PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dump on me all you want, I think Krafty is a little smarter than he's given credit for

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I agree with you. I'd much rather have Jerry Jones as my owner rather than Bob Kraft. He could be the GM here, too, as he is in Dallas, and Belichick could be his puppet, just as Jason Garret is. That's a GREAT idea. Thanks for thinking of it!! Are you f###### ****ting me? Is this what it's come to? And for what it's worth, I think your usually a pretty good poster. Jesus Effing Christ...
Aside from Jerry Jones who is delusional about his football knowledge, I think any owner that hired BB and saw the results would have left him run the operation like Kraft has. The only complaint I have with Kraft is that starting in 2007 and continuing through today, he has put the interest of the POS commissioner and his backstabbing fellow owners above that of his own team and its fans. Contrary to the thoughts of some on this thread, I fail to see any willingness or ability of Kraft to remove the POS and I see the surrender of draft picks by him based on a sham violation with an apology to the other owners and teams in the league that sickened me.

I'd be interested in people's feelings about what current NFL owner they'd rather have for this team than Bob Kraft and why. Look, no one was more disgusted and disappointed in his total capitulation than I was. But, I'm past the point of moving on. As I've said before, I've lived through the Sullivans, Orthwein, and Kiam, all clowns in their own special way. Bob Kraft undeniably screwed up Spygate and Deflategate and I'd be willing to bet he'd admit to that. They were both colossal screwups. But, the toothpaste is out of the tube and no amount of *****ing, moaning, whining and complaining is going to reinsert the toothpaste into the tube. In my mind, it's time to move on.
The question is not "which owner" but rather " what happens NEXT time?" And there will be a next time when Goodell and his minions come looking to screw over the Patriots, Brady or Belichick. Based on Kraft's performance the last two times, can we expect him to be supportive or roll over for " the good of the league?" He had done great things as an owner but Spygame and Franegate are dark spots on his legacy and I think are fearful that this is not the end but just a lull in the witch hunts orchestrated from 345 Park Avenue.

The question is not "which owner" but rather " what happens NEXT time?" And there will be a next time when Goodell and his minions come looking to screw over the Patriots, Brady or Belichick. Based on Kraft's performance the last two times, can we expect him to be supportive or roll over for " the good of the league?" He had done great things as an owner but Spygame and Franegate are dark spots on his legacy and I think are fearful that this is not the end but just a lull in the witch hunts orchestrated from 345 Park Avenue.

Kraft is only one of 32 owners. He does not have the power to fire Goodell and they all gave Goodell the power to enforce anything against any team.

Kraft could turn into the terminator and he would still not have the power to overturn discipline from the league.

This attitude frankly surprises me. In a representative democracy where the most powerful man in the world cannot do anything if congress is against him, we expect an owners to push all the other owners aside and stab the commissioner and take his throne.

He got stabbed in the back and made a fool of himself. He certainly criticized the league more than any current owner has.

Belichick got caught in a situation and made a fool of himself at his press conference quitting the jets. he looked like he was having a nervous breakdown. This stuff happens when you trust people, or think you have control of situations and get stabbed in the back.

I really think some posters should have a season with Snyder or Victor Kiam or Francis Murray or Irsay or the flying J truckstop [browns] and see how they enjoy it. Who owns the Dolphins or the Bills? You want to go there?

Sometimes people deserve to get what they ask for

Yeah, I agree with you. I'd much rather have Jerry Jones as my owner rather than Bob Kraft. He could be the GM here, too, as he is in Dallas, and Belichick could be his puppet, just as Jason Garret is. That's a GREAT idea. Thanks for thinking of it!! Are you f###### ****ting me? Is this what it's come to? And for what it's worth, I think your usually a pretty good poster. Jesus Effing Christ...

I think you misunderstood his post.

Aside from Jerry Jones who is delusional about his football knowledge, I think any owner that hired BB and saw the results would have left him run the operation like Kraft has. The only complaint I have with Kraft is that starting in 2007 and continuing through today, he has put the interest of the POS commissioner and his backstabbing fellow owners above that of his own team and its fans. Contrary to the thoughts of some on this thread, I fail to see any willingness or ability of Kraft to remove the POS and I see the surrender of draft picks by him based on a sham violation with an apology to the other owners and teams in the league that sickened me.

You are naive. Which owner would have put up with the criticism and traded the necessary draft picks [a #1 and upgrades on two lower picks]for Belichick after he was perceived to have failed at Cleveland.

I'm guessing, having thought it over, and added giving him complete control, you'll realize the answer is, no owner.

1. I contend that the reason for BB getting fired from Cleveland was Modell's move to Baltimore and that BB had Cleveland in the playoffs while coaching there .
  2. Perhaps you also forgot that Leon Hess had given BB a $1MM bonus to stay and be the head coach so the Jets or for that matter Kraft interviewed him and rejected him for the job after running off Parcells over personnel matters. Kraft realized his mistake only after three years of failure under the Grier regime and that the extra draft picks in the hands of an incompetent like Grier which he received for Parcells did not have that great value.. Yes give Kraft credit for ransoming BB but I contend he only became available when Hess died and the team was sold to Johnson. You are naive if you think that the defensive coordinator of two Superbowl teams would not have another chance as a head coach for some other team if not the Pats. I would go so far to say that any team that hired BB would have a better record than Kraft and whoever he had hired other than BB to coach the Pats.

Last edited:

If you think I'm suggesting Jerry Jones would be a better owner than Kraft, then you totally misunderstood my post.

Jerry Jones is the first owner I'm suggesting who would FAIL as owner with BB as his coach.

Jerry meddles and wants credit.

I think you misunderstood his post.
I don't think I misunderstood it at all. I think I understood it perfectly. I think you misunderstood mine.

If you think I'm suggesting Jerry Jones would be a better owner than Kraft, then you totally misunderstood my post.

Jerry Jones is the first owner I'm suggesting who would FAIL as owner with BB as his coach.

Jerry meddles and wants credit.
Then your post about Jerry Jones was nonsensical.

So the question that gets begged here is this: As a Pats' fan what are you going to do? Hope Bob Kraft dies soon? Lead a coup-d'état and overrun his leadership like a third world revolutionary? Become a fan of another team and owner for whom you have a preference? Buy the team yourself? What is your practical solution?

I don't think I misunderstood it at all. I think I understood it perfectly. I think you misunderstood mine.

No you misunderstood it. He was implying that Jerry would not be able to stay out of BB's way because that is who he is. He meddles, makes personnel decisions and tells coaches how he wants things done. That's why Jimmy Johnson left and that's why Parcells left. Jerry cannot stay out of the way.

No you misunderstood it. He was implying that Jerry would not be able to stay out of BB's way because that is who he is. He meddles, makes personnel decisions and tells coaches how he wants things done. That's why Jimmy Johnson left and that's why Parcells left. Jerry cannot stay out of the way.
Once again, and for the last time, you misunderstood it. I'm sure the poster can speak for her/himself. I'm guessing s/he doesn't need you to tell us what s/he was implying.

Once again, and for the last time, you misunderstood it. I'm sure the poster can speak for her/himself. I'm guessing s/he doesn't need you to tell us what s/he was implying.

Go home man. If you can't play in the sand box just go home.

Go home man. If you can't play in the sand box just go home.
I am home. And, ironically, I'm guessing the sandbox (you brought it up, not me) is just about where your developmental equals spend their time with you.

I am home. And, ironically, I'm guessing the sandbox (you brought it up, not me) is just about where your developmental equals spend their time with you.

Wow. What an insult. You're such a freaking Genius that you see things in posts that others can't see.

You misunderstood.

So the question that gets begged here is this: As a Pats' fan what are you going to do? Hope Bob Kraft dies soon? Lead a coup-d'état and overrun his leadership like a third world revolutionary? Become a fan of another team and owner for whom you have a preference? Buy the team yourself? What is your practical solution?
Turn the team over to his son And sail into the sunset.

No, don't you understand? Kraft is expected to behead Goodell and wear the skull on his belt. he'd be a ****y otherwise.

Turn the team over to his son And sail into the sunset.
That might work well, but it eludes my question: what are you (we) going to do to resolve the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back