PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Eagles at Patriots post-game thoughts thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the two things that stand out most is our O-line really needs to improve and our wide receivers are having a hard time getting open and when they do get open, they are having a hard time holding onto the ball. I think without Edleman and Gronk, we are going to be in close games down the stretch and have to find a way to win them. We aren't good enough to turn the ball over and win now.
I think our Defense overall played ok...we still have to find a way to get a better pass rush. It's evident that our run d is not the same without Hightower.

On the lighter side, "Deep Threat" Brady is now up to a 29.5 yards/catch career average. :)

Thing is we could have realistically been undefeated if it wasn't for two game changing plays that completely changed momentum and altered how we played and gave Denver & Eagles momentum.
If you say that the momentum changing play in the Eagles game was the onside kick I'm going to choke you through this screen

Only positive spin on these 2 losses is that it takes our JV squad, a botched punt in Den, poor special teams and terrible coaching decisions for us to lose. One we took to OT the other we almost came back down 21 points in the. 4th. I like our chances if we get Gronk and Edelman back for the playoffs.

this team wont run the table.
three of the last 4 on the road.

Still think Tennessee is a definite W. All 3 road games have really good DLs so that is really going to test this team. I'm guessing 2 L at worst

Only positive spin on these 2 losses is that it takes our JV squad, a botched punt in Den, poor special teams and terrible coaching decisions for us to lose. One we took to OT the other we almost came back down 21 points in the. 4th. I like our chances if we get Gronk and Edelman back for the playoffs.
Well this "JV" team is our team. Having some key pieces out isn't a good enough excuse not to execute better.

I think they were saying 17 on just ST. There's still the 7 on offense, so a total of 24.

in the end, that's a lot of points to gift another team. And YET they still almost pulled off a comeback. I guess thats the silver lining to pull from this game. BUT there are still a few glaring problems they need to fix.

Well this "JV" team is our team. Having some key pieces out isn't a good enough excuse not to execute better.

This JV team is 10-2. Ask Dallas, Baltimore, and Indy how their JV squad is doing.

Yes they can do better but they are fighting against awful odds until hey get Gronk and Edelman back.

The 298 false starts by the LT were excrutionating to watch.

Glad there was a top-end officiating crew there to make sure that kind of stuff wasn't called:rolleyes:

in the end, that's a lot of points to gift another team. And YET they still almost pulled off a comeback. I guess thats the silver lining to pull from this game. BUT there are still a few glaring problems they need to fix.

I never give up on them no matter how bad it looks. I never would leave a game early like today with Brady QB'n.

Trap game. Too many cute plays early showing they looked past the Eagles and saw it as a training game. Played hard at the end. Not worried honestly. Was impressed by White.

No major injuries today ... unless Slater was injured ...

On that note 28 points missing top 3 weapons and running game sucks and O-line was poor at best.

Can someone send Blount some deer antler spray?

I am still optimistic going forward ..... the loss of Hightower is huge ... hope he's back soon.

I guessed 13-3 this year ... so for now how can I complain?

I just want to know why most here can't admit the offense, special teams, and coaching sucked tonight.

I would vote for the blocked punt. That was a real killer, especially right at the end of the half. Tough one.

And it all snow balled after that drop kick leading to block kick TD and going conservative on offense right before half Etc Etc Etc but with all that said Brady had a shot to tie it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes