PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ebay Lombardi Tropheys???

Status
Not open for further replies.

signbabybrady

Pro Bowl Player
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
So a friend at work was joking with me that I should have a Lombardi Trophey at home and sends me all these EBAY items that are Tropheys for sale and he has it in his head that players get smaller versions which I know isnt true but where do these other versions come from?

Some are signed. Are these things scams.

Brett Favre signed engraved Super Bowl Lombardi trophy | eBay

A couple years ago, an acquaintance went to Ken Wisenhunt's home in AZ and held a miniature Lombardi trophy from their victory over the Seahawks. Take it for what its worth.

I think we can be confident that it's an authentic Vance Lombardi Trophy.

Interesting. The seller wanted $4.5k but was gracious enough to offer FREE shipping via priority mail. Amazingly, no bids after re-listing. :singing::rolleyes:

The problem with any autographed mechandise is that it can be faked. I have decorated my Man Cave with a bunch of autographed Patriots stuff and I am sure I am betting I got scammed on a couple of thing. Since I am not looking at the stuff as an investment and more of a decorative thing, I am not upset. But looking into it, even the authenticating services get a lot of stuff wrong.

Doing research, the only way to make sure you are getting the real thing is to go to reputable companies who typically get the signitures themselves. Most of the stuff on the Internet is forged. Especially on eBay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft