PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Drew's Wine

Status
Not open for further replies.

NormZauchin

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
This is completely off topic, but I thought that I'd ask the question anyway. For Christmas, my brother gave me a bottle of Drew Bledsoe's 2009 Washington state "Doubleback" cabernet sauvignon. It costs a lot, but has received high marks by wine critics. I was wondering if anyone on this forum has ever had this wine. And - yes - given Bledsoe's propensity to hold onto the ball too long, I thought the name of his wine might more appropriately be "Doublesack."

Last edited:
Lol. When I first saw the thread title, I thought you were missing an H in there and that it was about him complaining about losing his job in 2001.

given Bledsoe's propensity to hold onto the ball too long,"
Wine is one ball you want to hold too long. That's a great gift. I'm sure it will be great wine. You have to crack that sucker SOON and report back.

Lol. When I first saw the thread title, I thought you were missing an H in there and that it was about him complaining about losing his job in 2001.

Hadn't thought about it, but it may have been the reason that he went into the (sour) grape business.

I know someone who stopped in a south shore liquor store and there was Drew with a table of his wine. Guy chatted with Drew and paid $75 for a bottle. Hasn't opened it yet. I could buy a lot of 3 Buck Chuck for that.

Yes, there has been much written about people's inability to tell cheap from expensive wine. See also, Leonard Mlodinow, The Drunkard's Walk, How Randomness Rules Our Live pages 130-134. But at least I got the bottle as a gift.

Sorry if you took it the wrong way. What I meant to say is you can enjoy it no matter what :)

Sorry if you took it the wrong way. What I meant to say is you can enjoy it no matter what :)

The important thing is that it contains alcohol.

Very difficult to find this wine. There is a very limited supply.
You can order on line but you have to order an entire case.

The important thing is that it contains alcohol.
I just wanted to let you know that I might be one of the 5 people on this board who knows who Norm Zauchin is. ;)

I've heard it tastes good at first, but then it goes downhill quickly thereafter, and is replaced by a cheaper but higher performing wine by the end of the season.

I just wanted to let you know that I might be one of the 5 people on this board who knows who Norm Zauchin is. ;)

Not too many of us left who remember the Pinky Higgins era.

I spent my preteen years in a housing project in Dorchester. Between buildings there was a brick wall with no windows. I can't tell you the hours I spent throwing a baseball against that wall playing fantasy games. Malzone on 3rd, Buddin at short, Billy Klaus on 2nd, and the likes of Zauchin, Gernett, Stuart, and any number of big, slow, strong right handed first basemen, the Sox threw out there in the mid to late 50's. And of course that marvelous outfield of Williams, Peirsall, and Jensen. Somewhere in a box in the basement I still have that Frank Malzone autographed glove that caught those thousands of balls that were thrown against that wall. No pitch count in those days, eh Norm. ;)

I've heard it tastes good at first, but then it goes downhill quickly thereafter, and is replaced by a cheaper but higher performing wine by the end of the season.

This made me LOL. I have not tried Drew's wine, but would love to do so and would enjoy hearing your feedback once you drink it. I too hear it is good, and I'll have to look around and see whether they sell it here in NH. I am a proud pink hat, wine & cheese loving Patriots fan. My favorite kind of wine at the moment is a good sauvignon blanc from New Zealand (the ones from CA and France don't have the same sharp taste that I like). Enjoy it! Maybe on New Year's Eve?

I didn't know how we acquired Pete Runnels, so you might make that 4 people.:D

You guys are being excessively rude and mean to Bledsoe...but I have come to accept that here.

The reason Bledsoe would fade as the season went on was because of his toughness. Seems odd but he would tough out nasty hits when he should have been on the sidelines. I have seen few other QBs that could take suck a beating and still stay in the game (Phil Sims being the extreme example). By the end of the season Bledsoe was half-dead on his feet...thus his fade.

I spent my preteen years in a housing project in Dorchester. Between buildings there was a brick wall with no windows. I can't tell you the hours I spent throwing a baseball against that wall playing fantasy games. Malzone on 3rd, Buddin at short, Billy Klaus on 2nd, and the likes of Zauchin, Gernett, Stuart, and any number of big, slow, strong right handed first basemen, the Sox threw out there in the mid to late 50's. And of course that marvelous outfield of Williams, Peirsall, and Jensen. Somewhere in a box in the basement I still have that Frank Malzone autographed glove that caught those thousands of balls that were thrown against that wall. No pitch count in those days, eh Norm. ;)

Did the same in a housing project in Chicopee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes