PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Draft Ranking on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeamPats

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Since all I ever do at work is mess around with Spreadsheets. I have decided to create one of my own for the Draft. On ESPN Insider, McShay has released his ranking of each player, this is a perfect opportunity to make a simulated draft. Now I am not here to say McShay is the end all know all Draft guru, in fact I have no idea who he even is, but it is a useful tool to get an idea where players are going. Let me know what you guys think, it's kind of cool to select your favorite school and see who might get drafted and where.

http://www.freewebs.com/pdt109/PlayerDraftOrder.xls

Last edited:
Since all I ever do at work is mess around with Spreadsheets. I have decided to create one of my own for the Draft. On ESPN Insider, McShay has released his ranking of each player, this is a perfect opportunity to make a simulated draft. Now I am not here to say McShay is the end all know all Draft guru, in fact I have no idea who he even is, but it is a useful tool to get an idea where players are going. Let me know what you guys think, it's kind of cool to select your favorite school and see who might get drafted and where.

<http://www.freewebs.com/pdt109/Draft Order.xls>

the link doesn't work, why don't you jsut cut and paste?

You forgot Andre Allison the wide reciever out of East Carolina. He had a not as good this year even though he had a good one last year. He has shown glimpses of someone who could turn out to be a solid player.

Hmmm... well I suppose that's McShay's bad. I just work here, in organizing it. I also added a value column to get an idea of if two players is worth one. Kind of interesting. I'm actually kind of surprised I have gotten little reaction out of this, I think it is kind of cool.

How about Zak Deossie? Invited to the comine. Should do well. One of the best northeastern players. An LB maybe the Pats have interest in.
DW Toys

Pretty cool, thanks.

Objections

1. There is no point assigning players when we don't even have a guess for compensatory picks.

2. I HATE that Draft pick value chart. It is pre salary cap and doesn't factor in the fact that the top few players are enormously expensive. Occassionally there is an amazing player that actually merits these numbers (I would have stayed Pat at #1 and taken Bush last year [who of course actually went #2]) but for everybody else in the top 10, as long as there are still teams who believe in this calue chart, its better to trade down. Based on published reports this year, it seems like teams in the top 10 who are interested in trading down are finding few takers, so perhaps its time that somebody made a new salary cap era draft pick value chart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News