PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

End of an era at Penn State.

Fair enough - Paterno may not have witnessed anything, but people involved in this did. That's not a suspicion, that's direct knowledge. In that case, yes, I think the law should punish people for failing to report something of this nature. On a suspicion? No. But if you witness something. Sure, yes, it should be your moral AND legal responsibility to report that.

I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree there. Just bear in mind, everyone reading this thread, that I can pretty well assume that you all have direct knowledge of at least one felony that's been committed that you did not report. Does that make you a bad person? I don't know, I figure that it depends largely on the crime in question. But it should never make you a criminal, and, thankfully, the law as written generally supports that.

My gosh. :(

How many crimes and other heinous acts have been committed or covered up to protect Penn State football?

Should the NCAA give the program the death penalty?

It appears to be heading that way

How many parents out there who child is a gifted and highly regarded football star in high school is going to send their kid to a College with this kind of crap going on?

Notre Dame,Temple,Rutgers,U of Pittsburgh ect: have just gotten stronger

Everyone knows that Paterno did the absolute barest minimum legally required. He's not a target for investigation (yet).
Bella

I bolded "yet" b/c he will NEVER get investigated. He is not worth the taxpayers' $$$. The only thing he did wrong w/ the MANY others was to NOT report it to the real police.

They won't investigate Joe PA he legally did nothing wrong.

Everyone knows that Paterno did the absolute barest minimum legally required. He's not a target for investigation (yet).
Bella

I bolded "yet" b/c he will NEVER get investigated. He is not worth the taxpayers' $$$. The only thing he did wrong w/ the MANY others was to NOT report it to the real police.

That's on the current facts. You don't know what else might come to light.

However, I do tend to agree with you that he will not be prosecuted.

I'm a huge Patriots fan, but also a PSU alum, staff member and season ticket holder. Two major scandals involving the two programs I love the most in 5 years. This is just depressing. Please pray first and foremost for the victims of these crimes. My mind keeps going back and forth between anger, disgust to betrayal. I want to believe that JoePa did the right thing, but I don't know if I can do so until all of the facts come out. And even then I think I will have a hard time doing so. Remeber that it was not to long ago that BB was vilified by the media for the whole SpyGate mess.

I think what the students did last night was stupid. They had every right to protest, but it should have never turned destructive. That paints all students and others in the PSU community in a negative light.

It's going to take a long time to heal from this, and I hope that PSU can at some point recover from this tragedy.

As a recent president would have said, "I feel your pain," but I'm afraid I can't draw moral equivalency between shooting videos from the wrong place on the sideline and the rape of a minor.

However, your comments are otherwise reasoned and I wish you well.

I live about 2 hours East of Penn St. and of course here in my area are tons of Lions fans who must be shocked today.

I can assure you that Joe was like god to the major central portion of the State of PA and no matter what he did here,to any he was innocent.

We all know that is complete garbage and he knew what happened and did nothing about it....he is secretly a wicked old man whose longevity and love he received in State College is trying to cover up a scandal he was exposed in.

Shame on a man who might have gone down in Pennsylvania history as an icon and one of the biggest heroes in PA sports.....now what we are left with is a very old man who played a part of a coverup in a disgusting vile act.

For a man who put Penn State on the map is now a man who could have avoided this in 2002 and now has put his very team on an embarrassing journey that make take a very long time to move on and practically has destroyed Penn State football,I don't know how the players can play anytime soon without major distraction and trying to get the team to a bowl game.

Well stated. I think the university will be recovering from this for years in terms of its reputation. I hope someone can talk sense to the students who are embarrassing themselves and their school before Saturday's game turns into a "Bring Back Joe" rally.

Well stated. I think the university will be recovering from this for years in terms of its reputation. I hope someone can talk sense to the students who are embarrassing themselves and their school before Saturday's game turns into a "Bring Back Joe" rally.

many sports teams are not going to their next contest b/c of a Boycott.

If I was a bettor... I would BET PSU and give 3.5 pts

It is SENIOR day and it is a WIN IT for Joe PA game.

easy $$$:cool:

I'm not interested in legal obligations or political witch hunts, I'm interested in what's right and what's wrong.

IMO, everyone involved in this situation, no matter how significant or insignificant with knowledge of the abuse and did not act to protect these young boys and their families from Jerry Sandusky should be made accountable.

Penn State University has demonstrated a moral breakdown of societal values failing to protect our most important asset - our children. They can burn in hell as far as I'm concerned and I pray for the day that Jerry Sandusky gets his comeuppance.

Last edited:
It is just mind-boggling that Sandusky's autobiography is titled "Touched: the Jerry Sandusky story". I mean, seriously.

My gosh. :(

How many crimes and other heinous acts have been committed or covered up to protect Penn State football?

Should the NCAA give the program the death penalty?

Few things can happen but remember, the BIG 1G (Big 10) commissioner is a buffoon and an idiot.
1) Big 10 can suspend PSU football operations (even suspend all sporting activities). Could cancel the rest of their 2011 football season.
2) Big 10 can kick PSU out of the Big 10.
3) NCAA can do option 1.
4) NCAA might hit the PSU program with LOIC (lack of institutional control-highest charge-USC got charged with it) or failure to control. Those actions might take place after the whole mess is sorted.
5) DOE (Dep of Education) is now actively investigating PSU. They can stop all federal funding to PSU.

As for the death penalty , the answer is no. NCAA has said that they will never use it again. Plus PSU has never had a major NCAA charge.

Bella

And three days ago if you had predicted that Joe Pa would be fired, you'd have been laughed at...This is happening very quickly and I wouldn't be shocked if McQueary gets the boot soon. The interim coach will have to answer questions about what he knew and when he knew it....
This is a good old fashioned housecleaning and anyone with any connection to this scandal is gone......The Board of Trustees made hat clear.
The real issue is not the 2002 incident but the 1998 investigation and whether any back room quid pro quos were done to get Sandusky to retire in exchange for keeping the incidents quiet. If that was the case, then Paterno had prior knowledge of his predilections and the 2002 shower incident should have been reported to the police immediately as soon as McQueary told him something happened of "a sexual nature".

It is just mind-boggling that Sandusky's autobiography is titled "Touched: the Jerry Sandusky story". I mean, seriously.

touched-by-an-angel-season-1-disc-2-r1-front-cover-57099.jpg

Could someone PLZ Photoshop this PIC for me;)

w/ that SOB

surely someone is witty enough to make this into a good photo-shop:)
I am clever enough to think of this series :)

so many options to go with

Last edited:
i think the truth will come out who the real jo paterno was and how he was so much controlling penn state... yesterday when he wanted to control his so called retirement... he says " in hindsight i wish i could do more"... translation for that ... i wish i didnt get caught....it is such a hot button topic, and to see 20 year old boob worshiping a guy who is responsible for the biggest cover up in sports history...

It is incredible Paterno and the others involved could have kept quiet after discovering Sandusky was child rapist. A child rapist! The worst aspect is their lack of action allowed Sandusky to continue his predation on young boys. Incredible. And Joe Paterno didn't have enough shame to resign?

i think the truth will come out who the real jo paterno was and how he was so much controlling penn state... yesterday when he wanted to control his so called retirement... he says " in hindsight i wish i could do more"... translation for that ... i wish i didnt get caught....it is such a hot button topic, and to see 20 year old boob worshiping a guy who is responsible for the biggest cover up in sports history...

There's a lot of "assuming" going on around this case, and that bothers me. One assumption is that Paterno KNEW SPECIFICALLY what Sandusky had done and simply turned his back or passed the buck. I believe there's a good chance that he didn't fully comprehend the gravity of what was going on and felt he did what was necessary by alerting higher-ups. He's an old man and probably did what he felt was right by following the same rules and protocols he'd known for decades. If he's guilty of anything, that's likely it.

Last edited:
It is incredible Paterno and the others involved could have kept quiet after discovering Sandusky was child rapist. A child rapist! The worst aspect is their lack of action allowed Sandusky to continue his predation on young boys. Incredible. And Joe Paterno didn't have enough shame to resign?

Interesting comment from a poster named "Brady'sButtBoy."

What is stunning is that Queary, his father, the AD, JoePa, the President and anyone else who heard of this didn't simply dial 911 or a mandated reporter like a doctor, the ER, a social worker, anybody. A simple phone call.

There's a lot of "assuming" going on around this case, and that bothers me. One assumption is that Paterno KNEW SPECIFICALLY what Sandusky had done and simply turned his back or passed the buck. I believe there's a good chance that he didn't fully comprehend the gravity of what was going on and felt he did what was necessary by alerting higher-ups. He's an old man and probably did what he felt was right by following the same rules and protocols he'd known for decades. If he's guilty of anything, that's likely it.
If a grown man is reported as being in the showers with a young boy after Sandusky had already demonstrated a history of predatory acts, it doesn't take Albert Einsten to connect the dots.

I'm not going to assume innocence or guilt on Paterno's behalf but a reasonable conclusion doesn't look inviting at this point in time.

Last edited:
Re: OT: Due to multiple threats Penn State's Mike McQueary will not attend next game

Word on the street is that this guy had tickets to the game.

im-gonna-get-medieval-on-your-ass.png

Paterno reportedly consulted a high profile defense attorney. CYA in full effect now.

Last edited:

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back