PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

End of an era at Penn State.

McQueary and Sandusky both coached together at Penn State Boys Football Camp in the summer as recently as 2006. In the course of that employment, they most certainly came into contact with children.

It just gets worse and worse.

This is without a doubt the most disgusting viewpoint ever expressed on this board.
To truly understand this, since this poster has a history of citing literal definitions of words, I went ot dictionary.com to make sure I understand what he is trying to say.
Here is the appropriate definition

without foundation in fact; imaginary; fictitious: The explanation was entirely mythical.

The other refer back to the definition of myth, which is:

any invented story, idea, or concept: His account of the event is pure myth.
4. an imaginary or fictitious thing or person.

5. an unproved or false collective belief that is used to justify a social institution.

So the poster is saying above that the moral duty to STOP DEFENSELESS CHILDREN FROM BEING MOLESTED AND RAPED BY A PREDATORY MONSTER is an invented concept and MORALLY THERE IS NO RESPONSIBILITY TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT.

That moral compass is pointed straight at the Jeffrey Dahmer pole.

Deus Irae, are you seriously telling me that in your set of morals if a man is anally raping a defenseless child your moral standards say it is a fallacy that you have a responsibility to do something to stop it?
Are you seriously defending the moral right of a grown man to rape a young defenseless boy?
This post literally made me vomit.
This was bumped back a page, and in my opinion requires a response, so i am bumping forward.

Lives next to a grammar school....coaches kids football teams....holds sleepovers...I mean, yeah, Cub Scout leader,on and on and on...that is what these scumbags DO!!! This is a VERY WELL KNOWN profile and has been for the past two decades.

Here's what we all need to ask ourselves ...how in the name of ************ does this predator get a 100K UNSECURED bail??????

WHAT?????

This cretin, these crimes, this nuclear impact...uh..please...this is at LEAST a million dollar bail WITH SURETY. This piece of excrement should not now nor ever in the near future be allowed to walk free with out a secured bail, ankle monitoring and unannounced checks by the bail division to insure he's not a danger to any more kids. No internet access.No residing within 500 feet of a school...all the controls and checks that the law has to stop these freakin' monsters from preying on kids.

This is totally ludicrous that this POS is a free man right now. There HAS to be more to this....what the hell could that judge be possibly considering...UNSECURED BAIL??????That's just a signature and off you go Donnie Diddleheimer...ridiculous...corrupt...I'm running out of adjectives to describe this mockery.
I swear i posted that maybe the Judge was an alum, it gets better.......

Judge who gave Jerry Sandusky bail after Penn State sex abuse scandal is Second Mile volunteer - NY Daily News

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. - The judge who ruled former Penn State defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky be freed on $100,000 unsecured bail after being charged with 40 counts of sexual abuse against children is a volunteer for The Second Mile, the charity Sandusky founded.

Joe Pa could have saved so many young boys from having to go through what they did just by asking the police to take a look and he chose to ignore them. Now they're scarred for life and he's going to have to live with that on his consciousness for the rest of his life. It was in his power to help them and he turned a blind eye. If Joe Pa is even a half decent human being, whether he did anything legally wrong or not, I think that'll be punishment enough.

The latest I heard was that the judge who let Jerry out on bail used to do work for his "charity." The prossecuter wanted 500,000 bail and the judge gave him 100,000.

I agree with you 100%.

Unfortunately, at Penn State, the "police" are campus security. telling them that someone as associated with the football program did something terrible doesn't count for much. They are used to worshiping football coaches and the football program.

Paterno knew that something terrible had happened. He should have checked up later, and reported the incident to the real police, if nothing was being done.

Allowing Sandusky continue access to Penn State facilities should be criminal, in addition to being immoral. Allowing Sandusky to participate in Penn state boys camp in 2006 should also be criminal, in addition to being immoral.

Most sad for me is that the example of the Catholic Church mistakes were well know to one and all. Repeating many of the errors is unthinkable.

Joe Pa could have saved so many young boys from having to go through what they did just by asking the police to take a look and he chose to ignore them. Now they're scarred for life and he's going to have to live with that on his consciousness for the rest of his life. It was in his power to help them and he turned a blind eye. If Joe Pa is even a half decent human being, whether he did anything legally wrong or not, I think that'll be punishment enough.

Joe Pa is a disgrace.

A disgrace for what exactly, can you provide me with a link to what he did that makes him a disgrace?

I'm trying to look at this in real time and not in hindsight. I'm thinking a coach who is and was always totally into the game. I'm thinking of somebody who was in a position where he was probably friends with the Sundursky family and not just the accused(has he been found guilty of anything yet?).

This is a very tough situation for somebody to be in. He passed it on to his superiors who failed to act as far as I'm aware. They were wrong not to do it but how is he wrong for reporting it to his superiors?

I'm think that Joe Pa realised he may be in a position where he would need to provide friendly support to the family of a friend(the accused) and he would not be in a position to do that if he went to the police himself.

In my job I've worked with a lot of people, both the filthy animals who do this sort of thing, the victims of these crimes and the families of both victims and the accused/convicts. I can truly understand why somebody would not want to go to the police themselves in a situation like this. I know for a fact that many people walk away from situations like this, its just too much for them to handle and they don't want to be involved in any way.

Last edited:
ALTERNATIVE ONE
Paterno kept a liar on his squad. McQueary pesonally (with his father) told Paterno exactly what Sandusky did. Either Paterno believed him a liar or not. pershaps, he believed McQueary a liar and simlply reported the accusation to his superior. Certainly Paterno understood that nothing would happen (and he didn't bother to check). There was no need.

ALTERNATIVE TWO
Paterno didn't care about such things. Only the team mattered.

ALTERNATIVE THREE
Paterno protected a family friend.
===============

BOTTOM LINE
Paterno received many awards on behalf of the team because of how great an organization he ran, and how clean a program he ran. What a farce!

And just BTW, no one anywhere near Penn State was truly Paterno's "superior".

Paterno is an immoral man who allowed the rape of many young children, and allowed the accused rapist to continue to have access to Penn State facilities.

A disgrace for what exactly, can you provide me with a link to what he did that makes him a disgrace?

I'm trying to look at this in real time and not in hindsight. I'm thinking a coach who is and was always totally into the game. I'm thinking of somebody who was in a position where he was probably friends with the Sundursky family and not just the accused(has he been found guilty of anything yet?).

This is a very tough situation for somebody to be in. He passed it on to his superiors who failed to act as far as I'm aware. They were wrong not to do it but how is he wrong for reporting it to his superiors?

I'm think that Joe Pa realised he may be in a position where he would need to provide friendly support to the family of a friend(the accused) and he would not be in a position to do that if he went to the police himself.

In my job I've worked with a lot of people, both the filthy animals who do this sort of thing, the victims of these crimes and the families of both victims and the accused/convicts. I can truly understand why somebody would not want to go to the police themselves in a situation like this. I know for a fact that many people walk away from situations like this, its just too much for them to handle and they don't want to be involved in any way.

I take it that you didn't read the 23 page grand jury report or you might have have a little sympathy for the children whose abuse could have been avoided. There was the 1998 investigation after which Sandusky suddenly retires at a young age and never coaches again, anywhere. Even if a blind eye was turned then, the 2002 shower incident should have set off alarm bells to call the authorities in anyone with a shred of decency. To wilfuly ignore it or to make a cursory report and not follow up shows a lack of caring for a young child whose was criminally violated.
If a friend of mine did that, they wouldn't be a friend for long. As for a coach who'se totally into the game, it;s a coach who is in total control and knew what was going on all over campus.

The guy who worked for him for 35 years and had already been accused once was caught raping a young boy, and you think it is a tough position to be in to not do everything you can to prevent the NUMEROUS cases of molestation that followed?
You do know that Sandusky brought little boys along on trips to bowl games. Are you telling me the HC wasn't aware of who travelled with the DC?

What? Friendly support for a child rapist? If what you typed is what was going on in Paternos head, he should be indicted tomorrow.

Cowardice is not something to applaud or set as the standard for others.
Stopping little children from being raped is not morally optional.

Figure it out. My God man.

Do you think of yourself as someone who would look the other way instead of do the right thing? If so is that why you are defending Joe Pa? If your answers are yes then you are part of the problem.

Now it looks like there could be 10 more kids coming forward.

Last edited:
The guy who worked for him for 35 years and had already been accused once was caught raping a young boy, and you think it is a tough position to be in to not do everything you can to prevent the NUMEROUS cases of molestation that followed?
You do know that Sandusky brought little boys along on trips to bowl games. Are you telling me the HC wasn't aware of who travelled with the DC?
Are you telling me that JoePa knew for certain that he had a paedo on his staff? Are you certain of that? One accusation doesn't make something true you know. Its very possible that he was convinced by people around him(including Sundusky) that there was no wrongdoing by him in 1998. When something occurred in 2002 he reported it to his superiors.

And people coming out saying that nothing happened in Penn State without it going through JoePa are just telling us of an old wise tale. It may actually be a myth that came about over time because he was there so long but maybe it is true. His superiors sacked him recently, if he was indeed in a position that everything went through him then how did he get fired?

What? Friendly support for a child rapist? If what you typed is what was going on in Paternos head, he should be indicted tomorrow.
I said to the family of the accused not the accused. You do realise that other people besides the actual victim suffer in circumstances like this?

Cowardice is not something to applaud or set as the standard for others.
Stopping little children from being raped is not morally optional.

Who said we should applaud it? I said I understand why somebody would not want to be at the forefront of something like this. Especially in a situation where you are friends of a family and not just the accused. I said I'm aware that people go into a shell when things like this happen because they can't handle it, they just shut down and get as far away as possible. I never said anybody should be applauded for it.

You come out shouting from your morally high stool in hindsight. Try thinking about this in real time. Do you have a brother or a close friend whose whole family you are close to? Put yourself in the situation and see if you are going to the police or if you are trying to get somebody else to do that.

Last edited:
Figure it out. My God man.

Do you think of yourself as someone who would look the other way instead of do the right thing? If so is that why you are defending Joe Pa? If your answers are yes then you are part of the problem.

Now it looks like there could be 10 more kids coming forward.

I'm not defending anybody here, I'm simply giving my thoughts based on my experience of dealing with people in situations like this.

I'm not defending anybody here, I'm simply giving my thoughts based on my experience of dealing with people in situations like this.

Fair point. However I would say that just because it happens does not mean it is acceptable. Do you agree?

Also, if what Jerry said in the interview was true about Joe Pa never talking to him about this situation, would you then call him a disgrace?

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back