PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edgerrin James would be the perfect signing for the Patriots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fisticuffs

Rookie
Reaction score
This article was in another recent post, this author thinks the Edge would be a perfect signing for the Pats. I would love to have him on my team anyday. Can run, catch, however, he must come in at the right price. And is it worth it to sign another running getting closer to his 30's. Personally, I wouldn't be suprised if the Pats out of nowhere signed him. Does the Corey Dillon trade before the '04 draft ring a bell. With that said, I see the Edge either signing with the Dolphins or Jaguars. He loves Florida. Also, I see the Pats going into the draft and try to find and groom a running back for the future. Any thoughts?

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/story/388890p-329967c.html

I wanna give Corey a second chance. I dont wanna believe he lost it one season. First year with Pats was great for him.

Kdo5 said:
I wanna give Corey a second chance. I dont wanna believe he lost it one season. First year with Pats was great for him.

I agree and look for a back in the draft. What we need to realiize is we lost major wheels in our Offensive line this year Light,Koppen,Andruzzi and the rookies did a fine job so lets get a good line in front of Corey and I can see
him doing his thing again. Unless management has plans on getting an Adrian Peterson (I wish) a younger back needs to come through the draft this year at least thats what I think.

I don't think the coaches considered Andruzzi a signigicant loss or they'd have offered him more to re-sign . . . but, yeah, having a rookie at LG, a mediocre RT and then losing Light and Koppen was a little much. Getting those two back plus having Mankins and Kaczur hopefully a year better should make a big difference. Although I'm more concerned about it from a pass protection standpoint. We have a Hall of Fame QB, we need to keep him healthy with parts functioning as well as possible.

I don't think there's any way we give him what he wants.

iam not sure edge is a bad weather running back. he needs the colts stretch play offensive system as much as they need him IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick