PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DW Toys Fifth annual Trade-A-Rama: 1st round, picks 20-32

Status
Not open for further replies.

DW Toys

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
20. Tennessee Titans – C Peter Konz Wisconsin

21. Cincinnati Bengals –CB Stephen Gilmore S.Car.

Great combine. Taller CB.
POSSIBLE FA AQUISTIONS:
Rocky McIntosh, OLB
Robert Meachem, WR (good compliment to Green)
Resign Lawson and they can certainly afford it.

22. Cleveland Browns- QB Ryan Tannehill, Texas A&M
McCoy still starts….for now.

23. Detroit Lions - S Mark Barron, Alabama
POSSIBLE FA AQUISTIONS: They need to resign Tulloch
DE Jonathan Fanene would be a great pick up to spell Vanden Bosch

24. Pittsburgh Steelers – OT Mike Adams Ohio St.

25. Denver Broncos - DT Fletcher Cox, Mississippi State

They certainly have CAP room!
POSSIBLE FA AQUISTIONS: Another league shaker! Mario Williams DE. He would be the instantaneous defensive face of the Team. The Denver “Teemarios” They will back up the Brinks truck for this one. Dumervil, Williams and Miller. Now add a little Fletcher Cox. It will be a long day for some Offenses. Tebow won’t have to score more than 10.
Brandon Jacobs RB is resistant to take a cut from the Giants. Either as a CAP casualty or for a low round pick, the Giants might let him walk. Will take the pressure off Tebow.
The second choice I suggest is a trade of a low pick to get Redskins TE Chris Cooley. Good blocker nice in short patterns for Tebow. Kid needs a safety valve.

26. Houston Texans - WR Stephen Hill, Georgia Tech

Great Drafts have allowed an All Pro like Mario to leave and Houston stays on point still.

27. Seattle Seahawks (trade) via New England Patriots - DE/OLB Andre Branch, Clemson
O.K. What is Seattle thinking? ??Perhaps the most under the radar FA QB is Bryan Hoyer. He has been the understudy for the best in the business for years in TB and O’Brien worked with him as well. He has size, arm strength and has been on a solid winning program. Matt Hasslebeck came in under similar circumstance and player well for the Hawks for years. This will be a 2nd round tender and trade for the Pats. Manning, Flynn and Orton have homes targeted as we shall see. Henne has been a disappointment. Campbell is not going to be any better than Jackson. Quinn ain’t Flynn! The Seahawks also get the Pats first round pick #27 here. And the Pats add a conditional pick in 2013 if Hoyer does not have starts. The Hawks save a pick this year and still have a first rounder and the move is less costly payroll than Peyton, Flynn, Campbell or Orton. Who said Vince Young??????
The Seahawks have CAP room.
POSSIBLE FA AQUISTIONS: Dan Connor ILB who is solid and smart and then I am going to say if they can convince them that Seattle is a great town to be in, these two would work
Paul Soliai, DT (may be Bryant’s replacement as he moves form NT to DT)
and a bigger signing, Jared Gaither, OT

28. Green Bay Packers - DE Whitney Mercilus, Illinois
POSSIBLE FA AQUISTIONS:C Dan Koppen. Replaces Wells. He gets it.

29. Baltimore Ravens - OLB Courtney Upshaw, Alabama
Upshaw had a weak combine but good tape and a great program.
Ravens don’t have a lot of CAP room to get a WR like Wallace but this makes sense.
POSSIBLE FA AQUISTIONS: Laurent Robinson, WR (poor man’s Wallace?)

30. Pittsburg (trade) from San Francisco 49ers - DT Devon Still, Penn State.

OK The Niners get Mike Wallace BUT become a little bit less fluid in the bank statement.

31. New England Patriots – TE Coby Fleener Stanford.
Think like BB for this pick. There is something going on here……..?. Think of the options. Fleener is just as fast as many WR coming in the next few rounds. He can block as a TE. Three TEs with WR speed running through the opponent’s defensive backfield.

32. New York Giants - LB Dont'a Hightower, Alabama

I don't get it. We trade Hoyer and #27 for a conditional 2013 pick?

edit: sorry, I see the other thread now.

Last edited:
I don't get it. We trade Hoyer and #27 for a conditional 2013 pick?

Sorry. You have to go to look at rounds 1-19. Couldn't get the whole first round in the Thread. We swap first round picks with the Seahawks and give them Hoyer who will probably get a second round tender and we give them a late conditional 2013 pick if he starts over Tavaris Jackson (at this time). This is not a top ten pick but 12th. We move up fifteen spots for Hoyer and a later pick in 2013. Can't see Hoyer as much worse than Flynn and I know we are prejudice but surely better than Henne.
DW Toys

Wow, I certainly have to commed you on your efforts. While I may not agree with some of the picks, I can't criticize someone when they have put this much time, effort and thought into something. Great job, very creative.

And I think it would be best if a mod could merge all these threads into 1. It would be much easier to follow and understand all together because there really is a lot to take in.

Wow, I certainly have to commed you on your efforts. While I may not agree with some of the picks, I can't criticize someone when they have put this much time, effort and thought into something. Great job, very creative.

And I think it would be best if a mod could merge all these threads into 1. It would be much easier to follow and understand all together because there really is a lot to take in.

Thank you. I don't know how to do it myself.
DW Toys

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes