PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eric Wilbur:Despite Tom Brady’s perfect performance, don’t expect the NFL to back down on punishmen

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to our polls, few here expect anything different.

guilty_guilty_guilty.jpg

So many words to really say nothing at all

we all knew this was going to court

If the transcript shows Brady being as good as advertised, and this still goes to court, this case could very well be the dream case the NFLPA was hoping for. Goodell maintaining the punishment after a convincing defense would go a long way towards proving an NFLPA claim that the system is fatally flawed.

So many words to really say nothing at all

we all knew this was going to court

I prefer to wait and see how Goodell decides.... do you think Tom is going to object to a 1-game suspension... I certainly hope so, but after seeing what Kraft did, I'm not so sure tbh

Yep.. So many of these guys make their point in a paragraph or two, then just repeat it until they think they've written enough.

It's not so bad...I think he makes good points about the kind of person Goodell really is

Good. I hope the NFL doesn't back down on the punishment and Goodell is stupid enough to go to court. I've been hoping that all along.

Giants fan at work thinks Brady doesn't want to go to court lmao. If it goes to court and they get discovery the whole system is coming down.

I think we all know that yesterday 's dog and pony show was merely a formality before this goes to court. We knew that the outcome was predetermined the minute goodell announced that he himself would hear the appeal.

Soon he will make a public statement to the effect of "We appreciate the time and effort that Tom and his team gave during the appeal process. They did an admirable job presenting their case. However there was no new information shown during the meeting that would invalidate the conclusion of the Wells Report, and I have no other recourse other than to keep the original penalties in place"

And then about 3 minutes after that Brady's team will announce that this is going to court

Goodell is digging in quick sand.

So now Goodell is not even looking out for his own best interest. He will get raped in court.

So now Goodell is not even looking out for his own best interest. He will get raped in court.

Lets not draw conclusions from some nobody who wrote his opinion about what he thinks is going on in Goodells mind.

We all know that this meeting is a complete farce and that Goodell won't back down.

No doubt this going to court.

I'm curious how this would work exactly.

Would this be like an out of court settlement where Brady would have to formally sign a release agreeing not to pursue the matter any further in exchange for a reduction in penalty?

For that matter, even in the unlikely case where Goodell vacates the suspension and agrees not to fine Brady, is that really full exoneration? The fact that the Patriots lost draft picks over this would still be a stain on Brady's reputation. Does Goodell vacate this as well?

I think this is inevitably going to court

Tom Brady doesn't lose very often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes