Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Favre to the Rats?

:eek: Just heard it on NFLN myself.

Just when you thought it was safe to..... oh never mind,:p

Now he's denying it. per nfln

None of those teams are a QB away from a Super Bowl run and would be a horrible choice by any of them.

None of those teams are a QB away from a Super Bowl run and would be a horrible choice by any of them.

Superbowl? you gotta make the playoffs first to get to the superbowl Favre or no Farve the rats are hopeless.

Superbowl? you gotta make the playoffs first to get to the superbowl Favre or no Farve the rats are hopeless.

Exactly and the only reason any team would be looking to do this would be for a one run shot at the Super Bowl this year and none of those teams have a realistic chance.

Even if they did the idea of a signing a 38 year old quarterback to be your starter for one year is ridiculous.

Didn't we beat him and then knocked him out of the game last year in his own stadium. Go ahead, Favre to the Jets, I'm not worried.

Didn't we beat him and then knocked him out of the game last year in his own stadium. Go ahead, Favre to the Jets, I'm not worried.

We knocked Favre out and injured Aaron in the same game after he came in for Favre.

Disco is right. The two best landing spots have less chance than the Pats and Colts do of landing him: Chicago and Minnesota. Other than them, I'm not sure there are any other obvious fits assuming everyone is healthy. Obviously if a starter gets injured then that changes. Everyone else seems locked in at QB or needs a lot more than Brett Favre to win.

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/home_NFL.aspx

NFL Network's Adam Schefter suggest the Jets, Chiefs, and Ravens as possible landing spots if the Packers decide to trade Brett Favre.

Schefter strongly cautions that he's not reporting or trying to "rumor monger," but these would all be sensible landing spots. The Chiefs once traded for Joe Montana in a somewhat similar scenario. The Jets once thought they would get Favre, but settled for drafting Browning Nagle instead. In the end, however, Schefter says he wouldn't bet on Favre playing football in 2008.

No way. That would be for money and money only and that would be the end of Ole' Saint Farve in everyone eyes.

While those teams would be better with Brett, they would still be awful.

"Payoffs.....PLAYOFFS???!!!"

Exactly and the only reason any team would be looking to do this would be for a one run shot at the Super Bowl this year and none of those teams have a realistic chance.

Even if they did the idea of a signing a 38 year old quarterback to be your starter for one year is ridiculous.

Right, how about this - They trade him to Indy and when they get to the playoffs and the game is on the line and they can't afford an interception or fumble they take out Manning and put in Farve......oh wait. :eek:

I know I know, I'm a mean Patriots Homer. I know.

I dont want to say super bowl but they would field a very good team if Favre ever by some stroke of miracle ended up a Jets. Two good WR's a solid RB, a solid o-line, a solid defense with a lot of upside. Wackier things have happened in the NFL.

I dont want to say super bowl but they would field a very good team if Favre ever by some stroke of miracle ended up a Jets. Two good WR's a solid RB, a solid o-line, a solid defense with a lot of upside. Wackier things have happened in the NFL.

Sorry thats just not going to happen, its okay to fantasize though so by all means have fun doing so...

Sorry thats just not going to happen, its okay to fantasize though so by all means have fun doing so...

Its on paper. 2 years ago with a garbage schedule and way less talent they won 10 games. This year again with a garbage schedule and on paper w/ the addition of Favre in an offseason where you added a lot of talent, on paper they would have a very good team. All offseason many have said including myself that if the Jets had anything to dependable at QB they would win 8 or 9 games. Well if I substituted that dependable QB for Brett Favre it could easily be 11 or 12 games. Top 5 QB's equal +3-5 in the win column

Last edited:

Its on paper. 2 years ago with a garbage schedule and way less talent they won 10 games. This year again with a garbage schedule and on paper w/ the addition of Favre in an offseason where you added a lot of talent, on paper they have a very good team

You got one BIG fat problem with your team that throws that balance off. ;)

I will give you that Kerrry Rhodes is an awesome player, even if he is on the Jets. But there has to be a short clip of him sacking a REAL QB, right? I mean, hitting Rex Grossman...he might as well sack me when I am sitting at my desk one day. :D

Well at least it gives Espn a month not to talk about spy gate:D

I will give you that Kerrry Rhodes is an awesome player, even if he is on the Jets. But there has to be a short clip of him sacking a REAL QB, right? I mean, hitting Rex Grossman...he might as well sack me when I am sitting at my desk one day. :D

Does this one suit your liking:D?.....

zxv9yp.gif

Last edited:

I will say this, if this far fetched thing ever happened.. The division wont be settled in oct this yr that is for sure.. Would be a 10 win team automaticly, espically what the jets did to thier team this yr..

No way. That would be for money and money only and that would be the end of Ole' Saint Farve in everyone eyes.
He's no saint in my eyes, but it wouldn't be for the money. SOme players just don't want to stop playing. Namath with the Rams, Montana as a Chief, Rice with a couple teams. He's a jerk, yeah, but if it was about the money, he wouldn't have retired in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down