PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dri Archer released

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsinthesnow

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
@ProFootballTalk: Steelers claim Jacoby Jones, waive Dri Archer Steelers claim Jacoby Jones, waive Dri Archer

@dougkyed: Steelers released RB Dri Archer today. Here's what Belichick had to say about him before Week 1: Doug Kyed on Twitter

image.png

Draftniks remember Archer. 2014 3rd round swiss army knife from Kent State. I post this because maybe BB tries to salvage another misused scat back (Woodhead/Lewis).

He didn't get much of a chance with Bell there.

Last edited:
Archer was a guy I thought might serve as a good 3rd down guy in N.E.. He never seemed to be able to put it together in Pittsburgh, though.

I think I had Archer in all of my Pats mock drafts last year. I wouldn't mind them picking him up. If he picks up the system, he could be a dangerous Swiss army knife type.

Lewis and Archer on the field at the same time.

Archer is what I call a FlexWing ~ a Spry Fly.

Whereas Uncanny Danny and Lewis are short but Beefy, Archer is short and small.

I'm not saying he sucks: I gave'm a great Grade last Year ~ got carried away, in retrospect.

I'm just saying that one should attenuate one's Expectorations with this kid: Unlike WoodHead and Lewis, he can't be expected to Block with any reliability, so he's purely a Space Back ~ a FlexWing.

Given that...He could be an exceptional one.

No way he goes unclaimed. At the very least, you don't want the Patriots getting this guy.

I live in the Pittsburgh area and I'm pretty much forced to watch Steelers games and the guy never gets to the 20 in kick offs...

Pass...

Archer is what I call a FlexWing ~ a Spry Fly.

Whereas Uncanny Danny and Lewis are short but Beefy, Archer is short and small.

I'm not saying he sucks: I gave'm a great Grade last Year ~ got carried away, in retrospect.

I'm just saying that one should attenuate one's Expectorations with this kid: Unlike WoodHead and Lewis, he can't be expected to Block with any reliability, so he's purely a Space Back ~ a FlexWing.

Given that...He could be an exceptional one.

So you're saying that he could either suck here or he could be exceptional? You're really sticking your neck out there, Grid. ;)

In that case I will boldly predict the outside possibility that he could in fact end up being mediocre ;)

If the Niners don't claim him, the Cowboys most certainly will, especially after releasing Randle this week. Texans could use another RB too, with Foster now on IR.....

I can't remember if it was a problem with drops or fumbles but I do remember discounting him because of bad hands (I think it was fumbles). Also didn't break tackles. I'd rather keep James White personally.

Is Dri short for something? What kind of a name is Dri? Do you pronounce it like dry or does it rhyme with free?

Dri Archer sounds like he's a video game character.

I think we should pick him up just for the nickname possibilities.

How similar would you say he is to Jeff Demps, when we had him here? That's the name I keep coming up with after seeing the comparisions.

How similar would you say he is to Jeff Demps, when we had him here? That's the name I keep coming up with after seeing the comparisions.

I think of him more as a not so good Tavon Austin.

Unlike Demps, Archer actually likes and cares about football, which is certainly a plus. I was enamored with in in the draft, but the concerns about his playing strength are valid -- he's is an inch taller than Dion Lewis and 20 lbs. lighter. He might simply not be an NFL running back.

But if anybody could figure out the right way to use him, it would be the Patriots. I'm cautiously intrigued.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back