PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN: Favre in talks with Packers over comeback

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is a great guy and first class citizen, but he is a mediocre QB. At what point do you not care what kind of person he is b/c he is harming your team and leading them down the road of mediocrity? Give me the list of accomplishments and things chad has done for the Jet organization that would endear him to me? All anyone can ever say is that he is a great human being, a division crown 6 yrs ago and a trio of playoff wins

He was a very good QB before tearing his rotator cuff in 2004, and he played hurt for you at the start of the 2005 season, hurt his rotator cuff again, but came back in the same game to play some more. Then he was 2006 NFL Comeback Player of the Year. Don Majikowski's career was ruined by less.

Anyway's I don't buy the fact Pennington is leading you down the road to medicority. The majority of your team is just as mediocre, if not worse, than Pennington, and that certainly includes all the QBs you have and have had that can't seem to beat out a QB you think sucks who's playing with half an arm.

He was a very good QB before tearing his rotator cuff in 2004, and he played hurt for you at the start of the 2005 season, hurt his rotator cuff again, but came back in the same game to play some more. Then he was 2006 NFL Comeback Player of the Year. Don Majikowski's career was ruined by less.

Anyway's I don't buy the fact Pennington is leading you down the road to medicority. The majority of your team is just as mediocre, if not worse, than Pennington, and that certainly includes all the QBs you have and have had that can't seem to beat out a QB you think sucks who's playing with half an arm.
02 he was phenomenal,, 04 he was a warrior who played with a torn rotator cuff but he has been horrible since. 06 he was mediocre but we made the playoffs on strength of schedule. I say he is leading us down the road to mediocrity b/c we know he cant win a SB yet were wasting our time with him instead of searching for the real answer. He never performs well against tough opponents, he has beaten a team with a winning record I believe twice since 05, he is preventing us from trying to find a real answer at QB. Its a vicious cycle of him doing enough to stick around just to keep us from investing in finding a real QB who has a chance of actually beating the Pats more then twice a decade and have the tools to win it all. I would rather go 6-10 with Clemens and have him show me something then go 9-7 with Pennington back into the playoffs n have my ass handed to me. Some Jets fans dont get that sometimes you need to take a step back to take 2 forward.

Last edited:
I think this just a case of Brett thinking out loud and people repeating his musings and a football media in the doldrums tripping all over each other to squeeze a two week storyline out of it to get them to camp.

I doubt it is people repeating his musings. It was far more likely a deliberate leak by Brett or his people on his behalf. Brett hasn't seen himself of Sportscenter in awhile and it must be very tough for a media whore like him to take. The next step will be the Peter King published denial with firsthand quotes from his bestest pal Brett.

Then it will die down untilt Brett starts it again in late July when camp starts.

Last edited:
Before you "come back," don't you have to actually "leave"?

And now we've entered the second phase of this "Is he coming back" rumor: Brett's denying it:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8306706/Favre-downplays-comeback-talk-as-rumors-swirl

Actually he isn't really.

All he has to say is, there is no truth to it, I'm not coming back and it dies. What he says instead is it is a rumor (rumors can be true) and there is no reason for the media reaction (except that Brett leaked it and his family keeps talking about it publicly solely for the reaction). In classic Brett Favre, sports biggest media whore style, he is playing semantics with reporters knowing that it will do nothing but fan the flames.

Last edited:
And now we've entered the second phase of this "Is he coming back" rumor: Brett's denying it:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8306706/Favre-downplays-comeback-talk-as-rumors-swirl

And they keep interviewing his mother, sister, uncle, third cousin twice removed....gawwd:rolleyes: Favre's such a freaking draamaa queen.

He had a great team last year too.

Maybe there's nothing to this whole thing and I'm sure Brett will get past his itch and announce this was all blown way out of proportion, but meanwhile it's been allowed to become major news, allowed to mess with his team, and also mess with it's new QB. I haven't read this whole thread but I wonder what Packer fans think:confused:

I have no problem if he wants to play again. He was crying when talking about his retirement a few months ago. Suddenly, he wants to play again.What's up with that?

Last edited:
Actually he isn't really.

All he has to say is, there is no truth to it, I'm not coming back and it dies. What he says instead is it is a rumor (rumors can be true) and there is no reason for the media reaction (except that Brett leaked it and his family keeps talking about it publicly solely for the reaction). In classic Brett Favre, sports biggest media whore style, he is playing semantics with reporters knowing that it will do nothing but fan the flames.

That's why I call it phase two. No way this circus is over yet. I don't understand why the press can't see what he's doing. There are a lot of ordinary NFL fans who can see he's courting the attention, but these media guys are just wearing blinders apparently.

And they keep interviewing his mother, sister, uncle, third cousin twice removed....gawwd:rolleyes: Favre's such a freaking draamaa queen.

He had a great team last year too.

Maybe there's nothing to this whole thing and I'm sure Brett will get past his itch and announce this was all blown way out of proportion, but meanwhile it's been allowed to become major news, allowed to mess with his team, and also mess with it's new QB. I haven't read this whole thread but I wonder what Packer fans think:confused:

Not sure about Packer fans but general consensus seems mixed: Some want him to come back, others want him to just go away.

Since his so called retirement there has been talk of his playing. Holley said that right off that he would be back...whether that was from source inside..or such..this is nothing new. It's been out there since he "retired"...getting old...quick...

I kind of wish he'd play. I'm not the biggest fan in the world, but I dont mind seeing some tradtion on the feild when I have to watch a non-pats game instead of people like manning (eli) or romo.

Re: Favre to the Rats?

Does this one suit your liking:D?.....

zxv9yp.gif

That's a good one.

On the Favre topic... I always felt he was a tad over-rated. When he throws off his back foot and is picked off the announcer always talks about his guts. When any other QB besides Romo and Facre throw an interception off their back foot, it is considered a bad decision.

Last edited:
Favre on the Jets would trump Emmitt as a Cardinal, Jordan as a Wizard and Orr as a Blackhawk combined as the Least Welcome Farewell Tour in sports history.

Lord Favre is like what.. 80?

... and his lips have officially dissapeared into his mouth.

Dude should stay retired.

Apparently he wants another shot at his farewell speech ... he promises to not fumble the ball when he does farewell again.

Favre ... :banned:

That's a good one.

On the Favre topic... I always felt he was a tad over-rated. When he throws off his back foot and is picked off the announcer always talks about his guts. When any other QB besides Romo and Facre throw an interception off their back foot, it is considered a bad decision.

I would rather look at Rhodes stripping Brady...it goes with the whole theme of this being a Pats site. I mean, Grossman is going to be doing mop up duty in the Arena League soon.

And I agree. Very over rated. From 94 until about 02, I got all the Favre love. But now it's just getting silly. He's just not as good as he used to be, and is highly undeserving of all the attention he gets.

I would rather look at Rhodes stripping Brady...it goes with the whole theme of this being a Pats site. I mean, Grossman is going to be doing mop up duty in the Arena League soon.

And I agree. Very over rated. From 94 until about 02, I got all the Favre love. But now it's just getting silly. He's just not as good as he used to be, and is highly undeserving of all the attention he gets.
Yup. Every time I hear ESPN recite all the records he holds, I wonder why none of them have the guts to even mention, for the sake of completeness, that he also holds the career INT record.

I feel so sorry for Aaron Rodgers. . . .

if i were him, and Favre came back, i would ask/demand a trade. This is a rediculous situation for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back