PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dri Archer released

Status
Not open for further replies.
How similar would you say he is to Jeff Demps, when we had him here? That's the name I keep coming up with after seeing the comparisions.

Demps didn't really have the versatility that Archer does. They had speed in common, but Demps was pure RB as opposed to RB/WR hybrid. A better comp for Archer might be a much faster Dexter McCluster, although Archer is significantly faster.

If the Pats wanted to take a shot at him, I think they could make it work. He'll never be much of a traditional RB, but the Pats are willing to treat quick passes as basically extended handoffs to get guys like that in space, and with the kind of speed and agility that Archer has he could be really deadly there.

Lewis' emergence makes something like this even less of a need, but I could definitely see Archer being a weapon in this offense, and probably as more WR than RB. Even if it's mostly just hitting him with screen, that's gotta terrify opposing DCs.

Add him to the rolodex and put him on speed dial..

He reminds me of D'Anthony Thomas. Slight of build but fast as hell. Both can be productive, but do we need him? We want tough, physical players.

we don't have any roster room considering we will need to cut a couple of guys to get hurt fellas back on the active roster.

Dri archer o over our 11th safety
Chris Jones over our 10th safety
Dane Fletcher to move in for a injury or dobson fixed it

He hasn't been claimed on waivers as far as I can tell. So he's a free agent now?

Seems like a guy Bill and Josh would love to toy with. How many friggin safeties are on the roster right now? I think he's worth a workout and maybe a roster spot for a few weeks to see what he can do. I bet you he could beat out James White.

I wouldn't put too much stock into what BB has to say in pressers about players. He makes an MVP out of every opponent's player.... Kirk Cousins is apparently the #2 QB in the league behind TB according to BB.... :rolleyes:

Here's what you do. If he goes unclaimed, you bring him in for a workout. Then, if Lewis gets hurt, you bring him in. If Lewis is playing, he'd be redundant.

There's barely any room on our roster for him....unless you're getting rid of James White

Archer may be fast,but he seems to play slow. Maybe he was missused, not impressed by his play at all. You would think that a team that lost their starting RB wouldn't cut a guy in their system if they liked him.

I'm a big Dri Archer fan. This would be like signing Danny Woodhead back in the day. Would be an under the radar type of move that could pay dividends.

Reports from Pitt are that he has no football instincts with track star speed. Seems like Raider material.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Back