PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN: Falcons Beat Themselves

Status
Not open for further replies.
We may as well get used to this. Nobody in the AFC deserves their wins besides the Broncos apparently.

It is hilarious because all I've heard is how the Pats had a soft schedule the first 3 weeks. Yet I guess Denver facing a below average Ravens team, a horrible Giants team and the Raiders is a real tough schedule. I haven't heard anyone say a peep about that being a cake walk 3 games.

Yet between the Pats and Broncos the Pats have the only impressive victory so far this seaon. Going into Atlanta and being up 30-13 with 7 minutes to go and holding Julio Jones to 3 rec 22 yards for 3 and half quarters. And only when the Pats decided to take Gonzalez out did Jones make a few plays.

A more appropriate headline would have been "Officials nearly hand the Falcons the Game". They were horrendous, especially down the stretch.

I did enjoy the "Uh, the review system isn't working, so...Screw It! Play stands."

In fairness to the refs, most crews start calling contact in the secondary later on in the game that they ignore earlier on. For the most part this crew let the boys play. Talib was all over White on the final play. It wasn't anything egregious, but you can bet that Manning will get that call. Before this year, I would've argued that Brady would get that call too, but there were A LOT of egregious holds that did not get called yesterday for us. *Cough* Dobson *Cough*. We're not getting a lot of love in the offensive secondary from refs this year.

Regarding the replay not working I'm willing to write it off to electronic issues and not a conspiracy.........However if that happened in Foxboro to a visiting team I can only imagine the headlines of cheating and video impropriety this morning. Review-Gate and crap like that.

I thought the broken review equipment saved us a time out. Not to ruin a good conspiracy theory, but that was not a great challenge. It was a catch.

Exactly. He caught the ball, "made a football move" and an uncomplimented great defensive play then stripped him of the ball that went out of bounds.

My gripe is with the failed play review where the Pats RB clearly had a 1st down (BEFORE he moved the ball a foot forward) and somehow the back judge took the ball from the line judge and surprisingly placed it 2 feet behind where it was. Where's the outrage on that travesty?

Gripe #2 is Edes getting clobbered on the fair catch. Yes the enemy was in contact with a Patriot blocker but he INITIATED the contact with Edelman. He was in no way pushed into him. BAD "judgement" call. So much for the chattering about player safety.

I thought both teams got away with some past 5 yds holding. At least the tacky PI calls were minimized.

Finally someone gets it. I've been on this theory since 2007. Last year's SB and AFC playoff games against the old worn out Ravens in particular only further proves this theory. So does Hernandez's arrest. There's no way he'll prove his innocence with his civil liberties and rights being constantly violated by the media and the MA legal system. What happened to the 14th amendment? Back to football... it's become the Hunger Games, except its a different sport.

Are you seriously attempting to connect the tragic event of a man getting shot dead and his friend/star player getting charged and going thru the due process to a conspiracy theory hosted by the NFL??

If yes, that is putrid.

:ugh:

Are you seriously attempting to connect the tragic event of a man getting shot dead and his friend/star player getting charged and going thru the due process to a conspiracy theory hosted by the NFL??

If yes, that is putrid.

The guy is delusional, believing in Hernandez's innocence. People watch too much CSI.

I thought the broken review equipment saved us a time out. Not to ruin a good conspiracy theory, but that was not a great challenge. It was a catch.

Saw the exact same "catch" overturned in a game last week. I think that had an excellent chance to be called incomplete. In fact, in the game I saw, the overturn was huge because it was called a fumble on the field. I believe it was last week's Broncos game.

Basically, even if you turn upfield, it is NOT a catch until you control the ball and get two feet down. Jones's catch didn't meet the criteria.

What I'm saying is that the threshold is not JUST a football move (which I believe Jones made) but it is also two feet and possession, and on that count, it wasn't a catch.

Saw the exact same "catch" overturned in a game last week. I think that had an excellent chance to be called incomplete. In fact, in the game I saw, the overturn was huge because it was called a fumble on the field. I believe it was last week's Broncos game.

Basically, even if you turn upfield, it is NOT a catch until you control the ball and get two feet down. Jones's catch didn't meet the criteria.

Ya I didn't really see a football move. He was turning upfield before he completed the catch and then McCourty hit him and it came loose.

Tom Jerkson, Marshall Fork and the rest of the illiterate moron army all picked the Falsecons...they still can't believe the defeathered and declawed Ryans got hammered AT HOME. That last six minutes was a Goondell/network TV fix...it's what they do...and have been doing since 2006...

Yeah I guess if they're willing to admit to all the help they got from above, and around, the field, then yes.....they did beat themselves. I mean, how do you lose with that kind of help;)

Seriously though, they did catch a freaking streak of luck, whatever you think of it, if I've ever seen one, to end that game. Maybe it started with Vince getting hurt. Part of it was definitely their kicker who performed two perfectly executed onside kicks(very impressive!)...but there was a lot of other weird things taking place before and after that that helped them put together that crazy comeback.

You can take the ball out of Tom's hands, ok. But you still can't stop this D and Talib though. And this D, wasn't going to break. Seeing our little guys gang up on Gonzalez at the end, and just denying him under every and all circumstances was pretty inspiring. That's what it came down to it. Or that's what I want to believe because the other circumstance just makes me want to puke every time it happens, and everyone who's a long time viewer of football knows, sometimes it does in fact, happen. To think this was possibly one of those games, makes me want to puke.

Way to go D. And suck it ESPN!

In fact, if they did try to cook this game, and we foiled their plans and won anyway...then :rofl:

If the Falcons had won that game, I would have been having flashbacks of Tony Gonzalez catching passes with two players draped on him for the rest of the season. He was incredible yesterday. If a guy is making catches in that tiny of a window with a CB in front of him and a safety ready to clobber him, you just have to tip your hat.

If the Falcons had won that game, I would have been having flashbacks of Tony Gonzalez catching passes with two players draped on him for the rest of the season. He was incredible yesterday. If a guy is making catches in that tiny of a window with a CB in front of him and a safety ready to clobber him, you just have to tip your hat.

Between Gonzalez last night and Boldin in the AFCCG last year, we've really gotten a sense of how much we/Brady miss Gronk.

If yes, that is putrid.

char.

Fools.

LOL. If everyone beats themselves for the rest of the season against us, that will be fine by me! Let everyone underestimate us. It feels like 2004. I was at the Superbowl against the Eagles and remember saying to the Eagles fans in front of us, "That's what happens to people who play against us. We get up on you a little, and you run out of time to fix it." Go Patriots!!

Pherein...you are an unbiased outsider...ever seen or heard that one before?? replay NOT working...sorry...can't review possible game ending play....wait!!!..Falcons get the onside kick...replay working now!!"..

ever see that one Pherein??? I haven't...and I'm an NFL addict

That replay was not working helped us, as it would not have been overturned and we would have lost a time out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TYC8EfE2n8

Refs called it bad on both sides last night (e.g., that unsportsmanlike penalty with the Thompkins tackle was ridiculous).

Just sayin, you sound a bit paranoid :)

That replay was not working helped us, as it would not have been overturned and we would have lost a time out.

Refs called it bad on both sides last night (e.g., that unsportsmanlike penalty with the Thompkins tackle was ridiculous).

Just sayin, you sound a bit paranoid :)

Replay could have gone either way. SHOULD be a catch, but the rules aren't what you think they are. The fact that the ball moved on the first step, THEN was secured, but two more steps weren't taken very possibly overturns that play, which is why BB threw the flag. I don't agree with the new rules, but they are what they are, and looking at that, I see a good chance it's overturned - as was pointed out, there have been others this year just like that.

And you're just wrong on the Thompkins hit. The safety launched. he missed, but he launched. That's illegal.

Replay could have gone either way. SHOULD be a catch, but the rules aren't what you think they are. The fact that the ball moved on the first step, THEN was secured, but two more steps weren't taken very possibly overturns that play, which is why BB threw the flag. I don't agree with the new rules, but they are what they are, and looking at that, I see a good chance it's overturned - as was pointed out, there have been others this year just like that.

He had the ball controlled when both feet touched. Show me the film demonstrating otherwise. I already see it in the link above, but it isn't a complete shot so maybe you have something better. Note if you are shifting the ball from one hand to the other, that is NOT evidence that you did not have control.

And you're just wrong on the Thompkins hit. The safety launched. he missed, but he launched. That's illegal.

Let me just be clear about what you are saying...You are arguing that the penalty was based on what they thought he was intending to do, but not what he actually did?

ESPN, NFLN get memo to SLAM Pats any chance they get. I'n not paranoid, it's a fact! Now Their sayin are Pats a legit 4-0 team. Legit?! Last time I checked 4-0 is 4-0 When someone is pregnant their not alil pregnant or alotta pregnant She's pregnant! We have a QB that's GOAT and continues to be productive no matter who what or where but they always try to mess with Pats & Brady. Defense is comin into their own & ask Atlanta if they beat themselves or Talib had something to do with their loss.
It's a joke! Haters will hate. Sportscasters are ex players that probably envy Brady so their opinion is worthless. Pats will continue to proove them wrong. Pats will get better with execution & injuries and by Nov I will not be shocked if we take out Denver after all it is Peyton Manning and it will be Nov.

They got a point. If you take away the entire 2nd half the Falcons really could have won.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore