PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eric Wilbur:Despite Tom Brady’s perfect performance, don’t expect the NFL to back down on punishmen

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny how the reporters are changing their tune. Now it's a minor infraction that deserves a fine and wait for it... some actually think he might be innocent now! They still think he should accept his punishment and not take it to court.

They want him to accept his punishment so they can say look, he accepted the punishment, he really is a cheater, I was right. They want Goodell to uphold the suspensions, they want Brady to accept his punishment because if Brady is found innocent, they look like fools. If Brady is innocent and the science is debunked then the 1m dollar fine and loss of draft picks against the Patriots makes that punishment look severely harsh. They really don't want Brady to take it to Court because they are afraid of the outcome.

The appeal may be over for Brady but I bet Wells is in Goodell's office pleading his case that his report was accurate. There are so many anti-patriot and former Jets employees in the NFL office, I imagine they will all want their say on the outcome and it won't be lift the suspension.

Goodell is gloating. Nobody is talking about Rice, Peterson or Hardy. A good amount of owners are loving the attempt to finally weaken the Pats.

He cannot fully exonerate Brady at this point. He would rather lose in court and say I tried but that damn court system got in the way again

Unless Brady files a defamation case all the shananigans in the front office will not even be tried. The initial lawsuit will be more about unfair labor practices towards a player trying to earn a living. Yes the judge will totally discredit the Wells report and exonerate Brady. But the front office leaks and cell phone conversations will not even come into play unless Brady goes the third step which is a defamation suit which I think he will not proceed with, when he gets exonerated in federal court.

It sucks that Goodell and the NFL are not going to get exposed in the extreme manner we want. At this point I just want Brady to get exonerated to clear his name. The NFL is so corrupt

Good. I want Brady to take the NFL to court and rip them a new one.

I smell another unofficial NFL Opinion Poll.

Throw out the meeting notes. Gauge what the public says. Then determine if the suspension is upheld or the trumped-up charges need to be moved to "the gray area" of decision.

This is the Clinton Administration all over again. Domestic and foreign policy determined by Mrs and Mrs John Q Public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back