anyone can ever say is that he is a great human being, a division crown 6 yrs ago and a trio of playoff wins

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes