PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eli and Peyton: One headed for 0-16 and the other 16-0

thenepatsrule

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
No matter how this season pans out for the Giants anyone (except the Giants Homer Stephen A Smith) calling Eli an Eltie QB should think twice before doing so. He= Dilfer=Flacco = QBs whsoe defenses wont SBs for them and not the other way around. The Giants have no passrush this year-just 4 sacks into 6 games .

TomCoughlin_original.gif

Eli is playing more like his father than his elder brother.

Can you imagine what Archie must be feeling right now? One the one hand his elder son is having one of the best QB seasons ever and on the other his younger son is having one of the worst seasons ever.

I for one am loving what is happening with the Giants and Eli. His performace for the past few years should be a slap to the people who even dared to put him in the same class as Brady and Peyton. One thing which the NFL has shown us in the past 15 years is that QBs come and go but Brady and Peyton are and will always remain at the top of the class.

I, too, am loving the Giants demise. The scary thing, however, is that the other teams in the NFC East are playing just as bad. Therefore, they are STILL within striking distance and could sneak into the postseason again where they can make amends for a mediocre regular season.

I, too, am loving the Giants demise. The scary thing, however, is that the other teams in the NFC East are playing just as bad. Therefore, they are STILL within striking distance and could sneak into the postseason again where they can make amends for a mediocre regular season.

I dont think the Giants will fare better than the Cowboys and Eagles.

No matter how this season pans out for the Giants anyone (except the Giants Homer Stephen A Smith) calling Eli an Eltie QB should think twice before doing so. He= Dilfer=Flacco = QBs whsoe defenses wont SBs for them and not the other way around. The Giants have no passrush this year-just 4 sacks into 6 games .

TomCoughlin_original.gif

Eli is playing more like his father than his elder brother.

Can you imagine what Archie must be feeling right now? One the one hand his elder son is having one of the best QB seasons ever and on the other his younger son is having one of the worst seasons ever.

I for one am loving what is happening with the Giants and Eli. His performace for the past few years should be a slap to the people who even dared to put him in the same class as Brady and Peyton. One thing which the NFL has shown us in the past 15 years is that QBs come and go but Brady and Peyton are and will always remain at the top of the class.

Is Brady still at the top of the class??

No, not at the moment. Right now he's likely middle of the pack but give the rookies time and get Gronk/Amendola/Vereen back and he should be back up there.

Flacco is no Trent Dilfer. He sucks most of the season but last year's playoff run was insane. He definitely deserves credit for that.

Right now, I'm putting my money on neither of those things happening. Though I too am enjoying the Giants struggles :D

Eli was never elite, but to put him (or Flacco) in the Dilfer category is just wrong. He has looked like a complete disaster this year, however.

I'd say more like 13-3 and 3-13

Of course he is.

Absolutely.

Eli has average receivers, but has thrown 15 INTs and is 0-6.

Brady has an arsenal of mid-level rookies and an injured reserve corps mix and is 4-1 with 2 wins in the division already.

One of those things sounds like what an elite QB does...

Absolutely.

Brady has an arsenal of mid-level rookies and an injured reserve corps mix and is 4-1 with 2 wins in the division already.

The problem is that the general discourse on NFL football is carried on by people who like to see pretty plays, read stat sheets, and have someone tell them what to think, rather than by people who know and understand what they are looking at.
Peyton Manning drops back, looks to his 1st or 2nd read, and they are wide open with noone within 3 yards. He completes the pass, people consider him amazing. Brady gets heavily rushed, has no open receivers and finds a way to get a catchable pass to one that is closest to open, and a quareter of them are not caught but should be, and that means he sucks.

Eli's receivers are much better than average. His 4th option (Randle or Myers) is a superior player at this point to any Patriots receiver not named Amendola or Gronkowski, both of whom have missed some or all of the season thus far. That is, Randle or Myers would have been the #1 receiver for the Patriots in weeks 2 through 4, and #2 in weeks 1 and 5. Cruz would be the #1 receiver on the team regardless, and Nicks would probably the #2/3.

Eli is actually a pretty good barometer for Brady's level of play this year. While Brady hasn't been great, he's been pretty good while saddled with young and raw or good but injured receivers and a mediocre run game with the team's two best running backs hurt. Eli has much a much better surrounding cast though a similarly mediocre run game, and he's been a dumpster fire.

Absolutely.

Couldnt have said it any better :rocker:

I don't think either of them will get to that number. If Eli does, I won't be too upset, LOL...

Peyton Manning drops back, looks to his 1st or 2nd read, and they are wide open with noone within 3 yards. He completes the pass, people consider him amazing. Brady gets heavily rushed, has no open receivers and finds a way to get a catchable pass to one that is closest to open, and a quareter of them are not caught but should be, and that means he sucks.

The amount of space enjoyed by PM's receivers has been eye poppingly amazing all year, all the while only suffering the indignity of 1 sack per game. In another post a surmised that Archie had done a deal with the devil offering Eli as the statistical scapegoat in exchange for Peyton's perfection. I am not sure how it is done but to be that consistently open without demanding the QB to throw beyond 20 yards is mind boggling.

What is amusing is that no-one is really that amazed at Eli's drop in performance, after all he has always managed to throw a number of bone headed throws in consecutive games. In the past he has somehow redeemed himself by flicking the switch and throwing miraculously accurate and timely strikes in an equal number of consecutive games (unfortunately for us in two memorable post season runs). But this season the switch has been pawned to the devil.

He still ranks as an elite QB. Many posts on this forum make Brady sound like the pats' biggest problem.

I don't think that he is the biggest problem. His stats are down but he is still helping the team win games; they only have one loss.

Does anyone actually think Peyton would have 20 td passes if he played on the pats? Also, does anyone actually think Brady would be completing passes at a sub 60% on the broncos?

Brady still ranks in the upper echelon, and I am glad to root for a team with him at the helm on Sundays.

"What is amusing is that no-one is really that amazed at Eli's drop in performance..."

Pretty much says it all, Eli was never elite. Sadly as mentioned earlier, the pathetic state of the division could mean another "World Champion" season for the New York Frauds.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
Back