PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN.com: "Pats RB Green-Ellis finds room in the NFL."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Good article on Mr. Green-Ellis. Excerpts below with link to the rest of the article. Enjoy.

Source: ESPN - Pats RB Green-Ellis finds room in the NFL - AFC East

ESPN.com said:
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Graham

nfl_g_greenellis_412.jpg

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- BenJarvus Green-Ellis remembers picking up his No. 2 pencil and filling out those standardized test forms, one letter per slot where students are supposed to write in their names.

There was never enough room to accommodate nine letters for his first name, 10 letters and a hyphen for his surname.

"I always ran out of space ever since I was small," Green-Ellis said. "They put more space on those now. But my last name never will fit."

All that matters these days is that Green-Ellis fits nicely on the nameplate across the shoulders of his New England Patriots jersey.

Green-Ellis, known by his teammates as "The Firm" because he sounds like a four-partner LLP, is the latest interchangeable part the Patriots have inserted into a lineup that has kept them atop the AFC East.

"You have to play an eight-man front to stop him," said Ed Orgeron, who coached Green-Ellis at Ole Miss and now coaches the New Orleans Saints defensive line. "He breaks through tackles. He knifes through shoulders. He has tremendous running ability to get the short yardage and break through tackles."

"For him to step up the way that he did when we had some injuries at the running back position was great for us and spectacular," Patriots quarterback Matt Cassel said. "He did a great job and he continues to do a great job.

"I think he's really earned a spot on this team with the way he's performed and continues to perform week in and week out."

"He's not going to be flashy. He's going to be like Curtis Martin. At the end of the day, you're going to say 'Man, he had 100 yards. Can you believe that?' That's how Curtis Martin was. That's BenJarvus."

.....more at link....

Last edited:
While I think we all appreciate that sentiment.... you can't post full articles here. :( Nice article though!

I completely forgot about the rule about posting articles here. I had just edited the article down to a few paragraphs right as you edited it as well. My bad and I do apologize for my blunder. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News