Welcome to PatsFans.com

...er....nevermind.... (Jets & Samuel)

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by patfanken, Jun 7, 2007.

1. patfanken

patfanken Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +1,423 / 23 / -11

#91 Jersey

So after 74 posts and 8 pages of speculation and opinion, I found this quote buried in a notes section of today's Globe. In other words, after all the talk, the Jets haven't floated any offers or indications that they are interested in Assante Samuel.

I'm afraid we were all duped...again.. by a media that tends to make it up as it goes along these days. When are these lazy reporters going to learn that they should be out looking for stories, rather than just being USED as PR guys for people with agendas.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2007
  2. zippo59

zippo59 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Re: ...er....nevermind....

This makes me think that the media is just trying to feed the "rivalry" between Belichick and Mangina.

3. patfanken

Ratings:
    +1,423 / 23 / -11

#91 Jersey

Its also kind of interesting that the Herald doesn't make any mention of the Shavers quote at all. Maybe Albert wasn't taking calls from him today. ;)

4. betterthanthealternative

betterthanthealternative In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +313 / 10 / -2

I smell Borges

5. zippo59

zippo59 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Even with Broges gone at the Globe he still haunts people around here.

There are plenty of other people who would have incentive to do this besides Borges, and who have direct contact to a media outlet.

6. patfanken

Ratings:
    +1,423 / 23 / -11

#91 Jersey

You have to remember that covering the Pats everyday is probably the toughest job for a reporter in the NFL. The NSA could learn a thing or two about keeping information OUT of the media from the Pats. I can sort of understand how the media would relish tweaking the Pats FO from time to time.

How would you like to cover BB's injury report Press Conference. All that juicy information that he gives.:rolleyes: And how many of us can quote a BB post game press conference word for word, win or lose, BEFORE he comes to the podium. :D "it is what it is" "I don't know. We'll have to wait to hear from the Doctors on that." "We don't look ahead. We're just playing it one game at a time" etc, etc. How would you like to be covering the human cliche, who teaches all his players how be human cliches.

BOTTOM LINE: I don't like it but I can understand it....a bit.

BTW- Speaking of Borges: Here is a good Borges quote I found on the BSM page.

"Belichick will not be so lucky. He doesn't have (Jimmy) Johnson's personality, which can be as jovial and charming as a snake oil salesman's. Worse, this Patriot team isn't going to win two Super Bowls any time soon... "- Ron Borges, Boston Globe, 11/22/01

Last edited: Jun 7, 2007
  7. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0

Did anyone think that was serious? I mean didn't they take that kid in the 1st?

At the most, if true, I thought this might "eff-you Bill" move by Mangina, but I never really thought they were actually interested in him. At least to the point to pony up the asking price for the trade alone (nevermind the goofy contract $$).

I'd actually be VERY curious to see what his offers and interest REALLY looks like out there.

8. WhiZa

WhiZa Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I'm not so sure the Jets could afford Samuel, and why sign him to a long term contract when they just drafted their CB of the future. Seems like shannagains again to me.

9. Warren94

Warren94 Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

absolutely well said. aren't they very close to the cap? They traded up for Revis and Harris. That will cost them more money. They are also supposedly trying to trade Eric Barton.

10. mikiemo83

mikiemo83 On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

the turn could be based on the previous charges made by the Pats during the Branch negotiations. Could the Jets have contacted the agent and told him to STFU about the possibility of trying to get him?

11. rhubma

rhubma On the Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

An (other?) example of unofficial tampering from the Jets? 'We have no interest... we have no idea where that rumor started.' Pump up the price in the press and (help) increase the distraction for the Pats.

Also - patfanken - you thoughts/observations are must reads. Thank you.

12. Pats726

Pats726 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

As I said in that thread.... "As for the Jets interested..they are interested in screwing with the Pats..THAT is their interest it's all bogus!!"
    I am NOT at all surprised...so if I can see through the BS...why can't these reporters???
    Again..just mangina and company trying to wage warfare and screw the Patriots..and these knuckleheads taking the bait and running with it...

13. dryheat44

dryheat44 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +78 / 2 / -0

#75 Jersey

I'm not sure tampering rules apply to a player not under contract, although I don't know.

14. Pats726

Pats726 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I do not think tampering can exist when one is NOT under contract...and even if he was, there has been and will be tampering..It goes one ALL the time...tampering..you mean "there tampering going on??" Gambling?? I can't believe it..

15. ClevTrev

ClevTrev Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I smell Felger, and let's hope lil' Albert does not have Felger as his mentor, as this is the last guy you'd want to model your career after. I believe it was Felger who "confirmed" the Moss to Green Bay rumors.

16. jczxohn1

jczxohn1 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

How many of these teams who are willing to offer Samuel Nate Clemens money are willing to part with 2 #1's? My guess =0. See ya in wk #10, Zant.

17. PatsSteve1

PatsSteve1 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I'm afraid we were all duped...again.. by a media that tends to make it up as it goes along these days. When are these lazy reporters going to learn that they should be out looking for stories, rather than just being USED as PR guys for people with agendas.[/QUOTE]

* One of the reasons I don't believe everything I read or hear.

18. spacecrime

spacecrime Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

They can negotiate and offer him a contract. That's legal.

They cann't say they would pay him $$$ but can't afford to give 2 first round picks and if he could get released or if the Pats would take less that 2 first then they would offer a contract.

Not saying they did this, only that it would be one way of tampering. All they are allowed to do is talk money with Samuel and either sign him to a contract or not.