PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dump on me all you want, I think Krafty is a little smarter than he's given credit for

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, if he appealed and lost, they would be lost for a reason?

His position should have been, "Mr. Commissioner, your own report said that the Patriots organization and coaching staff had nothing to do with the ball deflation. Tom Brady and the equipment staff are disputing the findings of your report. Since there's a dispute between your office and my trusted employees and since they are formally disputing your findings, I'm putting in an appeal for the loss of picks and fine since that decision is based entirely on their alleged conduct."

Trying to "cut a deal" by accepting the penalty makes the organization look guilty and it makes Kraft look sleazy (and quite frankly, gullible). There is really no positive spin on Kraft's idiotic decision to roll over especially after the Brady suspension was vacated in a real court.

His position should have been, "Mr. Commissioner, your own report said that the Patriots organization and coaching staff had nothing to do with the ball deflation. Tom Brady and the equipment staff are disputing the findings of your report. Since there's a dispute between your office and my trusted employees and since they are formally disputing your findings, I'm putting in an appeal for the loss of picks and fine since that decision is based entirely on their alleged conduct."

Trying to "cut a deal" by accepting the penalty makes the organization look guilty and it makes Kraft look sleazy (and quite frankly, gullible). There is really no positive spin on Kraft's idiotic decision to roll over especially after the Brady suspension was vacated in a real court.

He could have handled it better. I agree the optics of him demanding an apology and criticizing the commisioner, then realizing he had no recourse [owners don't really] and backing down were bad.

Nevertheless I'll absolutely say he was right that an appeal was a waste of time. He was at the owners meeting fer crissake. His appeal would have been heard by the guy he was talking to for a week, who had just given the punishment he was going to appeal.

Imagine spending a week at a resort with the judge who was going to hear your case, discussing a compromise and having him say, go ahead, I'm not changing the punishment. He decide after talking to the corruptissioner and other owners that it would be stupid.

In my opinion, it would have been counter productive. Brady overwhelmingly won his case and started to turn public opinion too. If the headlines for the first month were about Kraft and the team losing their appeal, would that have helped? I don't think so. Just my opinion.

It ain't what you give, but what you share... ;)

Dump. Intelligence & Education are not synonymous. I've met a lot of folks in my life that were well educated yet more dumb than a bag of rocks. They were all nice folks but...

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. He already kissed the NFL's arse and got shafted. What makes you think kissing the NFL's arse again is going to be any different.

(you can't cure stupid!)

And I'll still defend Billy Sullivan. Nobody was interested in the AFL in Boston. Previous football teams had failed. You could not get anything built in Boston due to politics and scarce land and the franchise had all but been awarded to Philadelphia, with a press conference scheduled on Monday. Patriots Planet annihilus has an article about Billy Sullivan spending the weekend on the phone stealing the franchise away.

So easy to criticize people who actually do things, take risks, risk reputations and failure, so you can sit on your ass on Sunday with your corn chips and watch a game.

Wasn't talking about Billy so much as the idiot sons who were Bob Kraft's contemporaries.

Wasn't talking about Billy so much as the idiot sons who were Bob Kraft's contemporaries.

Naw, just the thought of how easy it is to criticize, how hard it is to do. We wouldn't have anything without Kraft, yet Billy Sullivan having to tell his wife there'd be no cottage on the cape cost him more than the hundreds of millions Kraft spent to keep the team and build a great stadium with minimal govt help.

Either way, pretty easy to dump on both when your investment in the game is a bag of cheetos and a twelve pack of Natural Light.

By the way, I hadn't even noticed the last line of your post, mine was directed to those who think it's easy to resurrect an NFL franchise in this area.

As to the opening gambit saw Kraft talking about his donation to domestic violence prevention on Patriots All Access. Sincere. Nice!

Oh yeah? Mr Hyatt owned the Patriots, Sullivan Stadium, or International Forest Products? Didn't know that.

BTW, since Kraft bought Rand-Whitney from his father in law in 1972, the company's growth trajectory has multiplied.

According to you, I'm sure, Harvard and Columbia simply gives out degrees to anyone who asks.

You are repeating word for word crap from Shaughnessy. Next, you will start about the highchairs and how the stain of deflategate cheating will never be lifted from the Patriots.

.....oh yes, and about how Bill Parcells is the real reason for the Patriots Dynasty.

I'm sure the Sullivans are more your kind of success story.

I am not here to argue with people unfortunately, the truth doesn't fit with the narrative you are providing. I am not denying that Kraft used his wife's family wisely but it is a lot easier to start with millions and multiply it than start from the bottom as many people do even with Harvard MBA's
By the way, I was accepted into Wharton and 50 people from my graduating class got into Ivy League schools so an undergraduate degree from Columbia is not that impressive. Harvard Business gave a MBA to George Bush enough said. I don't read the CHB so don't confuse me with that schmuck. Actually, BB is the real reason for the Pats dynasty, so give credit to Kraft for hiring him the second time when he became available due to the death of Leon Hess and the change in ownership of the Jets. Otherwise we could have had a continuation of the Grier/Carroll era which Kraft presided over after fueding with Parcells.

I am not here to argue with people unfortunately, the truth doesn't fit with the narrative you are providing. I am not denying that Kraft used his wife's family wisely but it is a lot easier to start with millions and multiply it than start from the bottom as many people do even with Harvard MBA's
By the way, I was accepted into Wharton and 50 people from my graduating class got into Ivy League schools so an undergraduate degree from Columbia is not that impressive. Harvard Business gave a MBA to George Bush enough said. I don't read the CHB so don't confuse me with that schmuck. Actually, BB is the real reason for the Pats dynasty, so give credit to Kraft for hiring him the second time when he became available due to the death of Leon Hess and the change in ownership of the Jets. Otherwise we could have had a continuation of the Grier/Carroll era which Kraft presided over after fueding with Parcells.

If Kraft was like Woody Johnson, BB would have steered clear of the Patriots also.

BB didn't just fall into 'lucky Bob's' lap. BB saw Kraft for what he is and what you cannot comprehend. BB judged Kraft as quality.

Either you cannot comprehend that fact or you are in denial.

If Kraft was like Woody Johnson, BB would have steered clear of the Patriots also.

BB didn't just fall into 'lucky Bob's' lap. BB saw Kraft for what he is and what you cannot comprehend. BB judged Kraft as quality.

BB had an agreement with Leon Hess which I am sure as a man of his word would have honored. With the death of Hess and the sale of team to the idiot Woody Johnson whom he disliked he wanted out. I am not disagreeing with the fact that Kraft was a much better owner than Woody Johnson to work for. However his availability rested on the fact that Hess died. I would also agree that Kraft was a model owner from the day he hired BB until 2007. I believe that since the capitulation to Goodell in the camera placement fiasco, his actions have become an ongoing detriment to the team and its fans. I am unwilling to give him a free pass based on his history given what his actions have done to the present and future of the team and its fans. Whether you believe or not the NFL has declared war on the Pats and he has unfortunately proven he is not the leader the team needs now due to his blind spot relative to Goodell and the other owners of teams.

He didn't inherit the business, he bought it.

Hello. Kraft traded the 16th overall pick and two other picks for lower ones. "Lucky?" he was excoriated. He would have been considered the biggest idiot in the world if "pond scum" hadn't been a successful coach.

I just love the revisionist history. "Kraft was lucky Belichick fell into his lap and his father in law handed him a multibillion dollar international business. Pass the Cheetos, lucky bastard!"

BB had an agreement with Leon Hess which I am sure as a man of his word would have honored. With the death of Hess and the sale of team to the idiot Woody Johnson whom he disliked he wanted out. I am not disagreeing with the fact that Kraft was a much better owner than Woody Johnson to work for. However his availability rested on the fact that Hess died. I would also agree that Kraft was a model owner from the day he hired BB until 2007. I believe that since the capitulation to Goodell in the camera placement fiasco, his actions have become an ongoing detriment to the team and its fans. I am unwilling to give him a free pass based on his history given what his actions have done to the present and future of the team and its fans. Whether you believe or not the NFL has declared war on the Pats and he has unfortunately proven he is not the leader the team needs now due to his blind spot relative to Goodell and the other owners of teams.

His availability? Have you actually followed the team?

I am not going to argue the point with you. Do you really think the fact that he was married to the boss's daughter had no bearing on the sale. I think if he started his own company after graduating from Harvard and not worked for his father in law your point would be valid. I am not saying that Kraft wasn't a great business man with resources he was provided, but it didn't hurt his career marrying Mtra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back