PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edelman juke to the ground on the line precedent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken Canin

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Last edited:
I missed the first half yesterday due to travel, glad you pointed that out. It was sick. Edelman's footwork had Claiborne, who is a decent CB, totally bedazzled. Thanks!

And people are calling that a pick play. How is it a pick when they just fell down?

Last edited:
Does anyone know of another play like the Edelman juke play?

A player where a receiver jukes a cornerback (a) right off the line of scrimmage (b) without contact (c) so badly that the cornerback falls down, http://www.boston.com/sports/footba...ller-skates/7boXW2oqS8Jfhebl9LQk4M/story.html ?

(C.f my question whether Edelman's fake slant spin move in the Super Bowl, http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...threads/edelman-fake-slant-spin-move.1117500/ , had ever been done so well)

Nice video, but
How do you stop those vine videos from auto looping over and over?

The play before that, Claiborne got an illegal hands to the face penalty when he whacked Edelman in the head right when the ball was snapped. I guess Julian needed to remind him which player is a seventh round star and which is a first round bust.

I missed the first half yesterday due to travel, glad you pointed that out. It was sick. Edelman's footwork had Claiborne, who is a decent CB, totally bedazzled. Thanks!

Reminds me of him in the Super Bowl: "They can't handle my quickness!"

Poor balance and technique for sure but alot of that is caused by Edelman in your head and his quicks.

What impressed me on this play was how quick TB12 saw it and delivered he ball. JE was barely uncovered and the ball was THERE. I assume Edelman was the first read but still.

Nice video, but
You don't. It's the point of a Vine. You just leave the page if you want it to stop. :)

Nice video, but

Just left mouse click on the video and it will stop.

This team has some quick juking masters on it.

Lewis
Edelman
Amendola

Does anyone know of another play like the Edelman juke play?

A player where a receiver jukes a cornerback (a) right off the line of scrimmage (b) without contact (c) so badly that the cornerback falls down, http://www.boston.com/sports/footba...ller-skates/7boXW2oqS8Jfhebl9LQk4M/story.html ?

(C.f my question whether Edelman's fake slant spin move in the Super Bowl, http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...threads/edelman-fake-slant-spin-move.1117500/ , had ever been done so well)
He's CHEATING!!!

Is the quickness of Edelman and Lewis as good as a receiver who can take the "top off of a defense" or "stretch the field"??;)...

The TD's in the Dallas game by Lewis and Edelman were one of the best exhibitions of NFL quickness that have ever witnessed.. they were "ankle breaking" quickness.

It's happened before numerous times. Just as the arrow/pivot route from the super bowl. Edelman is very good and very quick, which makes him hard to defend on those quick routes. But he isn't really doing anything that haven't been done before.

The CB falls down because he played with bad balance and footwork. So when he had to quickly adjust to the slant. he lost his feet and fell down. Which is extra embarassing, because Edelman running a slant shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3