PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN: Cassel has accepted the franchise tender [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
No doubt. Moss & Welker take this offense to another level. All the more reason to trade Cassel and assume you could replace him with O'Connell. The offense will be efficient as long as Moss and Welker are healthy and its only going to be deadly with Brady, thus, a 14+ million Matt Cassel is expendable, IMO.

Unless O'Connell has improved by leaps and bounds from training camp, I don't want him anywhere near the playing field during the games.

Don't get caught up in the money or you'll miss the bigger picture. Also, don't buy that 21 touchdowns vs. 50 touchdowns argument, because it's misleading.

It's just as misleading as the folks who point to Cassel's 400-yard games and say "Yeah, but the last guy who did it was Billy Volek."

Cassel's only the fifth QB to do it--I guess he'll have to aspire to be better the other three bums who did it: Dan Fouts, Dan Marino, and Phil Simms. :rolleyes:

Yes. If he is well enough to be out there. He has proven over the course of a career that he can win in the Nfl.

He hasn't proven that in the last 3 years.

Brady's lost in a Super Bowl, and AFCCG and a Division round in his last 3 playoff appearances. I'm not sure what your point is here....
Technicalities. Brady had 2 out of 3 of those games won. Only the Denver game can blame be placed on him.

Unless O'Connell has improved by leaps and bounds from training camp, I don't want him anywhere near the playing field during the games.
How many people said that about Cassel after TC?

Stop it, now you are just trying to be silly. You don't really believe Brady has anything to prove do you? I know the answer, it's no.

Re: Report: Cassel has accepted the franchise tender (merged)

I was asking questions to learn answers. JACK ASS!
Sorry, but I didn't see any questions in the post I was responding to; just a lot of "OMG, the sky is falling!" statements. As a reminder, this is the comment that I responded to:
This sucks. Now the Patriots can not sign anyone of much value in free agency. 14 million is more then Brady ever made in one year. I thought the Patriots were team first.Cassel is not worth 14 million.
I responded with my opinions to each of your topics within your comment, and added one suggestion at the end. Sorry if the critique was harsh, but in my opinion your reaction was a bit over the top. Perhaps that was why my last comment was over the top as well.

Last edited:
Technicalities. Brady had 2 out of 3 of those games won. Only the Denver game can blame be placed on him.

Come on, now... He had the best offense in NFL history, and couldn't get 20 points. Look, I brought this up only because SWheeler's pushing the panic button on a Saturday night in February, but let's not go fooling ourselves. Whether we want to admit it or not, Brady has come up small in the past 3 offseasons. If Manning had done what he has, we'd never let Colts fans live it down. What insulates Brady is the 3 Super Bowl wins before.

unless you believe the only qbs who have proven they are winners are manning burger and little manning. and thats rediculous.

Come on, now... He had the best offense in NFL history, and couldn't get 20 points. Look, I brought this up only because SWheeler's pushing the panic button on a Saturday night in February, but let's not go fooling ourselves. Whether we want to admit it or not, Brady has come up small in the past 3 offseasons. If Manning had done what he has, we'd never let Colts fans live it down. What insulates Brady is the 3 Super Bowl wins before.

i dont know Deus. I would hate to have to work for you. you are one demanding fella. geeeeez

I know you don't really believe any of this because if we start stating facts you will look silly. It seems that although you don't want to admit it you maybe pushing the panic button as well. At least it seems it with your logic.

brady had the best offence for one year. he put up 30 points with no wr agianst the colts, and threw no picks and a game winning 80 yard td drive agianst the giants. the defence came up short, not brady.

Last edited:
unless you believe the only qbs who have proven they are winners are manning burger and little manning. and thats rediculous.

It's not my argument, it's SWheeler's. I either didn't get it across properly, or I did it too well. Neither Brady nor Cassel has won a Super Bowl in the past 3 years, so panicking in February because we might have to go with an unproven guy instead of the guy who's coming off injury and has come up short 3 straight years is a bit silly.

The game played out in a low scoring manner. Brady, Moss & Welker had the team up with 2 minutes left, w the Giants pinned to their end zone. They put the team in a position to win. Really, if the Tyree ball bounces off his head, Brady gets SB 42 MVP.

brady had the best offence for one year. he put up 30 points with no wr agianst the colts, and throw no picks and a game winning 80 yard td drive agianst the giants. the defence came up short, not brady.

Now that's just nonsense. The defense was the problem in the AFCCG, but the offense was what failed the team against the Giants. All you need to do is look at the scoreboard to figure that out.

The game played out in a low scoring manner. Brady, Moss & Welker had the team up with 2 minutes left, w the Giants pinned to their end zone. They put the team in a position to win. Really, if the Tyree ball bounces off his head, Brady gets SB 42 MVP.

The ball didn't bounce off Tyree's head. Brady and the offense didn't score even 20 points. Game's over, the most prolific offense in NFL history failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes