PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Edelman getting a lot of recognition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fencer

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
This is from Schefter, but I've seen other national guys saying similar things recently.

Schefter: How the NFL coaching searches played out

Patriots quarterback Tom Brady might just be the greatest quarterback and NFL player ever. But there also might not be a Patriot any more valuable than wide receiver Julian Edelman.

There isn't actually anything insightful or new about his reasoning. But let's put it this way -- the argument "Wes Welker made a bunch of Pro Bowls and Edelman hasn't even really sniffed one" may not hold up much longer.

Who else remembers when posters were always calling for Edelman to be cut every offseason?

the early argument was that he was"made of glass". He always made plays, when healthy, just had some bad luck early on in his career with injuries.

Edelman should have made the probowl. Best slot WR in the NFL and slot WR should be voted on as its own position as should nickle CB.

No one ever said that.
I did not say those specifically, but when he was flirting with the Giants, it was met with a shoulder shrug from me punctuated with, "He is always injured anyway".

No one ever said that.
image.png

No one ever said that.

You had to remember especially when they signed Amendola and he was supposed to be the next welker and seemed like Edelman was gonna get the short end of the stick

Who else remembers when posters were always calling for Edelman to be cut every offseason?
I remember touting him as the future focal point of our offense after his 4 catch 3rd season in 2011. I think virtually everyone saw this coming. :rolleyes:

I remember touting him as the future focal point of our offense after his 4 catch 3rd season in 2011. I think virtually everyone saw this coming. :rolleyes:
He always had potential and he was always a force as a punt returner., but I don't think everyone saw him becoming this beastly.

He always had potential and he was always a force as a punt returner., but I don't think everyone saw him becoming this beastly.
He had that really solid rookie year with 37 catches but in next years draft our whole offense changed with Gronk and the gangstah and the Woodhead steal. I don't remember posting it specifically but I'm sure his name made my cut list to clear cap space to keep this guy or that guy on more than one occasion.

So honestly I'm sure I was guilty at one time or another as to your original assertion.

That's probably why I'm a poster on a fan message board and not working in the Patriots personel dept. :)

Reactions: glm
He had that really solid rookie year with 37 catches but in next years draft our whole offense changed with Gronk and the gangstah and the Woodhead steal. I don't remember posting it specifically but I'm sure his name made my cut list to clear cap space to keep this guy or that guy on more than one occasion.

So honestly I'm sure I was guilty at one time or another as to your original assertion.

That's probably why I'm a poster on a fan message board and not working in the Patriots personel dept. :)

In the 2009 playoffs, Edelperson was at times the second-best pass catcher on the field.

By the middle of 2010, he was lucky to be the foueth-best option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents