PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eagles hire Oregon Ducks' Chip Kelly as head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
And in an intriguing move, former scout and current NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah says that he's heard a move to the 3-4 is likely. I wonder what that means for Brandon Graham and Trent Cole.

Good news. Especially after I've been listening to Philly radio talk about Brian billick as possible hc. Now that would have been awful.

This can be very good for Vick if he's kept.

And in an intriguing move, former scout and current NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah says that he's heard a move to the 3-4 is likely. I wonder what that means for Brandon Graham and Trent Cole.

Brandon Graham sucks anyway, so I don't know if a scheme change will have a defining impact on his future with the Eagles.

Re: Mort: Chip Kelly is the new coach of the Philadelphia Eagles

I would never have given Chip (why hasn't he switched nicknames by now?) Kelly an NFL HC gig
without first seeing him perform as an NFL OC for at least a couple of seasons. He also has zero
NFL experience, at any level.

Jeffery & Howie should've continued interviewing other candidates. I wonder if Gus Bradley already
knew that he wasn't getting the Philly gig when he boarded his flight to Jax?

Huge changes in the AFCE over the span of two seasons

Redskins get RG3, go pistol
Cowboys fire Ryan, switch to 4-3 with Monte Kiffin
Eagles get Kelly, assumed to go hurry up on steroids

This can be very good for Vick if he's kept.

Kelly might go with Foles. This was Kelly after Foles last game against the Ducks.

“I’ll tell you what; I’m glad Nick Foles is graduating,” Oregon coach Chip Kelly said after his team’s 56-31 victory Saturday night.

“I catch myself watching him in awe sometimes. … Nick is a hell of a football player. That kid’s a warrior. He’s as good as anyone in the country.”

Huge changes in the AFCE over the span of two seasons

Redskins get RG3, go pistol
Cowboys fire Ryan, switch to 4-3 with Monte Kiffin
Eagles get Kelly, assumed to go hurry up on steroids

I presume you mean the NFCE. But yes, that stodgy old division is getting some fresh blood, and it will be interesting to see how it shakes things up. Already this seen the Redskins have gone from last to first in the division. The Cowboys and Giants both struggled with RGIII's mobility, so it will be interesting to see how they deal with Chip Kelly's up tempo schemes. Not so well, I'm guessing. Certainly Monte Kiffin had no idea how to deal with it at USC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back