PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2024 NFL Draft Thread (Continued..)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess over his 5yrs? Because he doesn't even have the most productive season in LSU history. Burrow had over 1000 more combined yards, and 15 more TDs. I would guess that if more QBs stayed in college 5yrs someone would be more productive.

That’s a fair point, but he was also the most productive player in college football last season.

That's great and all, but just so you know, Mac Jones had a 203.1 rating. And he had a higher completion percentage and more yards. Whee,.

Mac Jones did it on a front running team, Daniels was playing with a bad defense and bringing them back when their defense was failing. But I’m glad you like Mac so much. I guess that means you want him to start next season. Most of us have seen enough, and want him gone, your loyalty to him is very sweet.

Mac Jones did it on a front running team, Daniels was playing with a bad defense and bringing them back when their defense was failing. But I’m glad you like Mac so much. I guess that means you want him to start next season. Most of us have seen enough, and want him gone, your loyalty to him is very sweet.
I don't like Mac. And I think Daniels is only a slightly upscale Jones. If he plays the way he did this year in the NFL he'll be a turnover machine.

Round 1: Drake Maye, QB - UNC (#GDTBATH), Round 2: Tyler Guyton, OT - Alabama (probably the fourth best OT on the board), Round 3: Bralen Trice - DT/LB LSU - perfect guy for Mayo 6'4" great edge rusher in college, solid against the run., Round 4: Johnny Wilson, WR/TE - FSU, 6-7 WR with a nasty streak, good downfield blocker, Round 5: Jackson Powers Johnson C/G, - Oregon, 6-3, 320 lbs, G/C who switched from DL to OL, Round 6: Kendall Milton, RB - Georgia, a big back (6-1, 220) who can block for the rookie QB. Round 7: Ventrell Miller, SS/LB Florida - a 6'0 230lb thumper who would be a nice fit in this defense. 5 offense/2 defense.

QB, WR, 2 OL, and one RB. The reinforcements are on their way, boys!
JPJ won’t sniff the 5th round; he may not even reach the middle of the 2nd round. Love him.

Round 1: Drake Maye, QB - UNC (#GDTBATH), Round 2: Tyler Guyton, OT - Alabama (probably the fourth best OT on the board), Round 3: Bralen Trice - DT/LB LSU - perfect guy for Mayo 6'4" great edge rusher in college, solid against the run., Round 4: Johnny Wilson, WR/TE - FSU, 6-7 WR with a nasty streak, good downfield blocker, Round 5: Jackson Powers Johnson C/G, - Oregon, 6-3, 320 lbs, G/C who switched from DL to OL, Round 6: Kendall Milton, RB - Georgia, a big back (6-1, 220) who can block for the rookie QB. Round 7: Ventrell Miller, SS/LB Florida - a 6'0 230lb thumper who would be a nice fit in this defense. 5 offense/2 defense.

JPJ won’t sniff the 5th round; he may not even reach the middle/end of the 2nd round. Love him.

People who want Daniels are crazy. He's a one year wonder who had Nabers and pretty good Oline. Give me a guy making it work with nothing on WRs or Oline (Maye).

People who want Daniels are crazy. He's a one year wonder who had Nabers and pretty good Oline. Give me a guy making it work with nothing on WRs or Oline (Maye).
You just described Joe Burrow, except Burrow had even better O Line and receivers and running back.
He had the Joe Moore awarded best O Line in NCAA, Jamar Chase, Justin Jefferson and Edwards-Helaire averaging 6.6 yds per carry.

Daniels started as a true freshman, 60% complete, 17 TD and 2 Int.
Covid year followed.
2021 ASU was not a good team, they went 8-5 and then Daniels left and they went 3-9 the next year, still completed 65.4% of passes.
2022 with LSU he had 17 TD passes, 11 TD rushing and 3 Int, 68.6% of passes complete.
-He played 4 top 10 ranked teams: 70.5% Complete, 10TD (Pass/run) 2 Int.

He had one off year with a bad team and then 3 good years.

He followed that up by working hard, improving in many areas and having a Heisman level year.
I love Maye, my top choice, but Daniels is far from a 1 year wonder.

I don't like Mac. And I think Daniels is only a slightly upscale Jones. If he plays the way he did this year in the NFL he'll be a turnover machine.

You sure sound like you love Mac, you were just citing his good college numbers. Hopefully the Patriots will Draft Daniels so we can find out if he’s as bad as you say. That’s really the only way we can find out, as you certainly haven’t given anything to support your conclusions about him. “ I just don’t like him” isn’t an argument of any kind, just a weak opinion.

I don’t see it as a reach at all, because he has the highest ceiling of any player in the Draft
You or any one else can not possibly know that. Not taking away from the fact that you like him and also rate him the highest but you state it like it's a fact, which it clearly isn't.

He might be a total flop, handy, a star or anything in between but no one actually knows that yet.

So, you're getting the 4th best OT at 34.

We mere mortals would have to use a 3rd to trade up to try to get Guyton or a similar quality OT.

You or any one else can not possibly know that. Not taking away from the fact that you like him and also rate him the highest but you state it like it's a fact, which it clearly isn't.

He might be a total flop, handy, a star or anything in between but no one actually knows that yet.

He might have the highest ceiling, but he definitely has the lowest floor of the top 3. So it is all about how you think he might develop, and how much he has already developed in comparison to Maye who is almost 2yrs younger.

Watch the tape. He’s playing in the best conference in college football and physically dominating opponents. If he translates that to the next level he will be the best player coming out of this draft. If you know of a player that was more productive, and who is more athletic by all means put them out there. That doesn’t guarantee that he will become the best QB, that will depend upon who takes the coaching and does the work relentlessly, but I don’t see a player with a higher upside than Daniels.

He might have the highest ceiling, but he definitely has the lowest floor of the top 3. So it is all about how you think he might develop, and how much he has already developed in comparison to Maye who is almost 2yrs younger.

How does he have the lowest floor when he out produced the other two QB’s in his tier? People keep saying things like that, but they don’t back them up with anything.

Watch the tape. He’s playing in the best conference in college football and physically dominating opponents. If he translates that to the next level he will be the best player coming out of this draft. If you know of a player that was more productive, and who is more athletic by all means put them out there. That doesn’t guarantee that he will become the best QB, that will depend upon who takes the coaching and does the work relentlessly, but I don’t see a player with a higher upside than Daniels.
I have watched his tape, along with the other prospects.

You are missing the point. No one can say player X has the highest ceiling of any player in the draft as a fact. Sure that can be your opinion but that's all it is, an opinion, not a fact.

I mean we haven't even had the combine yet.

I’m sorry…I totally lost interest in this thread when someone said Daniels was just a “slightly better version of Mac”.

That’s like saying a a cheetah is a slightly better version of a Walrus

How does he have the lowest floor when he out produced the other two QB’s in his tier? People keep saying things like that, but they don’t back them up with anything.

Because how he produced is college, lots of deep throws and taking off if your first read is covered, won't be as efficient in the NFL.

He was typically the 1st or 2nd best athlete on the field in college, and the college game is designed to take advantage of that. The NFL, where there is a much smaller gap athletically, is more about scheme.

JD hasn't shown as much in college that will directly translate to the NFL, therefore it is more of a project on how he will fit, and the more projection needed the lower the floor is.

You sure sound like you love Mac, you were just citing his good college numbers. Hopefully the Patriots will Draft Daniels so we can find out if he’s as bad as you say. That’s really the only way we can find out, as you certainly haven’t given anything to support your conclusions about him. “ I just don’t like him” isn’t an argument of any kind, just a weak opinion.
I gave my reasons previously. I've watched his tape. His throws don't have the velocity they'd need to be successful in the NFL. I saw a lot of tossups that likely be turnovers in the big leagues, and a lot of throws to wide open guys. You keep going on about his stats, I'm just pointing out that Mac had all the gaudy stats too, and HE did it in the playoff and the championship game. Sadly, he doesn't have the arm or the mental makeup to succeed in the NFL.

Out of curiosity…

How high could we move up by trading away pick 34 along with our 1st next year + another mid rounder for good measure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes