Welcome to PatsFans.com

Ebay Lombardi Tropheys???

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by signbabybrady, Apr 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. signbabybrady

signbabybrady On the Roster

Ratings:
    +169 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

So a friend at work was joking with me that I should have a Lombardi Trophey at home and sends me all these EBAY items that are Tropheys for sale and he has it in his head that players get smaller versions which I know isnt true but where do these other versions come from?

Some are signed. Are these things scams.

Brett Favre signed engraved Super Bowl Lombardi trophy | eBay
  2. TealSox

TealSox Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

A couple years ago, an acquaintance went to Ken Wisenhunt's home in AZ and held a miniature Lombardi trophy from their victory over the Seahawks. Take it for what its worth.
  3. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +60 / 2 / -0

I think we can be confident that it's an authentic Vance Lombardi Trophy.
  4. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +793 / 5 / -14

#61 Jersey

Interesting. The seller wanted $4.5k but was gracious enough to offer FREE shipping via priority mail. Amazingly, no bids after re-listing. :singing::rolleyes:
  5. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +891 / 5 / -4

The problem with any autographed mechandise is that it can be faked. I have decorated my Man Cave with a bunch of autographed Patriots stuff and I am sure I am betting I got scammed on a couple of thing. Since I am not looking at the stuff as an investment and more of a decorative thing, I am not upset. But looking into it, even the authenticating services get a lot of stuff wrong.

Doing research, the only way to make sure you are getting the real thing is to go to reputable companies who typically get the signitures themselves. Most of the stuff on the Internet is forged. Especially on eBay.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.